1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Yoshi, will you be getting the hot toys Avengers Endgame Iron Patriot? [I ask, because if you are, i'm looking forward to seeing some awesome pictures of it!] :)

Can't get over just how perfect this guy is. An absolute monster of an armor. Huge firepower presence on the shelf. Seeing the recent mk6 makes me fall in love with this guy all the more
20200629_110948~2.jpg
Love the look when he just plants his feet and looks like he is about to unload...

Sucha great design
avengers-infinitywar-movie-screencaps.com-15104.jpg

Hey Yoshi, will you be getting the hot toys Avengers Endgame Iron Patriot? [I ask, because if you are, i'm looking forward to seeing some awesome pictures of it!] :)

I dunno, man. Not only the colours put me off as it looks like Optimus Prime but also the arms look way too long. The proportions just look strange and I'd always think that when looking at it. Maybe my mind will change, we'll see. I think most were disappointed with this suit as they teased the normal WarMachine colour scheme in the trailer...which didn't look half bad.

I dunno, man. Not only the colours put me off as it looks like Optimus Prime but also the arms look way too long. The proportions just look strange and I'd always think that when looking at it. Maybe my mind will change, we'll see. I think most were disappointed with this suit as they teased the normal WarMachine colour scheme in the trailer...which didn't look half bad.

Yeah I can suspend my belief a little bit with the rest of the suits that a human is in there, but the second Iron Patriot is so bulky. I don't know how a human can operate the arms of that suit.

Yeah I can suspend my belief a little bit with the rest of the suits that a human is in there, but the second Iron Patriot is so bulky. I don't know how a human can operate the arms of that suit.

Now that you mention it, speaking of believability, why did Tony even still need to be in the Mk 43 when he piloted it? How does that work with how he pilots that thing?:dunno

I don't even try to think of any of this that deep. it's all make believe. If you try to add any common sense to these movies it will make your head hurt.

I don't think it's implied they do anyways. Half of the controls are from neural signals. For example, it's not like the thousands of different things the Mark 50 can do are all activated by Tony moving his hands and fingers in a specific way. And it's not like he goes "Friday, activate Jack hammer arms," during his fight with Thanos. Pretty sure he's controlling all of that through neural signals from his brain. Even in the first Iron Man, when he's fighting the terrorists in Gulmira and has to use his shoulder guns to aim at them, as they're holding hostages. There were no verbal commands, and no hand movements to signify anything. I just assumed some of the controls have been from neural signals from the get-go.

And this is even more confirmed with War Machine, because Rhodey is paralyzed, so it's literally confirmed that he's controlling it through his brain. So the same way he controls his legs through the suit, signals from his brain, can be the same way he controls the arms and legs of the Iron Patriot. He could just be inside the stomach of it for all I care, since it would make sense in canon that he can control all of it anyways. Like, I never assumed that Rhodey's actual fingertips were touching the Iron Patriot's fingertips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that were true why would they even be in the suits?

Because it's a movie. We've clearly seen Tony is capable of remote piloting in IM3. They're not going to have him sit in a closet while fighting Cap at the airport.

Neural signals are the only explanation for these suit actions that happen when they don't make any actual movements with their body or verbal commands. There are examples everywhere. How else did Rhodey aim his gun at these guys when he makes no input to do it? It's basically a third arm at that point.
858b65c0631b76585e09ffee6897de5c.jpg

Also I found this explanation and picture online.

"Tony Stark uses something that's called brain computer interface that translates brain EEG signals to control machines. This technology IRL is currently very slow and not advanced as Tony's. The electrodes of the EEGs are shown in Avengers and Iron Man 3 many times."
7c95c7209365e5f629498197a35d77c4.jpg

Hi all...I was just watching some of those How to be a Poser vids, so I have a question. Those of you that collect the 1/6 Hot Toys figures, do you pose them and then pretty much leave em in the static pose. Or do you change them around on a regular basis so they don't just look like a statue? I've gotten in the habit of doing the latter.

Matt

Hi all...I was just watching some of those How to be a Poser vids, so I have a question. Those of you that collect the 1/6 Hot Toys figures, do you pose them and then pretty much leave em in the static pose. Or do you change them around on a regular basis so they don't just look like a statue? I've gotten in the habit of doing the latter.

Matt

It all depends mate. Some change them regularly, some leave them in the basic museum pose. Me personally, I put my figures in a pose I really love (dynamic or even basic) and that's how they will always stay. I find that perfect "representation" pose for that character and that's it. Then I just enjoy looking at em haha

Matt

I change them round regularly, especially when I?m cleaning them. My kids sometimes want to do posing as well. Some figures may stay in the same pose for 6-12 months but that?s pretty rare. Some are in museum pose, but most, like Spider-Man just demand dynamic poses. I take a lot of inspiration from Terry?s videos.

Matt

I pose, then they get left that way a few months, then checked for any issues (like pleather cracking) then cleaned/dusted, then reposed. Doing a good pose or balancing a fig on my diorama stands - if using something uneven - can take a while to get the way I like. I try to avoid using stands if I can. Sometimes I get inspired when I get a new accessory piece in.

Like I ended up with an Asian 1/6 wood chair, so I'm gonna redo my DS #1 and have him sitting for a while. Tho now I need an Asian/Tibetan 1/6 tea set.:lol

It's nothing regular but IMO good to work with figs; enjoying them is a plus over statues that are just there. I have some nice polys I wouldn't give up, but there's a real advantage with being able to work with a great 1/6 figure. PS. most of my stuff is behind glass otherwise I would dust them more.

Caved and picked this guy up. My only other war machine since the mark 1 and the best looking armor in my opinion.

Caved and picked this guy up. My only other war machine since the mark 1 and the best looking armor in my opinion.

Congrats, great decision!!
I have two War Machine figures, the MKIII and MKIV. The MKIII is a fantastic well designed figure, however the overall design, digital camo, and the assortment of weapons on the MKIV makes it more impressive and simply incredible in hand. I don?t think you will have any regrets when yours arrives and you open that box, it is a magnificent figure!

Just checked the tracking from UPS...my Hot Toys Mark 4 War Machine is out for delivery. 😎
I cannot contain my excitement for receiving this figure I am pacing around my room looking out my window every 10 minutes thinking I am hearing the UPS driver pull up. 😊
I already own the Hot Toys (Punisher War Machine Armor)...and the (MKIV War Machine) is going to look spectacular displayed next to it.

I also have the Hot Toys Iron Man MKVII coming in a few days as well. 😎

This is the happiest I have ever been since I started collecting Hot Toys figures.

Just checked the tracking from UPS...my Hot Toys Mark 4 War Machine is out for delivery. 😎
I cannot contain my excitement for receiving this figure I am pacing around my room looking out my window every 10 minutes thinking I am hearing the UPS driver pull up. 😊
I already own the Hot Toys (Punisher War Machine Armor)...and the (MKIV War Machine) is going to look spectacular displayed next to it.

I also have the Hot Toys Iron Man MKVII coming in a few days as well. 😎

This is the happiest I have ever been since I started collecting Hot Toys figures.

Awesome! He's a jaw-dropping fig for sure - pics don't lie. IMO elevated my collection - took me forever to pay off, but worth the wait.:love

SepticFleshThis is the happiest I have ever been since I started collecting Hot Toys figures.[/QUOTE said:
Congrats! I picked this guy up on a whim after seeing all the awesome posts on here, and it's one of my favorites now for sure. You'll be thrilled when you get him.

Received this figure today and this picture I took was done very fast. I was in a rush and only had like 20 seconds before I had to leave...but still even with both of these in the static pose they look absolutely stunning together. 😎

I am a very Happy owner of both of these Hot Toys figures. Now I only have to wait three more days for my Hot Toys Diecast Iron Man MKVII to arrive. It almost feels like Christmas. 🎄

I need to go shopping for some display cases and some kind of decent lighting I can put in the cases...I have quite a bit of figures and more to come. They would look a million times better displayed in some clear cases. The lights will also help bring out the wonderful details of these figures as well. 😎

BTW I sware my photography skills are far better than this dark picture I have here...again I was in a huge hurry so I just snapped some real quick.

I love how you get 2 head sculpts with the MARK IV War Machine so that one can light up and the other can open to see the great detail of the actor?s face. ...beautiful.

Attachments

• D9B58234-F3AC-44A3-B72D-B74B66A3A0D0.jpg
    D9B58234-F3AC-44A3-B72D-B74B66A3A0D0.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Back