Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always kinda regretted that I sold the release way back but those weak joints. Totally getting this.

Speaking of ED-209....that came out AFTER DX-09 and had notorious rotting rubber. If Hot Toys is still using the same old low-grade rubber on this new Batman, it might not be worth the cost. The original came out over 10 years ago. Inflation's been a real ***** lately.
TBH, even if HT don't make any changes to this figure, I'd still rather pay $275-$300 for a fresh out of factory reissue versus paying $500-$1000 for a "BNIB/used" 10 yr old figure. I mean it only makes sense, at least to collectors who don't currently own it.

I just hope HT actually follows through with officially putting it up for PO.

No, I totally agree that buying a brand new one for like $400 or whatever they'll charge is better than the after-market prices on the original. All I was saying is that IF the new one uses cheaper degrading rubber, it will NOT be worth it.

Somehow, the original is still holding up after all these years. But if they cheap out and use the ED-209 batch of rubber, this new Batman will be a naked figure in a few years.

Clearer look at the figure on display.

lZXsgnq.jpg

Hard to tell by the video and pics, but they might be using the newer bodies so at least we can get a figure that scales up to the newer Batman releases.

Love the base, but it's not enough to get me to buy it again. Definitely in for the Bat-Computer if it ever gets a pre-order!

Considering how they updated Peacemaker, I would be surprised if this doesn't get a few updates at least to the underlying body, changing the PERS system for the newer independent rolling eye system and hopefully better fitting mouthpieces. Either way, if it does in fact go up for PO, it's a no brainer.

Considering how they updated Peacemaker, I would be surprised if this doesn't get a few updates at least to the underlying body, changing the PERS system for the newer independent rolling eye system and hopefully better fitting mouthpieces. Either way, if it does in fact go up for PO, it's a no brainer.

I don't know. Peacemaker figure was mostly hated so there was incentive to improve upon it. The original figure for this is liked for the most part and sought after so there's not much motivation to improve on it. People will still buy it as is.

I don't know. Peacemaker figure was mostly hated so there was incentive to improve upon it. The original figure for this is liked for the most part and sought after so there's not much motivation to improve on it. People will still buy it as is.
True but the small updates I mentioned are, for the most part, all that they did with the DX19 initially. The updated suit/belt were done during production. But at the time of PO, the DX19 didn't look all that different from the DX12 or TDK armory Bats. And the TDKR Catwoman/Selina Kyle and reissue of Batman Begins have an updated body at the very least. So, I don't see this '89 figure being a complete straight reissue. Though, based on what we've seen so far, this will more than likely not warrant an update from the original figure for those that have one already unless they do make some improvements along the way during production.

Last edited:
Yup, the figure will almost certainly come with the newer bodies (possibly being taller) and I don't see the awful PERS system returning, almost certainly replaced with individual joysticks instead. I think those two can be the bare minimum we can expect.

True but the small updates I mentioned are, for the most part, all that they did with the DX19 initially. The updated suit/belt were done during production. But at the time of PO, the DX19 didn't look all that different from the DX12 or TDK armory Bats. And the TDKR Catwoman/Selina Kyle and reissue of Batman Begins have an updated body at the very least. So, I don't see this '89 figure being a complete straight reissue. Though, based on what we've seen so far, this will more than likely not warrant an update from the original figure for those that have one already unless they do make some improvements along the way during production.

Agreed. I am also inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and say the suit material would likely be improved. Hopefully, anyway.

Nothing would be more embarrassing than if the new figure started bleeding oil too. And they can’t afford that kind of PR hit anymore.

Its hard to tell but the insignia looks a bit brighter than the original. Would really like to see the cape a bit better, I am not a fan of the original one. I'm not too concerned about the height because then I would want an 89 joker 2.0.

I really want to know if they got rid of the panel in the back of the cowl. That was a terrible design.

Paint apps will of course also be way superior. So there's that too.

But I'm happy to wait and see how InArt reacts, and then how Hot Toys reacts........and then decide.

Back