Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it all the same "wonderfull toys" gadgetry included?

Apparently Still missing the bolo attachment, the larger expanding grapnel (and concept tranq-dart attachment)?
7b980e.jpg

Have to say the 89 batgadgets were some gorgeous engineering.
Though I wish the unique clip & rotating system along the belt "track", was better showcased.

7b9usr.gif

Seen again in returns...
7ba2z3.gif
It’s interesting how HT and many others continue to make the ninja stars an included accessory whenever a new figure is being made for the 89 version when it was an idea that never made it to the final theatrical release of the film.

Alright, after taking a fresh look at my DX09 I suppose it might be time for an upgrade after all. The likeness is still there but it's definitely lacking in the detail and realism of this new version. And it'll be nice to be able to actually raise the arms and put him in more dynamic poses.

Unfortunately my old Jaxon cape is starting to fall apart so I'll need another one of those as well. Has anybody ever tried one of those Valhalla capes offered on ebay? It appears to be a similar quality as Jaxon but not sure if they're as good in hand...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2035850795...8stFp06SXC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

It'll be absurdly priced on the aftermarket when people part it out. I wouldn't even bother tbh.
Not if you’re patient and wait a bit. Of course the first ones right out of the gate will be really expensive, but the initial inflated price usually goes down a bit once it gets a wider release beyond the first HK batches. Happens all the time

Alright, after taking a fresh look at my DX09 I suppose it might be time for an upgrade after all. The likeness is still there but it's definitely lacking in the detail and realism of this new version. And it'll be nice to be able to actually raise the arms and put him in more dynamic poses.

Unfortunately my old Jaxon cape is starting to fall apart so I'll need another one of those as well. Has anybody ever tried one of those Valhalla capes offered on ebay? It appears to be a similar quality as Jaxon but not sure if they're as good in hand...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2035850795...8stFp06SXC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Personally not a fan of the stitching on that but I guess that's a byproduct of it being wired.

I would look into Fusion Collectables for their capes. I don't know if they do wired or not though if that's what you're looking for. Could ask them and see.

394609-85C02D64-210A-40F5-8021-375F4299AB67.jpeg
4hO2dBt.jpg

I’m torn…
I want desperately this cathedral base but don’t feel I need a third Batman.
I mean it’s a great release, a great opportunity for those who missed the original one and if it appears to be more modern, refined, « realistic » from a human being aspect, I don’t know, for the moment, I still can’t really read Keaton in the sculpt.

I mean, that was 100% Keaton IMO…
View attachment 623242
Yeah, if I were to trade up I would miss this smirk sculpt that I think still captures Keaton's expression after Jack says, "nice outfit".

Yeah…the dX09 believe it or not was more posable slightly than the BR version…so you can bend the legs into a sitting position..however it wasn’t really designed too and eventually probably would’ve ruined the rubber material, I’m sure the new upcoming version will fix this issue
Those photos I took a decade ago were probably the first and only time I ever had him wedged in the car and it was maybe for an hour tops; I'd be curious to hear from anyone who left him in there longterm how he fared.
The gargoyle base is $66 extra...

For that, you get: Joker gargoyle, faux broken stairs, the drain Batman hung on, the edge Joker danced on, and Vicky Vale's white shoe.
That's what I really appreciate with these new diorama bases they've been offering - how they don't just have one usable side and then a blank empty side that faces the wall, but rather they offer several display possibilities and any side could be the front. Makes the little bit extra they cost a no-brainer if a person has the space, I think.

Yeah the Cathedral base is brilliant. It can act as an exterior, interior and can be reconfigured with that gargoyle. Can’t wait to see what people come up with when they display it.

First thing I think of is the Comic Book Adaptation. That cover is so iconic.

F13CD088-7D3A-429B-AA79-6BC305C58EEB.jpeg

It was also supposed to be Batman’s first appearance in the film instead of that weird animated cartoon shot of him on the rooftop.

474B3996-D5DE-458B-A555-77D6DCE102EA.jpeg

C656A79E-F9BE-43AB-AADC-F6D66A2877E3.jpeg

Personally not a fan of the stitching on that but I guess that's a byproduct of it being wired.

I would look into Fusion Collectables for their capes. I don't know if they do wired or not though if that's what you're looking for. Could ask them and see.

394609-85C02D64-210A-40F5-8021-375F4299AB67.jpeg
4hO2dBt.jpg
Where do I find Fusion Collectibles capes? I see one or two Ebay listings for Batman Begins and some YouTube videos about them but other than that I can't find anything regarding Batman 89 capes.

If it's one of those deals where I have to get on Instagram/FB then I'll have to pass, as I don't use those platforms under any circumstances unfortunately.

For those who are still pondering to get this new release when you already own the previous DX09..remember the original DX09 eyes were HT basic tech in which the eyeball was designed in a shape of a gear or cog reflection, all early eye design figs from HT made this mistake in all the figures featuring human eyes, it was only later that HT replaced it with the actual design of a human eyeball..so no doubt the eyes on this new Keaton bats will be more realistic in closeups

Have to say, excited to have this and Mars Toys Museum Joker coming out.

7LDc8BP.png

What still baffles me is that we have still yet to have gotten a single high quality 1/6 Pfeiffer Catwoman and Penguin from Returns. All these years and we STILL only get Batman and Joker. Bunch of high quality statues but not a single 1/6 figure of either.

Someone do them already.

mmbm-05s_a18.jpg
pWXmiOF.png

Tweeterhead-Batman-Returns-Catwoman-15.jpg

Where do I find Fusion Collectibles capes? I see one or two Ebay listings for Batman Begins and some YouTube videos about them but other than that I can't find anything regarding Batman 89 capes.

If it's one of those deals where I have to get on Instagram/FB then I'll have to pass, as I don't use those platforms under any circumstances unfortunately.
Can message them on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/246712868685361/user/100089202105014/

Back