Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. It somehow seems to give Batman a feminine touch.

Not as much as this...

cXXFx5B.jpg

Guess I'm one of the few liking the new version over the DX09. :dunno The overtextured cowl will be smoothened out a bit once it's downgraded in production so not really an issue in my eyes and it matches the way it looked in the movie depending on the lighting/shot.

There's just something really wonky and off with how Hot Toys did the eyes on the DX09 that I can't look past. They look too big, wide-eyed and un-like Keaton. A by-product of them not being able to do high quality PER eyes back then. Over bulbous shape to the cowl makes it look weird as well.

Much better eye proportions on the new one, the shape of the eye lids is better and they look more realistic. Has that subtle squint that Keaton had during the movie.

eOulyM2.png

J0vphXD.png
I would have said the improvements were minor until I saw this direct comparison. Hopefully the suit improvements are as on ioud when we get the thing in hand.

I do think that the neutral DX09 faceplate looks better than the neutral one here, though. No biggie; I'm absolutely going to use the fantastic bloody faceplate on this one.

Whether I keep DX09 on display or not will depend just how much of an improvement this is over it... but I expect I will want to retire my DX09.

That said, I am considering having a "clean" Bats (DX09) and making this one the "battle damaged" to go with that sick grin and the blood.

Kinda funny...I don't think a DC thread has exploded with as much activity as this one has for a long time. (and understandably so)

HT has indeed given us something to talk about.

And all they had to do is re release a 10 year old figure!

If only HT could see the potential in making more DC characters and especially ones from the older films and how much people would react positively to them.

Mars Toys is stepping up with villian options from the Burton and Schumacher films which is great but more the merrier

So I guess this means the first offering of batmen from hot toys will go down in value and now people will sell on eBay for reasonable prices

Oh, is that true? I never ordered. Came close, once.
Yup. I’ve seen ppl still waiting on their Jaxon capes for over 9months based on posts from OSKs Facebook page from time to time
So I guess this means the first offering of batmen from hot toys will go down in value and now people will sell on eBay for reasonable prices
It already has. I saw one this morning for $345 which is the cheapest I’ve seen it go for in awhile. A few Asian sellers even broke down some to part out

Me when I woke up and saw the email saying this beauty of a figure was finally up for pre-order....

Dc Comics Batman GIF

How I felt when I saw the prices

batman raining GIF

How I felt when I looked at my bank account

Tim Burton 80S GIF

How I felt when I said "**** it! I'm buying the Deluxe version and the Batmobile and if they make a Batcomputer with Bruce Wayne I'll get that too!"

batman joker GIF

How I felt when the high faded and I realized what I've done.....

Shocked 80S GIF

How I felt when my last shred of sanity snapped and I decided I have no regrets

Jack Nicholson Lol GIF

Last edited:
Seriously though I'm not even going to pretend that I haven't already caved and bought the Deluxe Batman...
That Gargoyle base is absolutely epic - definitely going to show that off in the collection, could look great with Batman or Joker.
Perhaps a 2.0 Joker is coming...?

That laughing gargoyle is perfect to go with Nicholson.

I'd love to hang Joker from the ceiling, clinging to the last rung of a rope ladder... foot tied to that gargoyle!
Thats what i plan to do with mine. I've always ALWAYS wanted to display a scene like that it would be the sickest dispaly option ever.
AWESOME display idea that I haven't totally just stolen.
Also - @Wor-Gar I have now decided to retroactively blame you for my purchase of the Deluxe version - you know the drill by now! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah it'd be disappointing if it just came with Batman again.

Turtle-neck Bruce Wayne or Michael Gough Alfred would be better.

Fantastic idea, would love either or both to go with the Batcomputer.

Yeah, my current DX 09 Cape is completely deteriorating. The figure body is still good though that’s why I wanna get 2 just probably retire the old one display inside of one of these vehicles.
This is more or less my plan also - this figure is going to be my new main display Batman and my Returns Batman (with the dislocated arm and other flaws) will go into a vehicle if I cave and keep my order for the Batmobile or decide to go a bit further and get the Jazzinc Batwing)

Back