Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I agree. Look at the Kenner figure.

842norv.jpg

:wink1:

I had that figure, loved the hell out of it as a kid

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I agree. Look at the Kenner figure.

Yup, plating.

The NECA one has it too. They designed this great ab crunch joint that is hidden under the armor plating. In fact, all the joints on that figure are well hidden save for maybe the elbows. From sitting, punching, kicking, blocking, that figure can do it all without breaking up the aesthetics of the suit and it's a cheap $20 figure.

All you have to do is look at their Stormtroopers, 1/4 TDKR Batman, DX 12 Batman and Armory Batman to see that they could achieve a better 1/6 '89, Returns, and Begins figure without a one piece suit.

Just imagine if they didn't push the envelope and just stuck with these,

_DSC2891.jpg

Yup, plating.

The NECA one has it too. The designed this great ab crunch joint that is hidden under the armor plating. In fact, all the joints on that figure are well hidden save for maybe the elbows. From sitting, punching, kicking, blocking, that figure can do it all without breaking up the aesthetics of the suit and it's a cheap $20 figure.

All you have to do is look at their Stormtroopers, 1/4 TDKR Batman, DX 12 Batman and Armory Batman to see that they could achieve a better 1/6 '89, Returns, and Begins figure without a one piece suit.
Even the 4 inch Mattel version had it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I had that figure, loved the hell out of it as a kid

Yeah, he looked terrible with the armor on, but the Bruce Wayne figure was nice and it looked like Keaton. My dad and I made a Bat armory using polyfoam and I would put the armor pieces in there as a display. It was cool.

It might just be the lack of reference material or just the lack of passion. Some how like the Avengers, Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy was over hyped and has a huge fan base. It's big in the Asia market in addition to the north American audiences.
The earlier Batman movies didn't have that super hero movie hype that we have these days.
Perhaps the sculptors were less passionate about it or it's just the know the cost wouldn't work with a smaller number of pre-orders with the Batman or Batman Returns figures.

But then again, it might be the lack of resources. The newer movies have tons of reference material. There's even a hard cover book the art and behind the scenes of The Dark Knight trilogy. For Tim Burton's Batman movies there's only so limited resources. Sculptors probably have to use screen grabs from the movies for reference material. There's no concept art provided from Warner brothers.

The earlier Batman movies didn't have that super hero movie hype.

I'm guessing you weren't around for Batman '89. Cause brother, I'm here to tell you, "hype" barely begins to describe it. :duff

Yeah the hype was big enough for the Burton and Schumacher films. Quite simply they aren't a priority for Hot Toys because they aren't new.

It might just be the lack of reference material or just the lack of passion. Some how like the Avengers, Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy was over hyped and has a huge fan base. It's big in the Asia market in addition to the north American audiences.
The earlier Batman movies didn't have that super hero movie hype that we have these days.
Perhaps the sculptors were less passionate about it or it's just the know the cost wouldn't work with a smaller number of pre-orders with the Batman or Batman Returns figures.

But then again, it might be the lack of resources. The newer movies have tons of reference material. There's even a hard cover book the art and behind the scenes of The Dark Knight trilogy. For Tim Burton's Batman movies there's only so limited resources. Sculptors probably have to use screen grabs from the movies for reference material. There's no concept art provided from Warner brothers.

M3oFcD4.jpg
06nzvov.jpg
f7d6KAO.jpg
8q320sj.jpg
weWAc2a.jpg
9gP6KeZ.jpg

I don't think it's a lack of reference, I think it's just lack of passion like you said.

Hot Toys did a beautiful job of capturing the little things like the Nike and Air Jordan boots (sans the copyrighted logos of course), the little metal studs on the glove palms of the '89 gloved hands to even the back armor of the figure's back which they nailed 100%. Hell, they even included accessories that are hard to find references for that they did a beautiful job capturing like the time bomb, gas capsules, ninja wheels and now the acid mix viles on this Returns figure.

I'm certain that they know that the armor pieces are separate from the undersuit. If you look closely on the DX 09 Batman, they actually sculpted creases and folds to mimick where the under suit would be. They even gave it a smooth texture as opposed to the rough armor pieces. It's the same deal on the Returns Batman, they actually sculpted creases as if the thing were fabric/leotard/wet suit. So they knew what's up, they just decided to make the whole thing rubber.

folds.jpg
folds2.jpg

It is what it is. They're still beautiful looking figures, but just imagine how amazing they would be if they just did one simple step. It's not even an extra mile when you think about it. Not only would it improve the mobility of the suit, it would improve the life of the suit, the figure, and look even better on top of it. I mean, they already have a fabric suit on the true type hidden underneath the rubber anyway! If you look, it's even more prominent on the Batman Returns body since it wraps around the forearms and legs like the DX 12/Armory.

Well... I just a got an email from Sideshow letting me know that my flex-payment for the MMS 294 that I ordered was pushed back to 5th March 2016!!!

Not happy about that at all! :mad: :gah:

I got the same

Also got that email. Not happy at all

Deanknight did a great job showing off this figure. Looks much better than the blogger pics from last week. He really went all out showcasing this figure, fantastic coverage. Any questions anyone has, he answers.

Forgetting Keaton for a while, my love for the batman figure is growing with these great videos.

Ok I got a question guys. I got an email saying my flex pay has changed... It only lists Febuary and March. It Does not list January, so are they not taking money out in January then?

-________-

41b9d10bd814eef8578b429295d3828f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to let UK people know, mine arrived from timcent this morning, I ordered the morning it was released

I've spent all morning futzing the cape, personally just as annoying as the 89 cape, so bring on a tony cape, the faceplates size is much better in hand personally

Just to let UK people know, mine arrived from timcent this morning, I ordered the morning it was released

I've spent all morning futzing the cape, personally just as annoying as the 89 cape, so bring on a tony cape, the faceplates size is much better in hand personally

Same. ^^

No time to futz, just took some quick pics. Glad HT have got rid of PERS, that was a pain in the ASS when it went wrong.

DSCF4242_zpsygkpqomi.jpg

DSCF4249_zpsysepikac.jpg

DSCF4252_zpsyq9ua87n.jpg

DSCF4253_zpsbpwjjt7d.jpg

DSCF4254_zpsha1awodq.jpg

DSCF4255_zpsycskklnh.jpg

DSCF4256_zpsyplik6tj.jpg

DSCF4257_zpsf9rcje1b.jpg

DSCF4258_zpstk3fhqxw.jpg

DSCF4259_zpsb13h8n6o.jpg

Last edited:
Back