Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

After a lot of fussing I managed to finally get a decent drape out of my cape. Also adjusted the eyes for the first time. Theway the suit limit's articulation certainly makes posing difficult, but I found slightly adjusting the stance width, ab crunch, and head tilt (within what the figure allows) helped me get a pose I was happy with.Sometimes subtle changes make a difference.

Hopefully the elbow bend doesn't hurt the suit, though. Dunno how paranoid about that I need to be.

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

北京国安;8598315 said:
4367954a348877314137276ee3ee18b2.jpg

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Your pics always turn out great.

After a lot of fussing I managed to finally get a decent drape out of my cape. Also adjusted the eyes for the first time. Theway the suit limit's articulation certainly makes posing difficult, but I found slightly adjusting the stance width, ab crunch, and head tilt (within what the figure allows) helped me get a pose I was happy with.Sometimes subtle changes make a difference.

Hopefully the elbow bend doesn't hurt the suit, though. Dunno how paranoid about that I need to be.

The cape looks great if there no magnets involved!

The cape looks great if there no magnets involved!

Thanks. Yep, no magnets. Mainly I just tried to create pleats/folds in the material, and manhandled the wires so that they "wrapped" around his shoulders and collected most of the material behind the figure. Considering it's a stock cape and I have no idea what I'm doing, I feel like I did pretty okay. Hopefully it stays that way, haha.

Unpacked this figure today. I am VERY disappointed with the articulation. He is almost like a statue. That sucks! But he looks nice. He does look good with the Reeves Superman.
Why doesn't the plate say: Batman Returns

I believe almost all plates are just "Batman".

Articulation is restricted, but so as the suit in the movie. Hopefully they will manage to make these figures better, because prices are really high, so as a result we should get perfect figure.

The plate just has the name of the character in this case. The base has the movie logo which is good enough in my opinion. This is one case where I don't think limited articulation hurts the figure. He looks good in a statue type pose.

Yes because we all know Batman looks the most menacing and threatening when he stands still. You never know when he will make a move and that is more frightening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But then I would have gotten a statue. I'm a 43 year old child. I like to pose my figures. That is why I collect action figures and not statues. I know in the movie he couldn't move much, but this is ridiculous. I can bend his kness (but don't really want to, afraid the fabric will crack) but can I move his legs (don't know the word in english, sorry) higher up. His thigh. Like he is kicking?

But then I would have gotten a statue. I'm a 43 year old child. I like to pose my figures. That is why I collect action figures and not statues. I know in the movie he couldn't move much, but this is ridiculous. I can bend his kness (but don't really want to, afraid the fabric will crack) but can I move his legs (don't know the word in english, sorry) higher up. His thigh. Like he is kicking?

I prefer the figure look spectacular with less articulation than look cheap just to have more articulation. There is always Neca and other cheaper looking figures for people who want to play with them.

I prefer the figure look spectacular with less articulation than look cheap just to have more articulation. There is always Neca and other cheaper looking figures for people who want to play with them.

If Neca did 1/6, I would be all over that. But they don't. So I'm not. If it is a figure, I would say articulation is pretty high up on the list of things it needs to do. If it is a statue, pretty low. But that is just me, I guess.

If Neca did 1/6, I would be all over that. But they don't. So I'm not. If it is a figure, I would say articulation is pretty high up on the list of things it needs to do. If it is a statue, pretty low. But that is just me, I guess.

Be happy this came out at all. Seriously.

It's official, HT does not give a flying **** about anything else other than Marvel and SW.

You're right, and it is a spectacular figure. And all the extras... it's a modern day DX. But he still can't move worth ****e. I love Batman Returns, the movie, I love Keaton as Batman, but this action figure is a statue.

I wish Hot Toys would give BvS all the attention Marvel is getting. Maybe for Justice League?

I think this figure has great elbow, shoulder and arm articulation. You can get him in some good punching and weapon holding poses.

With the exception of the knees (those pose really well), the legs are awful though. I don't know why they didn't give the boots ankle articulation like their first Keaton DX 09 and the Reeve Superman. They could have made a soft, pliable plastic boot that could articulate at the ankles and pivot. It's like they just didn't care and cast it in a solid plastic. They also could have designed a gap in the crotch of the leggings so he could spread his legs out more or something. It's way to tight and really restricts it.

And I'm sure NECA is going to make a 1/4 Returns Batman for Batman Returns' 25th anniversary next year. They made Penguin last year, they're making Catwoman this year, I'm sure Batman will be out in 2017 and have all the articulation and movement that this one lacks. Maybe we'll get a 7" one as well.

This Returns Batman is a great looking figure and a well made, standalone piece, but for the amount of time it took from teaser (2012) to the final product in everyone's hands (2016), it really should have been more. The articulation/suit should have been better, there should have been an angry and smiling faceplate, and there should have been a better Keaton likeness for the Wayne head.

Atleast we got this figure. Looking at it on the shelf and all these great pics, I'm glad they released it instead of scrapping the project altogether. It's well made with little to no quality control issues and is well worth the $190-$210 price tag (depending where you shop). It just sucks that they didn't give it their all and that we'll never see the Penguin they were working on or the much needed Catwoman.

Last edited:

I think this figure has great elbow, shoulder and arm articulation. You can get him in some good punching and weapon holding poses.

With the exception of the knees (those pose really well), the legs are awful though. I don't know why they didn't give the boots ankle articulation like their first Keaton DX 09 and the Reeve Superman. They could have made a soft, pliable plastic boot that could articulate at the ankles and pivot. It's like they just didn't care and cast it in a solid plastic. They also could have designed a gap in the crotch of the leggings so he could spread his legs out more or something. It's way to tight and really restricts it.

And I'm sure NECA is going to make a 1/4 Returns Batman for Batman Returns' 25th anniversary next year. They made Penguin last year, they're making Catwoman this year, I'm sure Batman will be out in 2017 and have all the articulation and movement that this one lacks. Maybe we'll get a 7" one as well.

This Returns Batman is a great looking figure and a well made, standalone piece, but for the amount of time it took from teaser (2012) to the final product in everyone's hands (2016), it really should have been more. The articulation/suit should have been better, there should have been an angry and smiling faceplate, and there should have been a better Keaton likeness for the Wayne head.

Atleast we got this figure. Looking at it on the shelf and all these great pics, I'm glad they released it instead of scrapping the project altogether. It's well made with little to no quality control issues and is well worth the $190-$210 price tag (depending where you shop). It just sucks that they didn't give it there all and that we'll never see the Penguin they were working on or the much needed Catwoman.

I was too scared that the suit would break, to try and bend the knees. Neca's 1/4 is too big for me and 7 inch too small. I like the 12" figures. Anyway, this is a nice Batman Returns, but agree, could have been better and should have had better articulation

Its sad it took forever to get this returns figure and hot toys could've made the cat n penguin without missing a step in next line of repeat release's...Anyway get my 2nd returns tomorrow cant wait.:impatient:

Be happy this came out at all. Seriously.

It's official, HT does not give a flying **** about anything else other than Marvel and SW.

yep it's sad- HT is nothing more than a subsidiary of Disney now....:lol

Well, at least then Hot Toys would hand their unused licenses to companies that would actually use them :lol

Back