Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I'd just leave it alone, nobody will see the back of the figure and it already has that ugly seam for the panel in the back of his head that kills the realism anyway. Those small magnets are classy (much better than tape or clips I've seen people use) and the drapage and flow the cape achieves in the front looks great.

I'm using these, they're super small and weigh the cape down a bit. For $1-$2 they're great.

https://www.michaels.com/promag-neodymium-magnets/10413548.html?productsource=PDPZ1

100% on that. Who looks at the back of your figures? Also the magnets are inbetween the cape so are easily hidden in the creases

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I don't think the stock cape looks too bad with the right amount of futzing. I got my figure to look pretty good in my opinion. I didn't use any magnets or anything, which could probably improve it some. The wires seem weak like most of the capes I've seen in-hand. They do help with the futzing though. Getting the right bends in the wires can help the cape lay down rather nice. Originally I had planned on buying a custom cape, but after getting the figure and messing with it I decided to just stick with the stock Hot Toys cape. Right now I have Batman with one arm bent up some and holding the grapnel gun. The cape is draped over and behind that arm. The other side of the cape is just lying down in front, covering up the left arm. I just hope the rubber doesn't deteriorate over time by having the arm bent some.

I dunno, it's not mine.

My Returns Batman doesn't have perfectly straight or sharp tips though either. Even the cowl scallop tips on my torn cowl piece are looking a bit dull after I put it on over the cape and shoulders. I think that's just the reality with this figure. I'm sure a couple of years from now those ears will warp a bit since they are so long and tapered.

View attachment 260045

I heated my slightly bent ears under a hairdryer for a few seconds and then straightened them as them rehardened under cold water. Looks perfect now. We may all have to this is a couple years since the plastic is soft.

That is a really great shot. Nice picture and pose.

Thanks, man.

That is a great look and pose.

Why don't you just paint the magnets black?
I think a flat or satin black would both work fine for what you're trying to accomplish.

Or if you really want to blend them in, cover one side of each magnet in a black leather.
I did that on my Ragnar figure. It has magnets to hold the ax on. Both the magnet on
the body and ax are covered in a leather to blend in with the outfit.

For a perfect blend on your figure, maybe pick up another parted out cape and cut little pieces from it and
glue them to the part of the magnets that show. Then the material match would be exact.

Hadn't thought about that, yet. If I had them in a more visible place, covering them in faux leather in indeed a good idea.

I don't think the stock cape looks too bad with the right amount of futzing. I got my figure to look pretty good in my opinion. I didn't use any magnets or anything, which could probably improve it some. The wires seem weak like most of the capes I've seen in-hand. They do help with the futzing though. Getting the right bends in the wires can help the cape lay down rather nice. Originally I had planned on buying a custom cape, but after getting the figure and messing with it I decided to just stick with the stock Hot Toys cape. Right now I have Batman with one arm bent up some and holding the grapnel gun. The cape is draped over and behind that arm. The other side of the cape is just lying down in front, covering up the left arm. I just hope the rubber doesn't deteriorate over time by having the arm bent some.

Fully agreed. Before receiving him I also thought I might have to get a custom cape (since I avoided this thread I didn't know what the general consensus on the cape was), but since playing around with it and getting a feel for it, I'm prefectly happy with it.

Finally received my Batman Returns today. I avoided this thread since the release to not get overexposed to pictures.
The cape really is a ***** to futz, but after about 1.5 hours I managed to get it to stay in position, with the help of some magnets. Still need to get some black magnets so they're less distracting.

IMG_9393_3_small.jpg

IMG_9416_2_small.jpg

My men in black:
IMG_9351_2_small.jpg

very nice.:clap:clap:clap

The cape is pain in the ass to work with, but I managed to make it lay flat, and looks quite natural. It's better than dx12,armory bats or qs001, but still not good enough. I'm kinda afraid of Affleck's cape, because from some angles it looks like paper.

I'm selling one of these Mint and new only opened to check if anyone's interested?
I'm also selling off a lot of accesorries, hands, weapons, face plates for it too.
If anyone's interested pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't have guessed that a new post from you meant you were trying to sell something.

Couldn't have guessed that a new post from you meant you were trying to sell something.

Hardly like that's all I post mate? I just wanted to let people know I'm getting Rid of a few extra things I don't need from this set & rather than them going to look for them on eBay & get stung

I've just bought this figure with the stock cape.Do you guys recommended to remove the wire from the cape?
I might be interested in a tony V1 cape. Anyone?pm me please

I've just bought this figure with the stock cape.Do you guys recommended to remove the wire from the cape?
I might be interested in a tony V1 cape. Anyone?

I didn't remove any wires from the cape, don't think that's needed. To properly futz it, I did have to use some magnets in the back though. Without any (magnets, paperclips, or the like), it's very difficult to get it to look good.

Speaking of which my wires just started falling out from their place... Kind of sucks

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

A very quick pic of custom glider made by Doggiedoc and just Amazing work worth every bat buck spent.
And no wont fit in detolf he's meant to fly on top.

Great pics!

Love the shadow it does with glider.
Peter Parker i Need pic's of this batman.

Last edited:

A very quick pic of custom glider made by Doggiedoc and just Amazing work worth every bat buck spent.
And no wont fit in detolf he's meant to fly on top.

Love the shadow it does with glider.

That shot with the shadow... WOW:cool:

Wow, that black and white one is amazing. Crop out the chair in the bottom and that looks like it could be a movie still. Great shot, really shows how much work DoggieDoc put into that thing.

Oh and great pics Bluevoice. All that penguin needs is a rocket and Batman's all set to turn them around with the sonar scrambling remote.

Oh and great pics Bluevoice. All that penguin needs is a rocket and Batman's all set to turn them around with the sonar scrambling remote.

Thanks and yes, I'm going to try and fabricate one for the pinguin. I'll use this as a reference.
19314b79cb79094c6c8bf2e1414e7b7c.jpg

Back