Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Well, did any of it impress you broken elbow and gauntlets aside? If not, go Full refund.

Well yeah, the cowl is a thing of beauty - it actually makes the DX09 look a bit squashed-face like MMS117 T-800 - and I prefer the Returns bat symbol. I pretty much like all that is different about this batsuit but, at a glance, it's an ''identical'' figure to DX09 and that's where my doubt is...along with the enticing idea of having the money back. This is actually the only chance I'll get to make all my money back on this figure. If I try to sell it in the future I'll probably end up having to accept a loss as is usually the case.

Exchange and keep. It's Batman Returns, and the tainted experience that you have had to deal with will wear off when you get a brand spanking new perfect bats to display. I went through this with the old DX Batman, and was delighted I eventually got it replaced. my 2 cents..

....but then there's that. This is a one-off figure in a line that was dead before it even started. It's not a long-term commitment. Once I pay it off my credit card who knows when I'll be buying another Hot Toys figure.

At present I have in mind to skip Guardian T-800. It's a lot of money to spend on a film that I don't even consider a real Terminator movie. I'm backing out of the BTTF line and the only other figures of interest are the Ripley ones, of which I would probably buy the Aliens version - if made, **** knows if it ever actually will be.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Nice shots guys. I think I'm sticking with the stock cape. I did with the DX09, and it just requires a high level of futzing to make it look close to the film.

The BR stock cape is fine beautiful even, it's definitely an upgrade from the DX09 in every way

I just want to see if the MEI cape will put it over the top

I love how the cowl looks in that first shot. I do tend to like the BR cape more than the DX09's, since it doesn't look nearly as thick and looks like way more pliable material. The DX09's gets wrinkled and bunched up too easily.

The BR stock cape is fine beautiful even, it's definitely an upgrade from the DX09 in every way

I just want to see if the MEI cape will put it over the top

Have you swapped heads and other parts without any issues?

Then go with the exchange.

Is Timecent going to check the new one before he sends it out?

I still haven't gotten back to him at all yet as I was mulling this over and opening up that NECA order I eventually received today, but he would probably do that if I asked him to.

He could be reading this thread actually. I think he knows about SSF because a few years ago he messaged me on ebay volunteering to replace a missing part of my Enterbay BD T-800 which I had only spoken about on here.

Last edited:

I love how the cowl looks in that first shot. I do tend to like the BR cape more than the DX09's, since it doesn't look nearly as thick and looks like way more pliable material. The DX09's gets wrinkled and bunched up too easily.

:exactly:

I think the BR Cowl is more picturesque than the DX09

Why did they make this taller than the DX09? I thought it was because how it was posed, by every side by side I've seen in here is the same. Anyway, that side by side shows how lousy the material the cape on the DX09 is.

By the way something else I noticed on mine which I'm relieved to also see on Guyver's figure (so it's not just yet another flaw on mine)

^a tiny gap between the mouthpiece and the nose visible against a light source or a bright background. It could probably be filled in with something...

Why did they make this taller than the DX09? I thought it was because how it was posed, by every side by side I've seen in here is the same. Anyway, that side by side shows how lousy the material the cape on the DX09 is.

It's not that much taller. The ears are defitinely taller and pointier

I think the mouth piece is wider and a thicker piece than the Dx09 so they had to raise the design of the cowl.

I also have the DX09 slouching a bit

But in hand there really isn't that big of a difference

By the way something else I noticed on mine which I'm relieved to also see on Guyver's figure (so it's not just yet another flaw on mine)

^a tiny gap between the mouthpiece and the nose visible against a light source or a bright background. It could probably be filled in with something...

It's not too noticeable as it looks in pics

It's not that much taller. The ears are defitinely taller and pointier

I think the mouth piece is wider and a thicker piece than the Dx09 so they had to raise the design of the cowl.

I also have the DX09 slouching a bit

But in hand there really isn't that big of a difference

Yeah, after really giving it a look it might be just that his mouth plate is bigger and looks slightly higher than the 09 which gives the illusion of 09 being a midget. They still aren't the same height, but if you made sure to have them in straight up postures it's not terribly different I'd gather.

Well yeah, the cowl is a thing of beauty - it actually makes the DX09 look a bit squashed-face like MMS117 T-800 - and I prefer the Returns bat symbol. I pretty much like all that is different about this batsuit but, at a glance, it's an ''identical'' figure to DX09 and that's where my doubt is...along with the enticing idea of having the money back. This is actually the only chance I'll get to make all my money back on this figure. If I try to sell it in the future I'll probably end up having to accept a loss as is usually the case.

....but then there's that. This is a one-off figure in a line that was dead before it even started. It's not a long-term commitment. Once I pay it off my credit card who knows when I'll be buying another Hot Toys figure.

At present I have in mind to skip Guardian T-800. It's a lot of money to spend on a film that I don't even consider a real Terminator movie. I'm backing out of the BTTF line and the only other figures of interest are the Ripley ones, of which I would probably buy the Aliens version - if made, **** knows if it ever actually will be.

I sold mine less than a week after receiving it. It's a lovely figure for sure but, when standing next to the 89, I couldn't help but feel that I'd spent a lot of money to have two of the same - it just didn't look different enough. I only need one Keaton so I decided to sell it now and make my money back.

I also hated the boots and lack of ankle movement - and I still can't put my finger on it but I felt that there was something slightly off about the cowl - still trying to figure it out.

Did anybody else's cape smell funny?

Hehehe look at his thumb....

Yeah, after really giving it a look it might be just that his mouth plate is bigger and looks slightly higher than the 09 which gives the illusion of 09 being a midget. They still aren't the same height, but if you made sure to have them in straight up postures it's not terribly different I'd gather.

:exactly:

I sold mine less than a week after receiving it. It's a lovely figure for sure but, when standing next to the 89, I couldn't help but feel that I'd spent a lot of money to have two of the same - it just didn't look different enough. I only need one Keaton so I decided to sell it now and make my money back.

I also hated the boots and lack of ankle movement - and I still can't put my finger on it but I felt that there was something slightly off about the cowl - still trying to figure it out.

Did anybody else's cape smell funny?

I'm happy I have both. Wouldn't have it any other way

This is reassuring to see. I don't even see a difference now. The plate is taller in the corners, so it gives the illusion in some photos that his head is higher, and it's not.

This is reassuring to see. I don't even see a difference now. The plate is taller in the corners, so it gives the illusion in some photos that his head is higher, and it's not.

There's an extra neck post attached to the BR Cowl that gives it the illusion that the symbol is higher than DX09 but it's not

Received mine this week!

20160113_224600%257E2.jpg

Back