1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it but it also has a "little boy" look about it too - something about the way the features are distributed on the face that isn't quite right (maybe eyes/mouth too close together and face a bit flat looking, or simply that the eyes and mouth are too small for the size of head) even if it looks good overall. The Luke had a similar issue where it had a really good Hamil vibe but the eyes were set oddly in relation to the face.

The slightly distorted close-up above makes the eyes and mouth appear bigger in relation to the head than in the wider shot and seems to fix it, so maybe that is it.

He did a great job with the beard and hair. While the old Sideshow one still is the only bullseye to me likeness-wise, as well as being oversized it has a lack of sculpt detail that feels dated and this one really does a nice job in that department.

Yeah, that was certainly my issue when the head was first shown. The best shots of it do tend to have some lens distortion from being taken up close. Still need to get some neck adapters and see it on the figure proper, I think there will be an angle (which is the case with so many figures) where it shines. The HT sculpt is really amazing in detail, just doesn't check enough of the likeness box enough. The SS still seems a bit oversized and lacking in detail. Would be nice if HT revisited
the figure at some point, doesn't seem likely though.

Well, as much as I don’t think the HT sculpt looks like Alec by the time he made Star Wars, I broke down and got one of these since it’ll probably be the only one released in my lifetime.

Well, as much as I don’t think the HT sculpt looks like Alec by the time he made Star Wars, I broke down and got one of these since it’ll probably be the only one released in my lifetime.

You’re probably right, though eventually someone has to make another one of these. Hasbro made one in ~1996, SS made one in ~2006, and SS made one in 2015 or whenever this thread started. Either way you won’t be disappointed. It’s a nice figure of a hugely important character in the OT.

Jnix is doing another run of his Obi Wan head sculpt for those interested. $170 US painted and shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He posted it in his Facebook group. Here is a screenshot of that post.

7235e19f5f4e5dc2eca4ec32ece56698.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda regret skipping this guy but the ANH Luke sculpt was so bad that I was skipping Luke anyway and wouldn't have anyone to display him with.

Sweet pose, ObiGlennKenobi.

You captured the scene right before he confronts Darth Vader on the Death Star.

THANKYOU sir.
That's the scene i was aiming for.
Gives me GOOSEBUMPS every time and then BAM!!!.."I've been waiting for you Obi wan.We meet again at last"...

I like the likeness in general, but with the hood up, framing the face it looks really good. Both options are still miles better than the baby-faced Jinx sculpt.

Back