1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may not be a perfect likeness, but it's still a good looking figure...

HT-ANH-KENOBI-019.jpg

The weird thing is this fig looks just like one of my college professors, so it feels very "mentor" for me regardless.

Great ANH display.:clap I actually thought it was a pic of one of the HT display cases from a show/con.

Your college professor was Obi-Wan? That’s awesome! :lol

Sorry for spamming this thread but something is wrong with my FS thread. I have an Obi Wan that has been displayed. $230 I need him GONE. Thanks

Pretty psyched as I didn’t think I’d get a chance at this Jnix sculpt again after passing on it initially. Need to get a neck adapter to attach it to the body.

b3433931b46f17c53277a5f28f2930a7.jpg

I still think the old Sideshow Ben sculpt is the best ever done (though it obviously needs a repaint and is slightly oversized) but the level of sculpt detail Jnix did on that Ben is really astounding. That pic/lighting really shows it pretty nicely.

The Jnix sculpt is awesome! I wasn’t convinced when I first saw it, and I actually passed on the initial run, but fortunately I was able to pick one up on the secondary market.
3826508D-0280-4438-8884-9CCF5EDD2670.jpg
3FE4E65D-F3B5-4CBF-B2A0-E4B0B26DFB0A.jpg

The Jnix sculpt is awesome! I wasn’t convinced when I first saw it, and I actually passed on the initial run, but fortunately I was able to pick one up on the secondary market.
View attachment 457664
View attachment 457665

I like it but it also has a "little boy" look about it too - something about the way the features are distributed on the face that isn't quite right (maybe eyes/mouth too close together and face a bit flat looking, or simply that the eyes and mouth are too small for the size of head) even if it looks good overall. The Luke had a similar issue where it had a really good Hamil vibe but the eyes were set oddly in relation to the face.

The slightly distorted close-up above makes the eyes and mouth appear bigger in relation to the head than in the wider shot and seems to fix it, so maybe that is it.

He did a great job with the beard and hair. While the old Sideshow one still is the only bullseye to me likeness-wise, as well as being oversized it has a lack of sculpt detail that feels dated and this one really does a nice job in that department.

Back