1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys. Looking for some advice. I’ve just purchased this figure today. I’m waiting on it arrive.I plan on posing the figure with the hood up, is the robe ok for no staining issues?

Hi guys. Looking for some advice. I’ve just purchased this figure today. I’m waiting on it arrive.I plan on posing the figure with the hood up, is the robe ok for no staining issues?

I displayed mine with the hood up for over a year and didn’t get any staining.

Finally got some custom duds for Ben. I never liked the material HT chose to use.

CD17F4A7-AAF4-4FB1-AEEA-DE6181003094.jpeg

Some staining might help improve the likeness.:dunno

I agree. It is a nicely done figure but the sculpt is not a great Sir Alec G., for sure.

Given the alternatives (custom or otherwise), the HT sculpt is a home run. And we'll likely never see another Old Kenobi 1/6 figure to this level of quality for many, many years to come (if at all) - which is reflected in the market value of the figure, which has jumped to ridiculous levels right alongside the original HT Princess Leia.

Given the alternatives (custom or otherwise), the HT sculpt is a home run. And we'll likely never see another Old Kenobi 1/6 figure to this level of quality for many, many years to come (if at all) - which is reflected in the market value of the figure, which has jumped to ridiculous levels right alongside the original HT Princess Leia.

Huh? ...

I agree. The closest is the most recent attempt by Sideshow, but that doesn't hold up on a technical level to today's quality of sculpt. Jinx's is, respectfully, not even in the running here, so that ultimately leaves HT's as defacto king. Could it have some improvement? Absolutely. But it's still the only one I would want to display. I also think it doesn't photograph particularly well, seemingly delivering a wider cranium than the sculpt appears to have in person.
0a184d4cb2749950fb395697ca7cd2c4.jpg

Just picked up this guy as my first ever hot toys forgive, or any figure for that matter.

Saw some examples in Toy Sapiens in Tokyo recently and was very impressed by their quality so knew I had to get involved and grab a few. Luckily found a brand new boxed Obiwan at a great price which was my favourite from the existing starwars line so picked it up.

I’m almost scared to open the box!

New member so can’t post pics yet. Will get some up as soon as I can.

Glad to now be part of the madness!

I enjoyed him also when he was in my collection. Had to trim some fat though.

Attachments

• IMG_4792.jpg
    IMG_4792.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 129
Back