1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kim is an excellent sculptor and undeserving of the bad rap he continues to take for the one rubbish sculpt.

Yup. . . he's responsible for probably the top 3 sculpts this hobby has ever seen, in (numerous) Bruce Lees, Reeve Superman, and Carlito, but all people can talk about is Indy. Learn a new song, folks.

People seem to forget that there are numerous people involved in the creative process, and there were likely at least 3 or 4 other people that gave the okay.

You mean like after he kills Greedo in cold blood and says "sorry about the mess"? :wink1:

Been watching the DEspecialized version. Hans shirt is def. yellow and not white.

Inaccurate!

Somebody should tweet hot toys :D

I think Trevor Grove is the best HF sculptor. I saw the original wax sculpt he did for Sideshow's ANH Han and it's dead-on. Too bad it was painted horribly in China. Sideshow should follow the HT method where the heads are cast in flesh-colored semi-transparent plastic so there's no need to cover the entire head in flesh paint -- just tint/wash it with shadows, then add freckles, moles and other skin imperfections, then paint the hair and eyes.

The only problem with HT's heads is that the skin tone is always a little too dark, probably so it doesn't look too pale when photographed with a flash. Baby Doll should be pale but HT gave her a tanned look.

Im pretty sure its a lighting thing, in most scenes yes it is yellow while some scenes in the falcon it looks off-white.
That really bright white HT is using is def wrong though.

It's cream, off white. Always has been.

the_wolf.png

Bollox,, was planning on cancelling this and jumping on the 2 pack,, ordered on friday,, only had 48 hours to cancel without cancellation fee?

Arnie Kim didn't sculpt the final Reeve head. His work was revised by Yulli. And he will forever be held responsible for ****ing up what should have been a Grail. THE reason why I still don't have DX05 to this day.

Here's my contribution of what I'd like to see changed.

View attachment 136323

If the reveal looked like that there would have been next to no complaints in this thread. That right there is the Han fig I want to own

The upside is it looks like HT is making a bigger habit of revisions. Just this week we saw they saved that Pratt sculpt and Spidey's suit. That gives me hope that these will be tweaked, but then again, maybe they won't if PO is successful

If the reveal looked like that there would have been next to no complaints in this thread. That right there is the Han fig I want to own

The upside is it looks like HT is making a bigger habit of revisions. Just this week we saw they saved that Pratt sculpt and Spidey's suit. That gives me hope that these will be tweaked, but then again, maybe they won't if PO is successful

Somebody should post it on HT's FB page. Doesn't hurt to try.

Don't like the expression myself, too stern and the mouth lacks character. I'd opt for what's there already.

Here's my contribution of what I'd like to see changed.

View attachment 136323
I like your changes man, looks good. The face does look a little stern though as mentioned.

You know - that hair though, & the hairline for that matter. The 'style' is Ruffalo 'Banner'-esque, & they've gotta get that hair piece to sit lower, because it's definitely throwing the likeness out.

Back