1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bollox,, was planning on cancelling this and jumping on the 2 pack,, ordered on friday,, only had 48 hours to cancel without cancellation fee?

Probably, but just call them and have them manually change it for you. They're generally pretty good about stuff like that.

I find that the likeness is almost perfect. It was still a order for me because it definitely out beats the DX05 Hot Toys did a while back. This is the closest to Ford I've seen besides Sideshow Hoth Han. Maybe Hot Toys will tweak the sculpt? They've been tweaking some things lately like Star Lord Chris Pratt sculpt is dead on. They may definitely go back and fix this.

I find that the likeness is almost perfect. It was still a order for me because it definitely out beats the DX05 Hot Toys did a while back. This is the closest to Ford I've seen besides Sideshow Hoth Han. Maybe Hot Toys will tweak the sculpt? They've been tweaking some things lately like Star Lord Chris Pratt sculpt is dead on. They may definitely go back and fix this.

I sincerely hope tweaks are done on this Han. ANH Han is my grail piece from the first movie; Chewie is just icing on the cake

I sincerely hope tweaks are done on this Han. ANH Han is my grail piece from the first movie; Chewie is just icing on the cake

I'm hoping the same. I they can tweak some of there other products. Than they sure can tweak this. They got time to work on it.

I'm hoping the same. I they can tweak some of there other products. Than they sure can tweak this. They got time to work on it.

I am sure they are aware of the heat they would receive if tweaks are not made. Starlord revisions certainly means (to me) that they would try with a iconic piece like Han Solo

I am sure they are aware of the heat they would receive if tweaks are not made. Starlord revisions certainly means (to me) that they would try with a iconic piece like Han Solo

I definitely agree with you. I guess we'll see what they do.

Yeah, to me, Han in Star Wars always had an off white, cream colored shirt, hence the changes.

Tremendous work Fab.

If the reveal looked like that there would have been next to no complaints in this thread. That right there is the Han fig I want to own

I like your changes man, looks good. The face does look a little stern though as mentioned.

Thanks. I also changed the boots so they'd be more like the Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman boots. That soft, pliable plastic. I hate that baggy, cheap faux leather look they have going on.

Oh, and I made the hand smaller and the arms/forearms less thick.

image.jpg

Don't like the expression myself, too stern and the mouth lacks character. I'd opt for what's there already.

The face is more ruthless, sure, but I'd rather have a stern Han Solo that looks like Harrison Ford that has his features than a Han Solo that doesn't resemble the actor at all and has a goofy, featureless expression, symmetrical features and dead, lifeless eyes. The lips they did only have a hint of a "fun" demeanor anyway. It looks just like their weird smirking expression that they did for DX 12 Batman.

If the final product looked like my shopped revision, it's not like we couldn't get a less stern expression with other Han Solo versions (like Stormtrooper disguise). The key here is actually looking like Harrision Ford.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I think with Star Lord, changes were bound to occur due to likeness approval. Let's remember, the portrait in the preorder was blurred out just like their Andrew Garfield sculpt for the ASM figure.

That Star Lord head we saw at the cons/shows were just a prototype place holder as they were still adding the finishing touches to the one we now see. Han's pics aren't blurred out or obscured, so there's a chance they might not do a damn thing. star Lord is an exception, not the rule.

HOWEVER, this could and hopefully will be, a similar situation to the DX 10 and DX 13 Arnies. Anyone remember how bad the DX 10 proto looked? It was awful. The final product features an all new headsculpt that was an improvement over the proto (even with it's jacked up eyes). Likewise, the DX 13 had the same final product DX 10 head, but was changed drastically for the final product. The result was arguably the best Arnold likeness Hot Toys has done.

So there's still hope.

Yeah, to me, Han in Star Wars always had an off white, cream colored shirt, hence the changes.

Thanks. I also changed the boots so they'd be more like the Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman boots. That soft, pliable plastic. I hate that baggy, cheap faux leather look they have going on.

View attachment 136364

The face is more ruthless, sure, but I'd rather have a stern Han Solo that looks like Harrison Ford that has his features than a Han Solo that doesn't resemble the actor at all and has a goofy, featureless expression, symmetrical features and dead, lifeless eyes. The lips they did only have a hint of a "fun" demeanor anyway. It looks just like their weird smirking expression that they did for DX 12 Batman.

If the final product looked like my shopped revision, it's not like we couldn't get a less stern expression with other Han Solo versions (like Stormtrooper disguise). The key here is actually looking like Harrision Ford.

View attachment 136365View attachment 136366

Please send that to ht Fabiola. Via fb or whatever.

You've really done a hantastic job.

Last edited:
I gots no Facebook. I gots a twitter but alas, Hot Toys does not.

Anyone with a Facebook, feel free to spam some walls with my photoshops if you so desire.

Yeah, noticed all that straight away. :)

They need to make their hands smaller in general really. I think his frame looking a little buff upstairs might also have a bit to do with futzing of the clothes.

Arnie Kim didn't sculpt the final Reeve head. His work was revised by Yulli. And he will forever be held responsible for ****ing up what should have been a Grail. THE reason why I still don't have DX05 to this day.

Ah, hadn't heard that before. Well it definitely explains the massive difference in quality. Very odd though that they didn't recognize a similar problem with the Indy head, and try to make improvements to it as well. Unless they were under some tight deadline and didn't have time to change anything.

Let's just say that unless it's business related, I'm not too keen on "staying connected".

Back