1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's funny how they've yet to make a Ledger Joker regular smiling sculpt.

He either looks earnest and brooding, or ****ing hysterical. They did a fantastic job on their Nicholson Joker smiles, why not Ledger? More times or not, he looked amused, not straight faced.

I like the DX11 sculpt because of the smirk. I was glad that the "neutral" head that time around finally had some personality to it.

Look the makeup is identical !!!
Hot toys he mocks us royally !!!
V2.0
140702104258941684.jpg

V1.0
140702101741121850.jpg

140702103740675736.jpg

It's a really nice sculpt. But nothing about it says bank robbery scene. Like someone posted earlier, it looks more like his waiting face in the interrogation room. HT has this weird way of mixing the source material and it takes away from some figures.

Yeah, HT should go for that kind of half smirk The Joker pulls when he reveals his true identity to the bank manager and stuffs the smoke grenade in his mouth.

Seriously, though, why the hell has no one ever done the damn smile? Not a laughing sculpt, or a serious sculpt, but that damn, toothy grin. There was a part of me that thought "how awesome would it be if they did the 'whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you...stranger' grin with this version?" As it turns out, that wasn't the case...at all.

I think it's funny how they've yet to make a Ledger Joker regular smiling sculpt.

He either looks earnest and brooding, or ****ing hysterical. They did a fantastic job on their Nicholson Joker smiles, why not Ledger? More times or not, he looked amused, not straight faced.

article-2334159-1A16D0A8000005DC-689_634x389.jpg

Nurse.png

heath-ledger-joker-smile-img.jpg

You and me; we're simpatico, brother.

in all honesty.. I plan to get this.. I have version 1.0 but.. im a ledger joker collector.. of a lot of things not just hot toys.. its the reason I came into this hobby..i feel like I couldn't go without it in my collection

I'm amazed that they haven't made a Ledger Joker sculpt that looks like Ledger Joker. The nearest they have come to getting it right was the extra laughing sculpt with the 2.0.

I just realized that you can't recreate this pose because the ******** head sculpt and mask are a solid piece. Damn! :(

That's my main disappointment with this figure. I wanted to have the option of displaying it like this. I don't mind that they're reusing the old head sculpt since I think the original is still the best general purpose Ledger sculpt they've done. But no removable mask is disappointing.

I'm amazed that they haven't made a Ledger Joker sculpt that looks like Ledger Joker. The nearest they have come to getting it right was the extra laughing sculpt with the 2.0.

You do have the EB Joker, correct?

Who would you say the HS it compares to HT's best effort?

That's my main disappointment with this figure. I wanted to have the option of displaying it like this. I don't mind that they're reusing the old head sculpt since I think the original is still the best general purpose Ledger sculpt they've done. But no removable mask is disappointing.

That's hot toys' way to make V1 owners feel that their figure still has value even after V2 is released . other examples include batman sonar head and DX01s grenade pouch in the coat.

Wait I thought there WAS a watch. That factor alone made this more interesting for me than the figure itself.

Looks like the sleeves hidden in shadows to me.

If it were a watch, I would think they'd put it in the list of specs. Remember, the DX 11 had the shotgun listed, but it wasn't shown in any of the pics until it was on display at the store. I've never seen an instance where they include something in a pic that's not listed as an accessory or weapon.
a8y9aqum.jpg

Back