1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't.

I remember when everyone was going ape**** over the TF 2011 Begins Batman. "Oh no, it's gonna sell out in minutes!" Hell, people even exchanged their sideshow passwords so they could secure one (Skiman did mine while I was at work :lol). What ended up happening? Minutes turned into hours, hours turned into days. **** didn't sell out quick at all.

Same deal with Scarecrow and Demon Bats, there were so many opportunities to snag a set it wasn't even funny. Even Sideshow got a refresh batch late in the game.
Seems like the gun metal Mark IV sold out relatively quickly. As did the Guardian Predator, before HT decided to open up pre-orders on demand I guess. But yeah, that Batman figure definitely seemed like it was produced to meet demand, and that they didn't have a real restriction on edition size.

I remember when their "hyper realistic skin" thing debuted with Harvey Dent. Hot Toys were hyping it up and some collectors thought it was going to be like soft, rubberized skin. :lol

Looking back, I'm still not sure what they meant by that.
More realistic than real life, which it is.

I think they have bested it, with something like the Mandarin, but not by much. That Godfather did use the translucent skin thing though, which makes pics look worse than he appears in hand IMO.

The Godfather figure is perfect and the paint is great, but I'm just saying the paint might be a little better now.

I remember when their "hyper realistic skin" thing debuted with Harvey Dent. Hot Toys were hyping it up and some collectors thought it was going to be like soft, rubberized skin. :lol

Looking back, I'm still not sure what they meant by that.

They clearly meant that it was fully realized and deployed.

That iconic shot has forever been tainted for me.

Spiderman-3.jpg

Why is it tainted? Is it just the knowledge that there's a Spider-Man 3 image in any part of the frame what's annoying to you? I'm sure Gotham City has crappy movies playing in its theaters just like everywhere else.

Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 ?

The Bank Robber sculpt always reminded me of this scene/photo, even the look in eyes with him looking to the right. It might look good on the dx 11 body.

10514548_10152162505432344_3240694535936774587_n.jpg

Hang on! I just found a reason to pick this guy up. I can pose the new Bank Robber Joker with his clown mask on & my old fig with his mask off :panic:
Hot Toys are geniuses really. :exactly:

I think it's funny how they've yet to make a Ledger Joker regular smiling sculpt.

He either looks earnest and brooding, or ****ing hysterical. They did a fantastic job on their Nicholson Joker smiles, why not Ledger? More times or not, he looked amused, not straight faced.

article-2334159-1A16D0A8000005DC-689_634x389.jpg

Nurse.png

heath-ledger-joker-smile-img.jpg

Nolan said no :lol He actually smiles in the bank scene too.

Back