1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting fact - none of the Heath Ledger Joker figures or the Jack Nicholson Jokers have had ball-joint heads. And are the better for it.

There was this picture from way back when. I've been intently looking for it to no avail. It was posted in the original BRJ thread back in the day, around the time the figure had just been released. It was with the bank robber joker sitting on a chair surrounded by guns with what looked like a gatling/mini gun on his lap. I Really wish I could find it. That's the picture that got me into this hobby. And what I plan to recreate with the 2.0. Hopefully at least another person here knows what I'm talking about

Just a question from a Joker noob....if both figures are the same price, would you choose the BRJ 2.0 or the DX11? I seem to hear some people who prefer the original BRJ over the DX11 but what would be the reason? I'm not a hard-core fan so I always associate the Joker with his green/purple outfit...wondering what are the reasons BRJ may be preferred. Thanks!

Just a question from a Joker noob....if both figures are the same price, would you choose the BRJ 2.0 or the DX11? I seem to hear some people who prefer the original BRJ over the DX11 but what would be the reason? I'm not a hard-core fan so I always associate the Joker with his green/purple outfit...wondering what are the reasons BRJ may be preferred. Thanks!

If I dont have or could only afford 1, itd be the iconic purple coat DX 11 (for now, unless HT release a DX21 Ledger Joker). Those who are getting BR already have the DX11. Ive yet to see a collector who only own BR Joker but no DX 11.

Actually this is a far better question than many if not most of the missed topic questions or comments that were posted here in the meantime. :wink1:

Think Hydeous already answered it, from your perspective I think I'd also go for the DX11, it's the most typical outfit for sure. The BR Joker is very very iconic, actually it's the TDK opening scene and many really liked it, specially due to the iconic mask.
Most who get a BR Joker figure already have a DX11 but I think I read of at least one who just got the BR Joker over the DX11 because he liked the look even more.

I sold the BRJ to get the DX11, because the DX 11 had the same makeup style as the BRJ, but even better and with a better head sculpt (imo) and the figure came with more accessories. If you can only get one you should get the one that you like the most, whether that's the DX1, BRJ or DX11, it's up to you. As for why some might like the BRJ more? So people prefer the BRJ sculpt and others like the BRJ costume more.

If I dont have or could only afford 1, itd be the iconic purple coat DX 11 (for now, unless HT release a DX21 Ledger Joker). Those who are getting BR already have the DX11. Ive yet to see a collector who only own BR Joker but no DX 11.

Hands up to be your first collector that got the BRJ and no DX11! haha. And I am quite a completest when it comes to collecting (I admit, I have had every Mark whatever Iron Man HT so far...)

I bought the first Joker for about $120, and the BRJ 1.0 came out with a WAAAAAAY better head sculpt, therefore I bought that also for $120, so that I put the BRJ regular head on the purple suit Joker body, and had the slicked back hair head on the BR body on display.
And they offered DX01, and I was like... REALLY? I have to buy a third Joker? And decided no.
So when they offered DX11, I also passed. And of coz will not buy BRJ 2.0.

regarding the discussion on price hikes, I said it a year ago that by the end of "next year" the price of regular figures will be pushing $300. The only recent figures that are worth the price tag IMO are the 66 Batman and Robin which are low (relatively) priced and comes with TONS of extra stuff. I can kinda justify their Iron Man debuts (I mean the newly sculpted suits, not the recycled part ones) being more because of brand new tooling, but not like a $280 price tag. Especially now they are always recycling parts with other models. All in all, once the price hit $300 per regular figure, I think I will really stop this hobby (yeah, I know, I said that when the price was pushing $250). Consider we used to have Ghost Rider + Bike all light up selling at $300, or the Tron Bike too, and remember DX Luke with 2 full figures, a base, and tones of stuff also at $300, this Joker and all the new stuff is quite hard to swallow regardless of their quality. People argue about inflation on cost and labor, but I can tell you that they did not pay their factories extras in the same proportion as the price increase rate here. It is just that a lot of us are conditioned to buy at this price so they figure pushing for an extra $20 every next wave doesn't hurt.

Just my 2 cents.

They've already chased me out of town. I mean, $120 to close to $300? I can guarantee that HT doesn't spend more than $40 a figure in production cost. Raking in all the dough, relying on people that don't know how to say no.

He operates just (barely) within the realms of being honest.
Leo (I think his name is) has a shady business operation with pre-orders. I was burnt by him a few years back and I know others have been as well. You order something for an inflated price with the understanding that it will be shipped with you when it's released in HK.

But when he gets his stock in, he sells those for even more cash as "in stock" listings. Even if you preordered with him, you are left waiting, his explanation is that HK instore stock is different and if you want it when it's released you have to pay him even more money.

Avoid. Unless he has the item listed as "in stock" and you are happy with the price.

Yeah I have bought from him before and what you said makes total sense. I remember he asked me to leave him feedback even before the product was sent out, since it just arrived and according to him wanted me to leave him feedback to ship it out.

Yup. HT is really pushing it with their retail prices, and its safe to say that Im bout to throw in the towel too.

I don't think the blame is one co.. I suspect HT and SS both enjoy the benefits of butt plunging collectors. Their offering the "in" product so then can and we good sheep continue to buy....:rotfl

In in NY now. When I po'd it says tax: $0.00
And shipping: quote not available.

I get that shipping will come in later when it's time to pay. But does that mean there's no tax for this?

Back