1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After thought and impulse I shamefully ordered it because I missed the original one. :gah:

I hate that I will have to buy a figure stand for it... The one that comes with it is horrible.

Well....I caved and PO'd it. Used some rewards and got it down a bit. I appreciate all the back and forth in here about the hefty price and all, but after checking out ebay and the boards for the first version and seeing that, with the points I had, I could get this down below(or at least around the same) that it's showing up there...I re-asked myself the same question I did when it was first announced....do I really want this bad enough or do I want to pass on it and watch it soar in price like the other did?

I went with "I want it".

I like the character, the actor and this version in particular. Always liked the look....even when the first version was making the rounds. So, for someone who passed on the first version (always gotta make some tough choices with getting these figures...can't get 'em all)...having HT offer this again is a good thing. Yes, paint apps and detailing have inched up in quality in just a few years so I'm expecting this to look pretty good.

Is HT "gouging" us with this? Well, I guess so from a certain point of view...look at this year's exclusive offerings...all three entries are from some of the most popular licenses they they produce figures from...no risks this year like last year's "Angelique" from the fading "Pirates" franchise. And yes, one can make a good argument that the price increases do affect how fast these move...the Capt. America "Rescue" figure is still available at Sideshow...a little steep from most I'd guess,but CA fans still picked it up....I did and it's one of my favorites....awesome figure.

Popular entertainment can be fickle....while HT still has the good fortune (literally and figuratively) to keep churning out "Iron Man" figures that keep selling out quickly, they risk on other licenses that may require special "development" attention that don't fair so well. "Avatar" Jake Sully is a good example of that...license sounded great...biggest movie ever...they took time and extra resources to develop and produce a really well-done figure, beautifully detailed and well-rendered, and it sits in warehouses because interest waned. Same could be said for "Man of Steel"...all three figures are very well done, have been well-received by those who got them (including me), but they haven't caught fire with collectors like the Marvel product does. All three are still easily available...and all three are expensive.

"The Dark Knight" has been another good fit for HT...plenty of figures and more have been released and sold briskly. Having them re-offer a popular character in an "updated" version may smack of money-grubbing to some but for others like myself, it's a great opportunity to "catch up".

I'm looking forward to finally having this character as part of my collection.....

Well....I caved and PO'd it. Used some rewards and got it down a bit. I appreciate all the back and forth in here about the hefty price and all, but after checking out ebay and the boards for the first version and seeing that, with the points I had, I could get this down below(or at least around the same) that it's showing up there...I re-asked myself the same question I did when it was first announced....do I really want this bad enough or do I want to pass on it and watch it soar in price like the other did?

I went with "I want it".

I like the character, the actor and this version in particular. Always liked the look....even when the first version was making the rounds. So, for someone who passed on the first version (always gotta make some tough choices with getting these figures...can't get 'em all)...having HT offer this again is a good thing. Yes, paint apps and detailing have inched up in quality in just a few years so I'm expecting this to look pretty good.

Is HT "gouging" us with this? Well, I guess so from a certain point of view...look at this year's exclusive offerings...all three entries are from some of the most popular licenses they they produce figures from...no risks this year like last year's "Angelique" from the fading "Pirates" franchise. And yes, one can make a good argument that the price increases do affect how fast these move...the Capt. America "Rescue" figure is still available at Sideshow...a little steep from most I'd guess,but CA fans still picked it up....I did and it's one of my favorites....awesome figure.

Popular entertainment can be fickle....while HT still has the good fortune (literally and figuratively) to keep churning out "Iron Man" figures that keep selling out quickly, they risk on other licenses that may require special "development" attention that don't fair so well. "Avatar" Jake Sully is a good example of that...license sounded great...biggest movie ever...they took time and extra resources to develop and produce a really well-done figure, beautifully detailed and well-rendered, and it sits in warehouses because interest waned. Same could be said for "Man of Steel"...all three figures are very well done, have been well-received by those who got them (including me), but they haven't caught fire with collectors like the Marvel product does. All three are still easily available...and all three are expensive.

"The Dark Knight" has been another good fit for HT...plenty of figures and more have been released and sold briskly. Having them re-offer a popular character in an "updated" version may smack of money-grubbing to some but for others like myself, it's a great opportunity to "catch up".

I'm looking forward to finally having this character as part of my collection.....

After reading all that, I just have one thing to say to you and I don't care if you take it the wrong way, mister. The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise is not fading, man!! :lol The last one made over a billion at the box office.

Angelica didn't sell well because, well, she's Angelica. :lol

It'd be like if Hot Toys made Toy Fairs 2014 Rachel Dawes with two portraits (Katie and Maggie), I highly doubt those would sell well. Angelica was just a bad choice, especially when everyone wanted Barbosa.

Angelica didn't sell well because, well, she's Angelica. :lol

It'd be like if Hot Toys made Toy Fairs 2014 Rachel Dawes with two portraits (Katie and Maggie), I highly doubt those would sell well.

Id buy that. And pose it with my Dashing Bruce Wayne in Kato suit, one hand in pocket and the other touching her sweet cheeks while planting a light kiss.

That joint does look terrible but it seems like the majority of people do not find it distasteful

Yeah I've just remembered that you and me are pretty much alone on this. I wonder what's the point of trying to make an incredibly realistic looking figure in every regard and then making it look like his head has been severed and reattached. :lol

I hate it too, it looks so unnatural. It's just not realistic looking.

It's a great Steve Mcqueen likeness, but the neck seam kills the overall look. He doesn't have a muscle body or a figure that warrants a shirtless look, why does he need it?

Always the same when I bring it up. Maybe one other person says they hate it too. 'Bout 15 people say they're fine with it before the topic moves on :lol

Back