1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, almost forgot about this guy. We need a diecast Mark VI next to go with him! I would never buy the other ones since they aren't big enough looking to have Stark inside them.

I wonder if those of us who ordered this from Big In Japan will get it any earlier or not. Supposedly the release is March 31st according to them and I know most times figures release overseas first.

Anyone else get a flexpay schedule change notice for this guy? I just did :(

June and July for the last 2 payments.

So did I...I wish I could get that second payment out of the way and just pay the final payment once it arrives.

I want this figure now :gah:

Given today's prices the way they are shooting up it should be more. Huge die-cast 13" tall figure, diorama base, working electronic whips, +1 head sculpt.
Ridiculously detailed suit with many intricate parts. If you buy it and get it in hand. You will definitely understand.

Had this on PO since it came up. The price was hard to swallow then, but HT's Ultron suddenly made the price for this figure sound reasonable enough considering the things hokie said above.

I don't get why this is 400 dollars

Anytime a figure has limited reuse potential, new tooling, over sized and a dio base it's going to be a fair bit more expensive. Usually any one of those factors could lead to this price. Height is not the only thing to consider, but overall size. Width/girth is just as important. Maybe more so. And, if a sculpt has hard edges or under cuts or in cuts, that's a huge added engineering hassle. When you see places like sideshow, a very experienced and pretty competent manufacturing company, have huge trouble with a torso that will be completly covered..shows how complex and difficult these really are(speaking of the wolverine torso issue).

The price is not cheap, nor easy to swallow. But given the company it's from, the licenses (lumping marvel together) and the going rate this seems to be a pretty good deal in fact.

Back