1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you were going to post reference shots, you could probably do worse than these:
christian_bale_as_batman.jpg

Might be a bit excessively squinty, this one.

Might be a bit excessively squinty, this one.

While I agree with you on it being excessive, I wish HT would one day go the extra mile and come up with a creative method to swap out not only mouth plates, but different eye plates as well. I did the sculpted eyelid mod on one of my 3 DX12 heads, and I can most certainly say that with the way it was designed, it can most definitely be done....all HT need to do is go through with it.

I mean, is it REALLY necessary? Probably not, but it's so simple to do, I see no harm in it.

Ya man, I did! Just awaiting their response on pricing though.... And I was surprised to see they have a sonar cowl for the 1/4 Bats as well! Lights are very subtle, thus not blinding the hell out of someone when in front of. Great for pics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh I never knew they also offered that, you are right that is such a better option having the lights more subtle because the sonar on the 1/4 scale one is too bright like you said.

Strange course. Batman almost always squinting in the film. Even on old sculpt from Hot Toys type Dutch squinting effect is visible. But DX12 has bulging eyes, like a French bulldog.

Strange course. Batman almost always squinting in the film. Even on old sculpt from Hot Toys type Dutch squinting effect is visible.

It's not that strange because they can't create the squint look by using the PERS, most figures where the PERS has not inhibit their likeness are characters with large eyes like Depp and Keaton but at least with Keaton and Depp they got the eye shape correct and thus they still look human. The closest thing they have come to with PERS with a a slight squint look is the DX13 but those eyes are not as squinty as Bales. There are people that do squint mods but these are not sufficient to get rid of the size of eyes problem because they don't address the size of the eyes overall since the irises on the DX12 cowl are also still too big.

But DX12 has bulging eyes, like a French bulldog.

Yeah that is a bit weird because the eyes on the other PERS figures eyes still look human. That being said you can get rid of that bulging eye look if the head is tilted down with eyes looking up to make the irises look smaller.

Last edited:
It's not that strange because they can't create the squint look by using the PERS, most figures where the PERS has not inhibit their likeness are characters with large eyes like Depp and Keaton but at least with Keaton and Depp they got the eye shape correct and thus they still look human. The closest thing they have come to with PERS with a a slight squint look is the DX13 but those eyes are not as squinty as Bales. There are people that do squint mods but these are not sufficient to get rid of the size of eyes problem because they don't address the size of the eyes overall since the irises on the DX12 cowl are also still too big.

Yeah that is a bit weird because the eyes on the other PERS figures eyes still look human. That being said you can get rid of that bulging eye look if the head is tilted down with eyes looking up to make the irises look smaller.

https://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/mcfarlaneca/Screenshot2013-05-03at111603AM_zpsc2162da8.png[/][/URL][/QUOTE]

Repainting the pink around the eyes also goes a long way to improving the look.

Repainting the pink around the eyes also goes a long way to improving the look.

Oh I bet it does improve the look but I think the key is to make the eyes and irises appear as small as possible. So probably a combination of both painting the eyelids black and heaving the head tilted down is the maximum way to reduce the bug eyed look. ;)

Oh I never knew they also offered that, you are right that is such a better option having the lights more subtle because the sonar on the 1/4 scale one is too bright like you said.

They even have a video on FB showing the difference. Very, very noticeable. You should check it out.

I'm still waiting on those guys to say anything about pricing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They even have a video on FB showing the difference. Very, very noticeable. You should check it out.

I'm still waiting on those guys to say anything about pricing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh cool just checked out then, what a difference. Sucks they still haven't given you a price yet, I wonder what is taking them so long.

Couldn't resist any longer and put my PO in for The Armory with Batman today. BB and Dk are very high on my list of favorite movies and all I have in my collection to show for it is the DC Direct TDKR Icon statue. It's nice for the $90.00 that I paid for it, but Batman deserves to be represented in my collection with something of a bit more quality, and this set is perfect. I regretted not picking up any of the earlier Hot Toys Nolan Batman figures and I'm not missing out again. This is also going to be my first Hot Toys figure so I'm really looking forward to it.

Couldn't resist any longer and put my PO in for The Armory with Batman today. BB and Dk are very high on my list of favorite movies and all I have in my collection to show for it is the DC Direct TDKR Icon statue. It's nice for the $90.00 that I paid for it, but Batman deserves to be represented in my collection with something of a bit more quality, and this set is perfect. I regretted not picking up any of the earlier Hot Toys Nolan Batman figures and I'm not missing out again. This is also going to be my first Hot Toys figure so I'm really looking forward to it.

And the roll begins... When you hold your first figure in hand, usually you hold 20 more ;)

I'm dying to preorder it myself. Just waiting for the proverbial stars to align! Welcome to the addiction!

you won't regret it bro. welcome to the addiction.

There was an interview ages ago with Howard chan where he vaguely mentioned about doing another DX Ledger Joker, for some reason though lately people seem to have picked up on the news and started on about it again as if it's coming out any day now. Basically nobody knows anything and it was just mentioned in an interview that they wanted to do another.

He never mentioned Ledger. Just another DX Joker.

also, bruce still looks like dx12, wich is fine by me...!

It shouldn't be the same - but maybe they used one as a placeholder?

Here's the product info from the Sideshow product page:

The Bruce Wayne sixth scale figure, featuring a newly designed, screen accurate portrait of Christian Bale as Master Wayne

Last edited:
Back