1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you were going to post reference shots, you could probably do worse than these:
christian_bale_as_batman.jpg

CHRISTIAN-BALE-stars-as-Bruce-Wayne-in-Warner-Bros.-Pictures-and-Legendary-Pictures-action-drama-The-Dark-Knight-distributed-by-Warner-Bros.-Pictures-and-also-starring-Michael-Caine-Heath-Ledger-Gary-Oldman-Aaron-Eckhart-12-960x640.jpg

movies_dark_knight_christian_bale_heath_ledger.jpg

TDKR had some better shots of Batman, I thought:
Christian-Bale-in-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-2012-Movie-Image-21.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fd007c34970d-600wi

the-dark-knight-rises-christian-bale-batman-image1.jpg

I think they probably could've avoided some of the (few) criticisms of the 1/4th Scale TDKR Batman, had they paid closer attention to angles like this:
tom-hardy-christian-bale-the-dark-knight-rises1.jpg

Someone should shop the faceplates onto one of these pics, if you're going to post on Facebook.:lol :lecture

:exactly:

Loved the armor on the DX12. I can't decide what to do, I want like 5-6 Batmans, haha. I have one DX12 on the Batpod, I'm playing around with my DX02 now, finally took the cape off it and tried the backpack on with sonar, looks nice.... Might keep that look or try to slap on DX12 Bruce head on there w/ EX cowl for HK extraction scene to see how that looks. I have a spare DX12 that I don't know what to do with yet, he was supposed to be the HK one but I decided to try it on the DX02. Armory pre-ordered will probably stay in there. And I want to have a Batman grabbing the Joker in the interrogation scene and one fighting Bane. Ahhhh, so many!!!

That is one of the main reasons I want this set, the extra Batman. I could care less if they fix the cowl or the eyes, I'm fine with them as is. The only problem I have is figuring out what suit/body I'm going to display inside the armory.

Same here! I want this but... I'm not sure if I want Alfred with the Armory or just the Armory :panic:

Loved the armor on the DX12. I can't decide what to do, I want like 5-6 Batmans, haha. I have one DX12 on the Batpod, I'm playing around with my DX02 now, finally took the cape off it and tried the backpack on with sonar, looks nice.... Might keep that look or try to slap on DX12 Bruce head on there w/ EX cowl for HK extraction scene to see how that looks. I have a spare DX12 that I don't know what to do with yet, he was supposed to be the HK one but I decided to try it on the DX02. Armory pre-ordered will probably stay in there. And I want to have a Batman grabbing the Joker in the interrogation scene and one fighting Bane. Ahhhh, so many!!!

:rotfl

the amout of poses you can do with that figure is astronomical :lol I'm gald I got Selina, Bane and Joker 2.0 its crazy... you can come up with a new pose every day

:exactly: :yess: I might end up getting the armory and batsuit along with the 3-piece-set and try to sell the armory for $200 or so just to get an extra Batman, haha. If there's any mention of them doing a DX 3.0 Batman like they are with the Joker, I might hold off and just wait for that one.

Dang dude lol, I'm a huge batman fan, and even I think that's a bit overkill.

......I ordered two full sets, which will bring my batman (dx12) count to 4....:wink1:

I might get the armory stand alone, at worst I'd get Alfred. I mostly want Batman though. Anyone see any differences between this and the DX12?

I might get the armory stand alone, at worst I'd get Alfred. I mostly want Batman though. Anyone see any differences between this and the DX12?

No difference yet other than different mouth plates. Only change that is needed is squinty eyes. Everything else is pretty good.

Only change that is needed is squinty eyes.

Totally unneeded and totally unwanted by this guy. Batman doesn't have squinty eyes unless he's squinting them, which to me is a very specific feature, like a particular facial expression.

That's awesome, I thought that the suit in the armory becomes the Batman figure. I didn't know it's separate.

It does become the Batman figure.

It's "separate" in the sense that it's a full body. It's not "separate" in the sense that the set comes with TWO Batman figures. The set comes with a single Batman body, one Batman head and one empty cowl. In most images the body is shown INSIDE the armory as "the suit" with the empty cowl.

It does become the Batman figure.

It's "separate" in the sense that it's a full body. It's not "separate" in the sense that the set comes with TWO Batman figures. The set comes with a single Batman body, one Batman head and one empty cowl. In most images the body is shown INSIDE the armory as "the suit" with the empty cowl.

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. Either way, still a really cool set especially for someone like me who doesn't have a DX12 anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally unneeded and totally unwanted by this guy. Batman doesn't have squinty eyes unless he's squinting them, which to me is a very specific feature, like a particular facial expression.

You can always use the dx12 one. Some would want squinty eyes because throughout all 3 movies, he squints and compare the eyes on your BW head with the Bat cowl on your DX12 set. You'll see why some comment that the cowled head's eyes are too wide.

I think they used DX09's sculpt to cut down the production cost.

You can always use the dx12 one. Some would want squinty eyes because throughout all 3 movies, he squints and compare the eyes on your BW head with the Bat cowl on your DX12 set. You'll see why some comment that the cowled head's eyes are too wide.

I think they used DX09's sculpt to cut down the production cost.

It's not they are just too wide they look unnatural they are very circular eyes like a bug has. Don't think I have ever seen a human with eyes like the eyes on the DX12 cowl. I don't get how they can mess Bale's eyes up when they are nailed the eyes for the Keaton Batman both in shape and size. Every release so far they screw up the shape and size of his eyes, it's like they are doing it on purposes so the next one they release will be perfect. :dunno

Anyway I am only buying this for the Amory so the Bat suit can be displayed in it, thus, I don't care what the cowl sculpt looks like.

Last edited:
I think people forget that he never had the backpack on with sonar eyes.

Hahaha, I didn't forget. He doesn't develop the sonar until the end of the movie. He technically finds out about the sonar capability from Fox just before he jumps that night in HK. I just see a lot of people put it on for some reason, so I tried it out to see how it looks. I wish I could turn his head around better with the Bruce Wayne head but with that collar, it's kinda tight, plus the angles don't look right. DX02 cowl is too big and neck too long, sadly, otherwise it could've looked so much better. Still wishing they shrunk down the QS001 sonar head but I can see how it would be difficult to put a light inside such small head space.

Funny thing is there's a custom sonar cowl available, looks pretty good and they managed to have the light inside the head and have a lite switch inside the cowl to turn it on and off. A few people here had it and it looked pretty good.

Back