1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'll have to see if I can find someone to print them out for me. I'm going to display it in a detolf so, that's the size I would need. Do you happen to know the size you need the poster to be to fit in a detolf?

Thanks Cap - yeah the Alfred is very cool sculpt. I think Alfred was my favorite character, he brought heart to the films - along with Morgan Freeman.

CC - I captured some footage from the blu-ray and used it as a base image to make the image in the poster. It took quite awhile, but I'm happy with it. I have done a Detolf sized one of the bunker as well, but not a larger size like you're looking for. I do graphics for a living and do custom backgrounds, so I have a guy that does my printing for all that, you'd probably do best to find a local guy and not one of the big chain stores as they are pretty restricted as to what they can and can't print. But if you have a friend that works at one, that could make all the difference too.

YankeesFanboy - hehe, yeah I like to set up intriguing situations... after I took the pic and looked at it though, for some reason I looked at Wayne and all I could think was "Welcome... to Jurassic... Bat-park." Don't ask me why, something about the cane maybe.

Yeah, I loved both of those characters, and as you say they brought heart and a moral centre to the movies. But to me Alfred was more interesting and iconic because of the hints about his SAS background and that wonderful speech he had about the bandit - Lucius never had anything quite like that.

For sure. If I didn't have the QS001 I'd totally jump on this set, as I think it's just as definitive of the Nolan Trilogy if you ask me. And the Batman figure turned out great, what a difference the reworked eyes make. Although I still believe the 1/4 is the superior figure, it might be a little unfair to compare them. But at these prices, we should, lol.

No worries, I really hear you. Prices are RIDICULOUS. Do what I do now, don't pay retail and wait for deals (this board, ebay, FB, hell, SSC!)

Yeah bro. At the $230 price range I'm already waiting for sales. lol... And I just checked, the new Wolverine is actually $250 and not even $240, which is already too expensive. But at $250 for a normal figure like wolverine I find it's getting dumb and insulting. It's like we're being taken for fools and they're looking at us collectors as mindless sheeps. If HT is trying to set their new pricing through sideshow at $250 for a normal figure I"m literally out of this hobby out of principle. Hopefully hoping other fellow collectors feel the same and the new wolverine doesn't sell well just to get a point across to hot toys and sideshow.

I am looking forward to my armory set, but right now I'm trying to search for an extra stand somewhere for the batman cause this $600 set decided not to include a stand, which probably cost them less than $1 to make. lol

Thanks for hearing me out though Franpincho. =)

CC - I must have misunderstood, I have the bunker in Detolf - and its currently on sale - click my sig link to have a look if you like. You'd probably pay about as much to have someone print it for you, and you'd have the work to do on top of it. This way it's neat and easy! :wink1:
Fantastic. I will take a look. Thank you!

So, I noticed two things when I unpacked the figure. 1. The belt really needs to be handled with care. I'm actually not sure how it comes off. I ended up just cutting the plastic around it off instead of forcing the clip on the belt. 2. This is no way a big deal, but the Inside of my batman sculpt has some orange paint on the inside. No really sure what it is, but the only thing I can think of is its paint residue from the face plate.

No problem CC, glad to help.

I had the same problem with the belt - is my first Batman and I was afraid of breaking the belt. It has tabs on the back, it finally came off as I was looking in the back and saw where it comes apart... this image isn't the same belt, but it looks like it works the same way:

https://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af295/myonline1001/BM Batsuit/IMG_8663-horz.jpg

I thought at first I broke mine, but its just how it comes off... and now it doesn't like to stay on too well, but I guess that's a common problem... and also it comes with two other belts - think they're all the same, so if one doesn't want to stay on you can swap it for one of the others.

Cheers,
Ken

Thanks for the info. From the manual it looked like the clasp was on the side of the belt. I'm happy I didn't force it.

With this finally seeing wide release, HT now can focus on its next Armory.

nolanarmory.jpg

I just saw someone one this board picked up their Armory set from Cornerstorecomics. Was just curious if anyone else have gotten a shipping confirmation from CSC on their order? Still waiting for my confirmation.

I was considering getting the Armory with the Batman figure and selling the Armory separately. What do you guys think the Armory would be worth?

I have an armory for sale if anyone is interested. I went down that route just to get the batman figure. Comes with all the weapons and everything. Let me know if anyone is interested

Back