1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, dead corpse looking faces with blank stares is Hot Toys' MO.

Ironically, the "liveliest" and most alive looking portrait they've done is this guy,

View attachment 138205
View attachment 138204
View attachment 138206
View attachment 138207
View attachment 138203

They managed to evoke sadness, stoicism and a sense of realism all in one. The scary thing are the eyes and expression, it looks like he could have a soul. I'd say it's their best sculpt since Ben Kingsley Mandarin. In fact, the portrait looks more real than in the film,

View attachment 138210

It's amazing, I hope he comes with a table or something furniturey.

I agree, the armory looks incredible. I really need to see video of Alfred though. I'm hoping he looks better in motion.

I know a lot of people hate PERS but to me when it works it looks much more lifelike than the painted eyes. The character that you see in the Weller Robocop sculpt I see in the armory Batman and the Jack Sparrow DX. I'm starting to wonder if its only particular kinds of character that work for Hot Toys - characters where the face is wholly or partially obscured in some way (Joker, Batman) or who are particularly stylised visually like Sparrow.

Don't forget 66 Batman. It'd like having a little miniature Adam West.

Don't forget 66 Batman. It'd like having a little miniature Adam West.

Totally agree! I don't have any interest in the character unfortunately, but I'm always looking at it in the display when I visit my local comics shop! It's a great figure.

If you want/need an Alfred in your collection, this is the way to go. I'm sure there are customs out there, but I doubt they look as good as this.

It's not that I really really want him but the whole set looks great and even my wife said I should go all in if I'm getting the armory.

It's not that I really really want him but the whole set looks great and even my wife said I should go all in if I'm getting the armory.

Definitely - you won't regret it, but if you ever do you can always unload Alfred, there'll always be less of him than there is of the armoury and batman.

Back