1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gents :hi5:

Liking this set a lot.

It's the dog's bollocks, isn't it? I hope we get more sets like it. For those who want everything it's great, for those who just want maybe the Batman or the Alfred there's lots of stuff to sell off to subsidise what you do want. But I'm definitely keeping one whole set, I just love seeing that massive brown mailer and knowing I own it.

It's the dog's bollocks, isn't it? I hope we get more sets like it. For those who want everything it's great, for those who just want maybe the Batman or the Alfred there's lots of stuff to sell off to subsidise what you do want. But I'm definitely keeping one whole set, I just love seeing that massive brown mailer and knowing I own it.

The dog's testicles?

WTF

It's the dog's bollocks

The dog's testicles?

WTF

Urban Dictionary: Dog's Bollocks

adogsbollocks.jpg

:wink1:

I don't know whether to keep my order or cancel, or even just change to Batman and the Armory. I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed by the in hand pictures of Alfred and Bruce :(

I think this 'dead' look to Alfred that people are seeing is all in how the light the reflects in the eyes. The Alfred sculpt is more impressive to me than anything else I've seen from HT lately, and Bruce looks great in profile.

This "dead" look is present on a lot of Hot Toys figures. Maybe even half. It's often their sculpts appear like painted corpses, maybe someone used to have a career in a mortuary prior to joining HT. Alfred isn't the coldest looking of the bunch, IMO.

Yeah, dead corpse looking faces with blank stares is Hot Toys' MO.

Ironically, the "liveliest" and most alive looking portrait they've done is this guy,

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

They managed to evoke sadness, stoicism and a sense of realism all in one. The scary thing are the eyes and expression, it looks like he could have a soul. I'd say it's their best sculpt since Ben Kingsley Mandarin. In fact, the portrait looks more real than in the film,

image.jpg

Wow, i thought that was an actual screen cap from the movie. I really hope this turns out just as good for the final version.

Yeah, dead corpse looking faces with blank stares is Hot Toys' MO.

I know a lot of people hate PERS but to me when it works it looks much more lifelike than the painted eyes. The character that you see in the Weller Robocop sculpt I see in the armory Batman and the Jack Sparrow DX. I'm starting to wonder if its only particular kinds of character that work for Hot Toys - characters where the face is wholly or partially obscured in some way (Joker, Batman) or who are particularly stylised visually like Sparrow.

Back