1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I just don't have the time to read all the posts, but is the cowl changed or is it the same as the DX12?

I always wanted to achieve this pose with my DX02, but the damn neck was longer than pictured here in this prototype photo. I don't understand why they elongated it....

HT-DX02-Batman-19.jpg
DX02_TDK_Batman_08__scaled_600.jpg

Yeah, the headsculpt and neck pieces on that prototype were excellent. It's a shame the final production version didn't live up to it.

I know those spec pics above with the sonar head were one of my favorites of the bunch. Now? I don't even use the Sonar head because of that neck.

^^^ Agreed. Their final product almost never matches their prototype photos of their Batmans. I wonder why... :(

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I just don't have the time to read all the posts, but is the cowl changed or is it the same as the DX12?

The proto thats being shown right now still uses the old DX12 cowl. But I think they'll release a more accurate version like the 1/4 ones. But who knows, its HT. They can always use the old DX one and the set will still sell no doubt, so that they can continue remaking and milking the line. :lol

Do you guys reckon this would make for a good purchase or not? $420 is quite steep for an alfred and bat armory. Another $70 gets you a bruce wayne figure which boasts an uglier version of dx12 BW HS (IMHO). Really don't know whether I should get which one. More interested in Alfred than anything else...

Seems like the 3 pack is sold out pretty much. I got my pre order at Action Figure Xpress for 579. No longer available only the other optional sets are up. Then I got an email from a place I ordered from before. Special price 554 until the 10th. Almost thinking of canceling from Shopafx then order the 554. But depending on where it's shipped the place with 554 can end up being more.

Do you guys reckon this would make for a good purchase or not? $420 is quite steep for an alfred and bat armory. Another $70 gets you a bruce wayne figure which boasts an uglier version of dx12 BW HS (IMHO). Really don't know whether I should get which one. More interested in Alfred than anything else...

Well it's not just the armory. You also get what is essentially another Batman figure with 2 heads and a few face plates. Not to mention all the weapons and accessories.
Also I wouldn't go by the Bruce Wayne prototype pictures. Final product could be better.

A batman figure that is exactly the same as the one we've already got with a additional mouthplate and an empty cowl. Personally I don't like having two of what is basically the same figure. But on the other hand, if I were to not get this one and pick an Alfred off from eBay, the price would be ridiculously high. I reckon I ought to get this, but again, the price is way too high plus the fact that I have to pay 125% higher price due to the recent currency trend and inflation is making my dizzy.

A batman figure that is exactly the same as the one we've already got with a additional mouthplate and an empty cowl.

:slap - I need to paste that image 1000 times.

If you read back in the thread you'll find many people don't own a DX12 at all. Then there are all the folks who want a full batman figure AND a suit in the armory - exactly how would a suit inside the armory hold itself together without a body in it?

The Bruce Wayne head in the new set looks better than the original. On close inspection I'm sure it will be easy to spot the improvements specifically - like the ears.

An additional mouth plate? Try 4 completely new mouth pieces.

When you divide the price by what's included in the set, this is the biggest bang for your buck Hot Toys has released in a long long time. Most people understand this, which is why a $600 set has sold out pretty much everywhere less than a week after going up for pre-order. I have DX12 and I jumped on this full set in a heartbeat.

If you read back in the thread you'll find many people don't own a DX12 at all. Then there are all the folks who want a full batman figure AND a suit in the armory - exactly how would a suit inside the armory hold itself together without a body in it?

The Bruce Wayne head in the new set looks better than the original. On close inspection I'm sure it will be easy to spot the improvements specifically - like the ears.

When you divide the price by what's included in the set, this is the biggest bang for your buck Hot Toys has released in a long long time. Most people understand this, which is why a $600 set has sold out pretty much everywhere less than a week after going up for pre-order. I have DX12 and I jumped on this full set in a heartbeat.

:exactly: I have the dx12 and have also ordered the full set, with no intention of selling my dx12. I'll use the upgraded faceplates and belt/accessories on my dx12 and have the other suit in the armoury. Then basically Alfred and Bruce Wayne are less than £100 each for me. As you said, that's the best value for money hot toys have done in a long time, if ever I'd imagine.

And if you read my post carefully, I wrote "we", not "I", referring of course to those who have already got DX12 in their collection. It's a question thrown only to those who sympathise with my current situation. You, my friend, obviously do not.

Regarding the BW head, I tend to agree with some posters here, the head is the same sculpt with "improved" paint job. Creating a new mould is more expensive than giving a new paint job to the already existing sculpt and throwing in a few mouth pieces (thanks for the info, btw).

And I'm sure many disagree with that assessment. People living in third world countries, i.e. ME, are devastated by the recession and that is why I wrote what I wrote in my earlier post. Sure I have more than enough money put aside for this hobby, but not all are as fortunate, my friend. A hobby like this is quite obsessive, we all know this. So please calm down a bit.

Ah, i see what you mean.

I find that a tad annoying, buti tend to display most of my figures in a static museum pose, so it doesnt reallly bother me. But then again on a second thought, had they provided the perfect gun holding hands, id pose em with it, just like the ones that came with the quarter scale bats.

Yeah, I remember seeing the quarter scale and being jealous of the fact that it actually had hands designed to hold the weapons, as oppose to the dx12. You look at a release like the dx11 and all the extra hands it came with, newly made to hold the specific accessories and then you see the dx12 and it just has the same recycled hands as every previous release. It was a pretty minimal release for a dx I think. They could have put a lot more effort into that.

I always wanted to achieve this pose with my DX02, but the damn neck was longer than pictured here in this prototype photo. I don't understand why they elongated it....

HT-DX02-Batman-19.jpg
DX02_TDK_Batman_08__scaled_600.jpg

I love that angry mouth too, looks much better than their later attempts at an angry faceplate. Every time I see the interrogation scene in The Dark Knight it reminds me of that faceplate. Haha. They really nailed Bale's angry scowl there.

A batman figure that is exactly the same as the one we've already got with a additional mouthplate and an empty cowl. Personally I don't like having two of what is basically the same figure. But on the other hand, if I were to not get this one and pick an Alfred off from eBay, the price would be ridiculously high. I reckon I ought to get this, but again, the price is way too high plus the fact that I have to pay 125% higher price due to the recent currency trend and inflation is making my dizzy.

If push comes to shove, order the full set, and if you decide you dont want to keep the whole set, sell off what you dont want...That way you get Alfred, plus alittle of your money back

I don't know; if the price were right I'm sure someone would want it, but I'm like most others I'd just like to have Alfred.

Not sure if this has ben answered before, but why does AmiAmi and HLJ not get the Bruce Wayne super set for pre-order?

If push comes to shove, order the full set, and if you decide you dont want to keep the whole set, sell off what you dont want...That way you get Alfred, plus alittle of your money back

I just PO'd the whole set. Sold my spare DX12 for a meagre $325 and will wait for more info on this version's bat costume before selling off my customised DX12, which is hard for me to part with since I've spent so much effort to make it look good. I agree with you, if I don't like the BW all that much then I can sell it. The armoury to be honest depends on how good the build is, if it's sturdy then I think it's a keeper. If it's anywhere near the quality of the Iron Man Hall of Armor then I'll sell it.

Is this set going to come in three different packages similar to the scarecrow and batman set? That's kinda what I'm thinking, which means it'll be easy to offload a piece it one wishes. For the price of the Bruce Wayne and the fact that it'll be the hardest to come by. I'd say the full set is the way to go.

Back