1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,
I just purchased a Light Armor Thor off a member on here the other day. He just came in the mail today. I was surprised that the peg holes in the wrists are metal... Is this standard for thse figures?

I have a hard time believing this is right... it looks horrible and fuctions worse! Check out the pictures. Is anyone else's Thor like this? (I have the regular version and his wrists are not like this.)

2015-05-08 007.JPG

2015-05-08 004.JPG

I don't have this version but it looks like the peg is not in all the way. After its in place try covering the wrist peg with the gauntlet by sliding it down and over the joint.

I don't have this version but it looks like the peg is not in all the way. After its in place try covering the wrist peg with the gauntlet by sliding it down and over the joint.

I did... I pushed the peg as far as it would go. Its just extremely loose and doesnt hold the peg. :(

General Hawk 7's seller here. I've had two of these bodies in hand (stock body which had rubber issues and the replacement body SideShow sent me which is the one in that photo) and both had metal underneath the rubber arms. Here are a few pictures I took of the original stock body I had to "destroy" in order to get my replacement body.

Image1.jpg
unnamed.jpg

I wasn't saying it was shady or anything my friend. I also have two bodies(my la thor figure and a loose body for a custom DOFP wolverine) and neither have the protruding metal sub structure. It's possible one batch cooled and shrunk more (the rubber). Just saying mine done have it. I can take pics if u want. I don't think its a big deal personally and I wouldn't care but that's me.

I wasn't saying it was shady or anything my friend. I also have two bodies(my la thor figure and a loose body for a custom DOFP wolverine) and neither have the protruding metal sub structure. It's possible one batch cooled and shrunk more (the rubber). Just saying mine done have it. I can take pics if u want. I don't think its a big deal personally and I wouldn't care but that's me.

Oh, I just posted them because General Hawk wanted to know if it was standard. :wink1:

I think the metal at the wrist is standard for the rubber bodies. My brother has the hot toys Abigale Whistler figure and the rubber arms on her have metal at on the inside of the wrists.

Okay, so it's established that the metal ports are standard. Thanks. The next question is... what do I do about this???
Even pushed in all the way, its still so loose the hammer won't stay upright. :slap

2015-05-08 007.JPG

So I got my LA Thor the other day, but comparing him with regular Thor...Regular Thor's shoulders are broader, and his arms a bit beefier. And Thor should be big! IMO. (I realize it's still very screen accurate though.) For me, I'd just like to give him a little more of the comic feel.

Does anyone know of a good buff body I could use that would look right as a replacement body for LA Thor? I was just thinking I'd see if there are any good possibilites.

Thanks

gQDs0fh.jpg

7ejn5bF.jpg

tUp7t7M.jpg

tempted to pick up this figure, but kinda worried about the rubber arm cracking at the elbow if posed the arm at an angle.
how is everyone's holding so far? rubber quality still bad?

Back