1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is still in the exact same position in my detolf as he was the day I posed him out of the box. Still no issues with his arms/skin.

I think the ones who have the problems are the ones who pose him like crazy. I pick one pose and leave him there. When I do pose him I don't bend the arms like all the way. If I do I don't do it repeatedly. These aren't G.I. Joe/Toys R us figures.
Mine had missing paint and skin peeling off right out of the box

Mine is in excellent condition, still posed in the first pose I made on shelf. Once I find the perfect pose for me I leave it alone.

Mine is in excellent condition, still posed in the first pose I made on shelf. Once I find the perfect pose for me I leave it alone.
Same here. Some people don't like museum poses but I do. In my mind these are more statues than figures, if that makes sense. I do what I can to keep them in perfect condition.

Hi guys
I'm thinking about picking this guy up - my only doubt is paying the bit extra money for the sleeveless figure and typically hot toys to release thor from the age of ultron sleeveless. What do you think

Thanks

@gazzinho if you are going to get it, now would be the time if you want this piece. It's a wonderful figure and going up in value. Some have had issues with the rubber arms. Mine has been perfect but i don't pose it every day. There's no guarantee that Thor will be made sleevless from the AOU movie.

Thanks for the reply :)

Just with the age of ultron from what Ive seen, behind the scene photos, the poster and the trailer he seems to be wearing the sleeveless armor. I think he has the armor on one clip when he grabs stark by the throat. I'm so conflicted haha. It'll be typical if I get it - they'll release a similar version, better sculpt etc and It would be cheaper!

Thanks for the reply :)

Just with the age of ultron from what Ive seen, behind the scene photos, the poster and the trailer he seems to be wearing the sleeveless armor. I think he has the armor on one clip when he grabs stark by the throat. I'm so conflicted haha. It'll be typical if I get it - they'll release a similar version, better sculpt etc and It would be cheaper!

Hot Toys retail prices are only going up. And this has been their only sleeveless Thor so far, and it took them three movies to make him.

I think HT is going sleeveless with AoU Thor since the sleeveless arms are made already.

The sleeveless arms were made a long time ago, they've used them on multiple characters before Thor so I don't think that's a deciding factor.

Didn't know that. I still think they're going sleeveless this time around though. Just a hunch.

I've just been looking at the thor costume in AOU without the sleeves - I think it's the exact same costume as the dark world........

I've just been looking at the thor costume in AOU without the sleeves - I think it's the exact same costume as the dark world........

It is, with different metal accents, but he had sleeveless scenes in both Thor and Avengers and neither of those looks were made, so if you like the suit he's in, and want a sleeveless Thor, better to hedge your bet now than wait a year and pay the higher prices if Hot Toys doesn't make another one.

Unrelated Question: Is there any indication that Hot Toys will ever unveil an Kurse or Malekith figure? Despite how little screen time they got in the film, they both had some of the most badass designs in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially Kurse.

You make a good point.
Will the sleeveless thor hold its value if the APU thor figure is sleeveless? I'd hate to already overpay and to end up losing money (if I were ever to upgrade the figure in the future)

You make a good point.
Will the sleeveless thor hold its value if the APU thor figure is sleeveless? I'd hate to already overpay and to end up losing money (if I were ever to upgrade the figure in the future)

Well collecting Hot Toys with the the hope of reselling is getting more and more pointless unless they are exclusives. The market is so saturated and figures are getting remade that you're probably only ever going to break even on future releases. However sleeveless Thor was an exclusive, and he sold out fairly quickly, so it was a popular figure because he's the first only (so far) sleeveless Thor. If a future version gets made, sure you'll probably see some decline in the value of this figure but you need to be buying it because you want a badass Thor, not because you're hoping to flip it in 2 years.

Yeah, I'd never buy a HT SOLELY based on whether or not I could make a profit. IF that's your game, then collecting HotToys may not be a good idea. Gazzinho, if you really like the figure, then I'd say buy it now. If it's worth the money to you, then it doesn't matter what the return price is. I don't know if HT will do another sleeveless Thor in the future. But we'll see.

Yeah, I'd never buy a HT SOLELY based on whether or not I could make a profit. IF that's your game, then collecting HotToys may not be a good idea. Gazzinho, if you really like the figure, then I'd say buy it now. If it's worth the money to you, then it doesn't matter what the return price is. I don't know if HT will do another sleeveless Thor in the future. But we'll see.

:goodpost: HT is best enjoyed if you collect without thinking that you can sell them for profit. Buy 'em coz you like 'em. I had both LAA and Armored TDW Thor. I sold LAA right away. The profit-oriented would tell me I'm stupid for doing so, but I happened to like the armored version more and I'd say I care not if LAA shoots up much higher in price and/or the armored drops into bargain.

You make a good point.

Given that HT is overpricing and possibly overproducing figures these days, it's quite likely that many figures won't hold their value. So if you do decide to resell and upgrade, odds are that you will lose some money in the deal. Not to put a price tag on your enjoyment, but if owning a figure for a couple years is worth a $50 hit in resale value, then isn't that worth buying?

Another option is to wait to pick it up until next year when AoU figure announcements are made. If it's a sleeveless Thor, you'll find many a collector looking to unload the TDW version at lower prices. Of course, if it's armored, then the opposite will hold true... But it goes back to everyone else's point- only buy it if you really want the figure and can accept the price for it. I almost picked this up a few times from Sideshow, but I just wasn't a big enough Thor fan to justify the price for it (even though I really like the gold accents on the TDW design).

Back