1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was your 1st mistake :wink1:

:lol Yep.

That only half works for me. But favorite characters always break my will power. I've tried to stick to one version per character but when it comes to the MCU.....I just can't quite manage it.

I am choosing this Thor over AOU Thor. I like the sculpt better and I'm getting TDW Loki too so that also sways me.

I'm committed to only ever having 1 figure per character on my shelves.

I can make that work... :dance ... although i do have a second Iron Man ordered, and went close to pulling the trigger on the Mk42 and 45 a couple of times... and I will likely pick up any other Arnie Terminator releases if the likenesses are good...

Buy what you like whether it be 50 Ledger Jokers or 500 Iron Men.

I must say, there are photos of a display in the Terminator threads, where someone has two copies of MMS238 displayed in a Terminator display, and two copies of DX13 in a T2 display... each figure having an alternate Battle Damage pose, and they do look really good... total dedication to Terminator!, but looking good..

I can dig on most characters having one incarnation in my collection. Except SPIDERMAN and Star Wars. Gotta have multiple web heads. Either black spidey with red and blue spidey or Tobey spidey and Garfield spidey. Gotta catch Em all. As far as Star Wars goes there are so many great outfits the characters wore it's hard to choose just one. Han and Luke particularly in HOTH, Bespin, tatooine, endor, Stormtrooper. The list keeps going and so does my collection.

TDW's open-mouthed headsculpt works for me :wink1:
Sharing some concepts of my own.

Thor: The Tesseract is showing us so much. It's more than just knowledge.
10443441_672521412847971_7605748519232361494_n.jpg

Widow: Really?
Captain America: What did it show you?
10402001_672521409514638_3346735913673451320_n.jpg

Thor: Our next targets.
11659356_672521432847969_2247207754274615642_n.jpg

Has anyone touched up the round gold pieces before? My Thor took a nose dive and it scratched one of those pieces. I can either leave it as battle damage or touch it up, but idk what type of gold to go for where it'll blend well.

Has anyone touched up the round gold pieces before? My Thor took a nose dive and it scratched one of those pieces. I can either leave it as battle damage or touch it up, but idk what type of gold to go for where it'll blend well.

something you could try on a spare part or something... i used a similar technique for the gold on my dredd shoulders...

a gold sharpie and some testors paint thinner.
i took the sharpie and "painted" the area lightly. then used a small paint brush and wetted it w/ paint thinner and blended it all around. gave a really good weathered look to the gold. subtle and not too bright.

if you have a paint tray, i would try getting a sharpie and scribble a big patch in the tray... then use a paint brush and create a light wash with the thinner. then test it on a piece and see how the coverage looks. adjust the level till you get it where you want it then lightly touch the area that scuffed. i bet it would come out good.

Back