1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be a little awkward, but first quick 360 shots for feedback on the pose :wink1:

slightly lower bend on the knee/legs as far down as I can go, thoughts compared to a taller stance?

Might be a little awkward, but first quick 360 shots for feedback on the pose :wink1:

slightly lower bend on the knee/legs as far down as I can go, thoughts compared to a taller stance?

Great poses all around! Of the two, I prefer the one in the top images, with the less bend in the knees.

However, I agree with LexiKon. I never dared to bend the arms that much on mine. The only thing I would be wary of with those poses is the weight of the hammer at that height could possibly over time put stress on the joints and the chainmaille at the elbows. I could however be totally wrong and it is totally safe, but when they're 225 bucks a pop, these are the kinds of things I consider. Haha.

Great dynamic poses for pictures, but for me, it'd be a one and done type thing. I personally wouldn't have that be the permanent pose for the aforementioned reasons.

I second the vote for the pose with less bend in the knees. I love the dynamic pose, but with the limited torso articulation, bending the knees too much throws off the visual balance (and makes the pose look a little stiff in the torso).

Thanks guys~ :hi5:

I don't like museum poses so I might bring the arm down and a little more straightened and try to pose him like the premium format statues perhaps?

This would be pretty cool. I sometimes do my TDW chainmaille version in this pose. Can't go wrong with it.

image.jpg

If you guys know me, I like to go for more dynamic action shots, but here you are, obliged :wink1:

The new AoU head sculpt hair will probably look more like the photo than the TDW hair.

Looks great! :hi5:

I recommended that pose because that scene was literally his first scene in TDW where he was coming down through the bifrost to Vanaheim and you saw Mjolnir hurl out of the bifrost. Mijolnir then returned just as the bifrost was dissipating and there was Thor, standing in that pose.

Looks great! :hi5:

I recommended that pose because that scene was literally his first scene in TDW where he was coming down through the bifrost to Vanaheim and you saw Mjolnir hurl out of the bifrost. Mijolnir then returned just as the bifrost was dissipating and there was Thor, standing in that pose.

thor4.gif

Anyone know how to flatten that Asgardian symbol cardboard base this comes with? Tried stacking heavy flat objects on top and it just won't flatten out all the way.

An art framer I used to use had some sort of device/machine specifically for flattening paper/cardboard. But even then, some cardboard just won't flatten perfectly no matter what. I'm always a proponent of the "bend it slightly in the opposite direction" approach. :)

I've tried both methods, still no luck, better than straight out the box but still not flattening out in the right spots...might have to throw it back in the box... :thud:

Back