1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The general thinking is that these arms are like the Chris Redfield/Dutch /Hulk arms.
There's an internal skeleton used for articulation, with rubber moulded on top in the shape of the chainmail.
It will bend like Hulk's arms. There's no telling how cool it will look when fully bent of course. Only time will tell with that.

So these arms may very possibly degrade over time too? I've been avoiding rubber bodies for this reason..

So these arms may very possibly degrade over time too? I've been avoiding rubber bodies for this reason..

It's possible.
But this way allows for far better posing than the Avengers version which is basically a TT body with silver sleeves. The arms cannot be raised above it's head or the sleeves pop out from under the tunic.

This one will be far more poseable.

533730_565605600184999_1612032009_n.jpg

:gah:

I kind of like the fully armoured look more, and it is the more appropriate version for the Dark World as a film, but I'm OCD-ing on the colour of the chainmail. I just don't think the torso looks right with it so silver. I really, really hope they darken it up between now and the release. I have a feeling it is going to be a really late decision for me on which version I end up getting.

I wish they had switched the cloak with the base. Every time he's landing and breaking the ground beneath him, it's usually during a battle where he is armored. And I could swear that he had the sleeveless light armor on underneath whenever he was wearing the cloak.

:gah:

I kind of like the fully armoured look more, and it is the more appropriate version for the Dark World as a film, but I'm OCD-ing on the colour of the chainmail. I just don't think the torso looks right with it so silver. I really, really hope they darken it up between now and the release. I have a feeling it is going to be a really late decision for me on which version I end up getting.
Whoa weird pic. His head looks huge.

^^^ Yeah, it's weird. They took it down for some reason but if you select the light-armored version, there's a link on that page to this one.

I saw in the newsletter yesterday this had low stock. Then i saw the EX was on waitlist. Has it been on waitlist long or do they mean the regular?

The Light Armored Thor has been on waitlist for the past 2-3 weeks I think, if not longer. This armored version was low-in-stock so i quickly pre-ordered mine yesterday. I'm hoping it will still be available when a monthly coupon works for him.

^I'm surprised. This might be the fastest pre-order sell out regular Hot Toys figure in a long time (not counting exclusives, like Midas or anything, since those are not a standard release).

The Light Armored Thor has been on waitlist for the past 2-3 weeks I think, if not longer. This armored version was low-in-stock so i quickly pre-ordered mine yesterday. I'm hoping it will still be available when a monthly coupon works for him.

Cool thanks. I did the same. Not 100% decided i want him but this gives me another 10 months to decide.

Surprised how quick he went to waitlist.

Back