Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is just my opinion and from what I've observed here in HK. The X3 wolverine tanked, they were still available for sale in store up till last month. I went to PO the new Wolverine this weekend, no one was buying this for the 20min or so that I was in the store.

Wayyy different scene vs the IM figures. We had to line up for hours sometimes.

Well Wolverine wasn't the most popular character in Asian countries.

This is just my opinion and from what I've observed here in HK. The X3 wolverine tanked, they were still available for sale in store up till last month. I went to PO the new Wolverine this weekend, no one was buying this for the 20min or so that I was in the store.

What are other characters that are big in Asia?

Well most things aren't Iron Man or The Avengers so I think it's hard to compare Wolverine against those. I do think though that Wolverine has a large base of his own who the figure appeals to. Like I said I really doubt that they'd have made three separate figures if it didn't have some chance of selling.

Yeah, Hot Toys doesn't bother with stuff that doesn't sell well, or that doesn't have the potential to sell well. They are not a company to go after sentimental, or even niche products anymore. Just because something doesn't sell out quickly doesn't mean it doesn't sell well. Who knows what the edition size on the previous figures was? There are relatively low production investment costs with Wolvie considering he's just a normal sized human character who usually needs a civilian-type outfit and minimal accessories. So that could also be a factor in why we would see more of him and less of Prometheus type figures. He's one of Marvel's top 2 most popular comic characters, and obviously one of the more popular non-Iron Man movie characters, so it makes sense from that POV that he would get lots of collectible-related attention. I was surprised it took them as long a it did to do a second figure of him.

No one buying a preorder for a whole 20 minutes? You don't say.

This isn't a new iPhone dude. It's a niche high end collectible. I bet Sideshow would be thrilled with one sale ONLINE per hour on average for anything that isn't an extremely limited exclusive.

No one buying a preorder for a whole 20 minutes? You don't say.

This isn't a new iPhone dude. It's a niche high end collectible. I bet Sideshow would be thrilled with one sale ONLINE per hour on average for anything that isn't an extremely limited exclusive.

Clearly you don't know what your talking about.

An average HT Iron Man release, you need to wait in line outside of Toy Hunters for minimum 2 hours to be able to pay for the deposit.

For VIP members, we now have the privilege of them opening pre-orders during the first 2 days for VIP members only, and even that, i have to wait in line at least 30mins.

Well I just emailed HT a list of my deman-uh suggestions for improving this (already excellent) figure. Probably only a 20% chance the email will be read by a human. I've done all I can. ( aside from compulsively emailing them over and over every day )

WolvieHTbody-1.jpg~original

Rageheadsculpt1.jpg~original

the_wolverine_movie-review-2013-5.jpg~original

Wolverineup_HT2ndsculpt-jacket16.jpg~original

'Wish HT would give us Kelly Hu; she'd look amazing beside this version of Logan.

Yuriko_Oyama_(Earth-10005).jpg

Missed out on the Origins version.

Wasn't inspired enough by the black leather pompadour one.

Don't care what the wrinkle counters think, but I liked the look of this new figure so much I ordered two.

Realistically,a new head won't happen.The Coat would be a nice add though.
Don't bother emailing HT,post this on their facebook page.

Well I just emailed HT a list of my deman-uh suggestions for improving this (already excellent) figure. Probably only a 20% chance the email will be read by a human. I've done all I can. ( aside from compulsively emailing them over and over every day )

WolvieHTbody-1.jpg~original

Rageheadsculpt1.jpg~original

the_wolverine_movie-review-2013-5.jpg~original

Wolverineup_HT2ndsculpt-jacket16.jpg~original

Back