Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I would like to have his ripped looked, it wont work for the figure in any other look but the white shirt. Using a body of that size with the layers, he would look fat with a tiny head. It just wouldnt work in this scale. A body swap for that look would be needed.

Well I just emailed HT a list of my deman-uh suggestions for improving this (already excellent) figure. Probably only a 20% chance the email will be read by a human. I've done all I can. ( aside from compulsively emailing them over and over every day )

WolvieHTbody-1.jpg~original

Rageheadsculpt1.jpg~original

the_wolverine_movie-review-2013-5.jpg~original

Wolverineup_HT2ndsculpt-jacket16.jpg~original

I am now happy that I have passed on all Hugh Jackman Wolvie figures, made preordering this one an instant yes.

Clearly you don't know what your talking about.

An average HT Iron Man release, you need to wait in line outside of Toy Hunters for minimum 2 hours to be able to pay for the deposit.

For VIP members, we now have the privilege of them opening pre-orders during the first 2 days for VIP members only, and even that, i have to wait in line at least 30mins.

Well that's just dumb.

Well I just emailed HT a list of my deman-uh suggestions for improving this (already excellent) figure. Probably only a 20% chance the email will be read by a human. I've done all I can. ( aside from compulsively emailing them over and over every day )

WolvieHTbody-1.jpg~original

Rageheadsculpt1.jpg~original

the_wolverine_movie-review-2013-5.jpg~original

Wolverineup_HT2ndsculpt-jacket16.jpg~original

I like your suggestions and would gladly pay extra for that to happen . Maybe make him a DX like others have already suggested? :pray:

just PO it!! Not the most awesome figure but being a wolvie fan and missed the first one, it's a must have.

I hope HT will remake the body..need to be hairier and bigger. I don't care about the suits....that's not a good look. prolly sell it.

just PO it!! Not the most awesome figure but being a wolvie fan and missed the first one, it's a must have.

I hope HT will remake the body..need to be hairier and bigger. I don't care about the suits....that's not a good look. prolly sell it.

Yep, for me too it will be the vest and thats about it, instead of suit wld have preferred an alternate hs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Let's wait for the actual on hand HS. Look what happens all the time with HT HS.. lol

Yeah, Hot Toys doesn't bother with stuff that doesn't sell well, or that doesn't have the potential to sell well. They are not a company to go after sentimental, or even niche products anymore. Just because something doesn't sell out quickly doesn't mean it doesn't sell well. Who knows what the edition size on the previous figures was? There are relatively low production investment costs with Wolvie considering he's just a normal sized human character who usually needs a civilian-type outfit and minimal accessories. So that could also be a factor in why we would see more of him and less of Prometheus type figures. He's one of Marvel's top 2 most popular comic characters, and obviously one of the more popular non-Iron Man movie characters, so it makes sense from that POV that he would get lots of collectible-related attention. I was surprised it took them as long a it did to do a second figure of him.

:exactly:

An average HT Iron Man release, you need to wait in line outside of Toy Hunters for minimum 2 hours to be able to pay for the deposit.

What wonderful lives they must lead.

Is it just me or does this look like a COMPLETELY different headsculpt compared to the promo pics? I know the lighting changes how the finish looks, but to me stuff like his nose looks VERY different than it does in the promo pictures...

If I can grab a second head sculpt cheap enough I actually might make a second figure with the wife beater, pants, shoes, and bone claws to utilize both looks.

Is it just me or does this look like a COMPLETELY different headsculpt compared to the promo pics? I know the lighting changes how the finish looks, but to me stuff like his nose looks VERY different than it does in the promo pictures...

Look at yourself in the mirror with a light under your chin and you will see what is happening in that display. Lighting is everything when dealing with a 3D object. Things that are normally in shadow now have highlights. Particularly the nose.

The display is clever looking with the under light but it plays hell with a paint job and especially a sculpt.

If I can grab a second head sculpt cheap enough I actually might make a second figure with the wife beater, pants, shoes, and bone claws to utilize both looks.

:lecture
That's what I'm planning on doing. Just put a regular TT under the suit and use the Wolverine body for the shirtless version. ;)

I'm thinking about getting a classic comics Wolverine costume for this one too. I think he'd look kinda cool actually, with the headsculpt and all.

I'm seeing a problem with my new HT collecting addiction...
I remember being psyched for the Amazing Spider-Man figure.. still don't have it.. :mad:
I remember being blown away by my want for the die cast Mk 42... waiting a few months. :(
I remember telling myself I'd die without the awesome Man Of Steel Superman figure.. 1st QTR 2014.... :gah:
I remember almost doing a backflip in my damn chair when I saw that HT not only did a figure for one of my favorite character designs, Eric Draven from The Crow, but also my favorite singular look of RDJ in IM3; Tony Stark - The Mechanic. I pre-ordered both at the same time... woot March 2014... :impatient:
Thankfully the first IM3 Tony Stark was created and shipped on time lol. Happy to have him already. :yess:
Now, I haven't even seen The Wolverine movie yet, but I know I will enjoy it. Regardless, I have yet to have a Hugh Jackman Wolvey figure and am obsessed with owning this already. Yayyyyyy May 2014 :slap

Back