Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me or does this look like a COMPLETELY different headsculpt compared to the promo pics? I know the lighting changes how the finish looks, but to me stuff like his nose looks VERY different than it does in the promo pictures...

It's great seeing more pics, but that display lighting is NOT doing the figure any favors...looks harsh.

Still...very excited about this one. Actuallyone of my more anticipated releases t this point. Really like the black suit/coat. Hope the coat is wired on the edge...that would allow for some cool action poses...

I'm seeing a problem with my new HT collecting addiction...
I remember being psyched for the Amazing Spider-Man figure.. still don't have it.. :mad:
I remember being blown away by my want for the die cast Mk 42... waiting a few months. :(
I remember telling myself I'd die without the awesome Man Of Steel Superman figure.. 1st QTR 2014.... :gah:
I remember almost doing a backflip in my damn chair when I saw that HT not only did a figure for one of my favorite character designs, Eric Draven from The Crow, but also my favorite singular look of RDJ in IM3; Tony Stark - The Mechanic. I pre-ordered both at the same time... woot March 2014... :impatient:
Thankfully the first IM3 Tony Stark was created and shipped on time lol. Happy to have him already. :yess:
Now, I haven't even seen The Wolverine movie yet, but I know I will enjoy it. Regardless, I have yet to have a Hugh Jackman Wolvey figure and am obsessed with owning this already. Yayyyyyy May 2014 :slap

81860191.jpg

I remember being psyched for the Amazing Spider-Man figure.. still don't have it.. :mad:
I remember being blown away by my want for the die cast Mk 42... waiting a few months. :(
I remember telling myself I'd die without the awesome Man Of Steel Superman figure.. 1st QTR 2014.... :gah:
I remember almost doing a backflip in my damn chair when I saw that HT not only did a figure for one of my favorite character designs, Eric Draven from The Crow, but also my favorite singular look of RDJ in IM3; Tony Stark - The Mechanic. I pre-ordered both at the same time... woot March 2014... :impatient:
Thankfully the first IM3 Tony Stark was created and shipped on time lol. Happy to have him already. :yess:
Now, I haven't even seen The Wolverine movie yet, but I know I will enjoy it. Regardless, I have yet to have a Hugh Jackman Wolvey figure and am obsessed with owning this already. Yayyyyyy May 2014 :slap

Welcome to Hot Toys collecting! :wave

It's great seeing more pics, but that display lighting is NOT doing the figure any favors...looks harsh.

Still...very excited about this one. Actuallyone of my more anticipated releases t this point. Really like the black suit/coat. Hope the coat is wired on the edge...that would allow for some cool action poses...

I too, really like the Black suit... I think his clothing looks cooler than the previous 2 figures. One was too plain for me while the other X-outfit... I can't put my finger on that one. Didn't like the headsculpt so maybe it turned me off from the uniform also.

Anyway, can't wait for May of 14!!! :yess:

I am legitimately very surprised by how many people say they really liked "The Wolverine"

I thought it was pretty close to terrible. The train scene was fun but the rest of the action was drab and the story very lacking in my opinion and I didn't particularly like how they did Silver Samurai either.

I am legitimately very surprised by how many people say they really liked "The Wolverine"

I thought it was pretty close to terrible. The train scene was fun but the rest of the action was drab and the story very lacking in my opinion and I didn't particularly like how they did Silver Samurai either.

:exactly:
Hated the movie, but love the character. Will still be getting it.

Hated the movie, but love the character. Will still be getting it.

Haven't seen the movie, but love the character, too.

Haven't seen The Avengers, but I'm getting HT Hulk.

For me it's sometimes more about the character than their representation in any particular film. So I'm also not really bothered whether this looks much like Hugh Jackman or not. It just has to sell the idea of 'Wolverine'.

And who said Wolverine never dressed smartly? :wink1:

XMen021.jpg

2332755-wolverine__1988_1st_series__008d_super.jpg

Didn't care much about the movie but I really like what Jackman does with the character. Personally like Origins better. Thought Liev and Hugh were brilliant in their scenes. I can't see anything but Origins Sabertooth in this costume.

I also really buy the figures because I'm a fan of the comics. It just so happens the movies make the best figure versions of these characters in existence, so those are what I collect. Because of that, I had no problems selling my HT Hawkeye. The generic special ops assassin in the film does nothing for me.

How in the hell have you not seen the Avengers yet?!

I never go to the cinema. And The Avengers isn't very high on my 'want to see' list.

In all cases I'd rather wait until the DVD turns up for a £1 (or less) at a boot sale. (And spend the money saved on 1/6 figures!)

If I can grab a second head sculpt cheap enough I actually might make a second figure with the wife beater, pants, shoes, and bone claws to utilize both looks.

I already bought myself a bootleg the last stand headsculpt in anticipation. Gonna get a 2nd body closer to release.

Hell yeah best hobby evarrrr :hi5:

Agreed. Just pricey at times. Welcome! :wave

:welcome

As for Wolverine, IMO, Hugh Jackman is to this character as RDJ is to Iron Man. After 7 appearances (one on the way in 14), I can't envision anyone elses's take on this (anti/grey) hero icon. I know it will happen one day, but he has definitely made Wolvie come to life from the pages of the comics. And I'm was never a fan of his original comic yellow costume either. (Which made the joke in the original X-Men even funnier for me. :lol)

Hugh + Wolverine = :rock

Speaking of other takes on the character.... Just for fun....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3wDj7bYve0[/ame]

I'm in the same boat. All my pre-orders right now are coming in the first two quarters (mostly the second actually, if they're on time that is). The rest of the year should be light though and the only thing I haven't ordered I want to is the Mark XXXIII Silver Centurion.

Back