1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This really messes up my top five figures list (assuming all look like this proto). These are going to be in there, but it kind of makes it somewhat Batcentric.

Quality over quantity. You can throw a bajillion Iron Men at people, but, at the end of the day, they'll never match up to A Few Good [Bat]Men. There are exceptions (*cough*DX 12*cough*), but, for he most part, HT really should consider the Batman license as their flagship line because I've been more impressed by this stuff than by any of their IM releases (though, to be fair, I'm sure there is some bias in that statement).:lol

Robin looks great, he's definitely a purchase. I don't really see Burt Ward there at all though. Looks like a generic likeness of random 20s looking dude. Like the kind of headsculpt that would be available on a standard true type body release.

The skin texture is great, the mask and hair is sculpted well, and the paint is superb. Can't say that there's any defining features of Burt Ward's Grayson though, certainly no where close as Adam West in that Batman headsculpt.

I kind of see what you mean; the realism is so outstanding that we aren't too bothered by the likeness. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they did something along these lines instead:
burt_ward_as_robin_03.jpg

Quality over quantity. You can throw a bajillion Iron Men at people, but, at the end of the day, they'll never match up to A Few Good [Bat]Men. There are exceptions (*cough*DX 12*cough*), but, for he most part, HT really should consider the Batman license as their flagship line because I've been more impressed by this stuff than by any of their IM releases (though, to be fair, I'm sure there is some bias in that statement).:lol

Yeah, that's all BS considering your name is "batfan". Definitely bias. :lol

Their recent Iron Man III Tony Starks, Iron Monger, and that Mandarin are just as good as any of the Batman figures they've put out and I don't even own any Iron Man collectibles.

Any Bale cowl sculpt in 1/6th, that is; that QS is amazing. I'd say that HT's three best figures (in no specific order, would be West Batman, Keaton, and that final QS). It's just a shame that you can't have all three standing together...

Or perhaps you could? West Batman could pass for Silver Age Batman and you could form a backstory for how Keaton Bats and West Bats teamed up with the giant Batman of Universe X.:lol

I know everyone is horny for that QS figure at the moment but the Bale likeness isn't overpowering to me at all. In fact some pics don't resemble him at all. The detail and paint on the mouth pieces are great though. As far as I'm concerned even after 6 Bale Batman figures they have yet to get the likeness /cowl combo right.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, that's all BS considering your name is "batfan". Definitely bias. :lol

Their recent Iron Man III Tony Starks, Iron Monger, and that Mandarin are just as good as any of the Batman figures they've put out and I don't even own any Iron Man collectibles.

See, I think Mandarin's great, but there's something off about the Tony Starks; it's still not quite RDJ. I'm serious, though. Outside of a few others like The Godfather and Superman, putting personal bias aside, I can honestly say that Keaton, and, if it's anything like the proto, this are their best releases.

As far as I'm concerned even after 6 Bale Batman figures they have yet to get the likeness /cowl combo right.

And they'll never have to.

Look how excited people got over the DX 12. Look at the 20,000+ posts in each Hot Toys Bale Batman thread. It doesn't matter how good or bad they are, if it's a Nolan Batman, people flock right to it.

It doesn't matter to Hot Toys if they're definitive or not, they sell out EVERY time. Every ****ing time. DX 12 was criticized right out the door and it was probably Hot Toys' greatest seller. A figure that everyone complained about and customized on their own. They're clearly not doing their best. Why should they when they can make multiple versions of the same thing that people go gaga over for again and again.?

The next release will probably be a Begins Batman that they kind of, sort of improve, but that's still wrong enough to make you mad and warrant a new one later on. Then they'll try and hype up a "Trilogy" version of the TDK suit, basically a 1/6 version of the QS. Just look at their Jokers.

Difabio, thank God there's someone like you on this forum. :lol

I remember when that DX12 was first previewed and you heard nothing but overwhelming love for it. I couldn't believe it. I remember I ragged on the sculpt and a few people jumped on my ****. Of course, those same people went out gobbled up those custom sculpts MRM was selling. :lol

That Toy Fairs Begins figure was the same way. That was a debacle that people just shrugged off and ate up anyway. "FIGURE OF THE YEAR!!!"

I remember when it was first up, everyone was killing each other about it. Worrying about sell outs, worrying about even getting one, hyping up "teh scalpers". Then it turns out there's enough for everyone . . . and it's a piece of crap. That suit and those cape clips are horrible, and don't even get me started about those deteriorating boot pegs! :lol

That was also one of the first basic figures to hit $220+ for no apparent reason other than "we can" and I don't recall many people batting an eye.

People love dem Bale Battymans, hyping em' up since the 2008 OG, errr, OC.

The ankles on that one were the worst. My original costume one from The Dark Knight is still holding up a lot better.

"

I remember when it was first up, everyone was killing each other about it. Worrying about sell outs, worrying about even getting one, hyping up "teh scalpers". Then it turns out there's enough for everyone . . . and it's a piece of crap. That suit and those cape clips are horrible, and don't even get me started about those deteriorating boot pegs! :lol

Remember when that Bale head was first shown? :lol

I think you are one of the people got hit the hardest with that figure. Wasn't the legs broken or something? It was crazy.

All I have to say is thank God Keaton and Jack turned out so well. If all else turns out like **** I have my 89 set. :rock

I'm no Nolancomp00p :)lol), but I do like the series - with Begins being my fave.

That said - I've been wanting a quality HT 1/6 Begins Baleman for ages, & none of them are great.

That's why I'm hoping they DX it - not just for the title, PERS & a cool base, but to address the issues the last ones had; basically something more akin to what Bale actually looked like in the suit, & not a giraffe necked Michelin Man.

Not sure if the line is going to stop with Batman and Robin, but I really want some '66 villains. I don't expect a full rogues gallery by any means.

I'm sure you guys over here noticed it. But if not, Sideshow updated the pre-order information and put that it's the TV series not the film as originally stated. So Hot Toys should be bringing on Batgirl and the Julie Newmar Catwoman.

Of all the posts critiquing West's waistline on this figure, I have to say the more pics I see the more the lack of an elbow is really bugging me on certain poses. :horror

Of all the posts critiquing West's waistline on this figure, I have to say the more pics I see the more the lack of an elbow is really bugging me on certain poses. :horror

As I recall, the Avengers Black Widow had the same problem, but the fault was the in actual posing. It was actually the wrong part of the joint being moved...

True dat. :lol

As I recall, the Avengers Black Widow had the same problem, but the fault was the in actual posing. It was actually the wrong part of the joint being moved...
Nah.. it's the nature of the elbow piece - it's a flat-ish rectangle / rhombus - whatever.

It's never going to look like a real elbow with a point, once bent.

Back