Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superman sold out too.

It doesn't necessarily mean that Jor-El is limited, it means that retailers like BBTS, Alter Ego, CSC, Toy Anxiety etc. are receiving limited stock. The reason they have been able to sell them at lower, discounted prices and why they have been selling out is because Sideshow is dictating these things as a retailer.

They had to make less of them and charge more because less people want a bad likeness second-stringer character from a bad movie.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

You know what we don't have enough of? Ventriloquist comedians.

I'm always ahead of the times. :yess:

Something else that I see hasn't been brought up is the $20 markup over Superman. Think it's because of Crowe's likeness?
Nah. Probably the cost of adding that amazing gun made out of chicken bones and human intestines.

Sorry if this has been said already but…

There are at lease two different robes in the movie, the bluish grey with a dark red cape worn in the council chamber and later in as the hologram without the shoulder armor and cape, and a golden brown one worn in the launch room. The golden brown one is slightly different in that the cape is the same color as the rest of robe, the sleeves do not attach to the wrists like the blue one does (See pictures). And he doesn’t wear the shoulder armor seen in the council chamber with the golden brown.

The Hot toys figure has taken the blue robe and made it a reddish brown with a red cape. In the interest of accuracy to the film they need to change it to blue.

jorelcomp01.jpg

blue:
jorelblue.jpg

brown:
jorelbrown.jpg

I think that's the same robe -- with/without the shoulder armor -- under different lighting. Look at the change in Russell Crowe's skin-tone between the "blue" robe and "brown" robe scenes. The baby/Lara's-cleavage scene is brighter and yellower.

SnakeDoc

Not to mention the colour correction and tint changes done in comp/post for the movie.

I know I'm late, but damn just went to PO from AE and saw they're not giving a discount for this guy like they did with Sups. I know hat SS has been coming down hard on retailers, but usually AE and CSC still give he discount even when others have not. Wonder what made the difference for this figure?? Went on and ordered from SS (which I guess is what they want) since they have the $10 shipping.

It's the exact same robe. As mentioned before, one is simply without the shoulder/chest armor. Look at the collar area for both of the robes, you'll see that its the same, you just don't have the fancy armor on one of them revealing the entire attire underneath it.

Back