Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scam-O-Rama.
A seller with less than thirty feedback selling a brand new HT figure for half of retail.
If it looks too good to be true etc.

Yeah, noticed that it was the seller's first time selling. He has 20 transactions and 100 percent positive feedback, but it's all on purchases. However, just because they've never sold something before doesn't necessarily mean it's a "scam". Everyone has to start at 1 at some point. Being a first time seller, the thing I'd be most wary about is the seller not being overly familiar with eBay's various payment methods.

$110 isn't really half off retail for this figure anymore. It was never a hot seller and it is possible that you can get these for relatively cheap. Most of the other ones listed are around the $170-$180 range (which is still cheap), but I don't think many people are willing to pay even that. He's just not a popular figure by any stretch.

It's unfortunate, because it really is a finely crafted, beautiful figure. The Russell Crowe headsculpt is one of HT best, in my opinion.

I've seen some deals on the Jor-El figure but have just not pulled the trigger yet. I'm just not sure if I "need" this one in the collection. I have Supes and Zod and felt that was enough. Just curious to hear if Jor-El is that good that it should be included in a MOS display.

For the record, I did like the character but not having seen the figure in hand, can't say that it's a must-have for my rapidly shrinking display space... :wink1:

It's an awesome figure. The head sculpt and costume tailoring are top-notch. But If you feel you have to convince yourself to get it, then don't.

Pretty much what snoop said. If you have to try and convince yourself to get a figure, then you probably shouldn't get it. However, like he also said, this is an EXTREMELY underrated figure. The sculpt is definitely the best in the MoS line (I think all the sculpts are good in the MoS line) and probably one of HT's best in general, in my opinion. The costume is very ornate and the tailoring is immaculate. I won't say it's a MUST have because if I HAD to sell a MoS figure he would be the one to go, but if you already have Supes and Zod in your MoS collection and with the prices you can get this figure at and the quality that it is, I would definitely pick it up to complete a MoS set.

I had to kind of convince my self glad I did just got it last week from member. Amaxing piece!
e9c4674e4a1411f10e311f0a113e4ea8.jpg
8ebf28fe08c5a081184fd10f9c69260e.jpg

Just an amazing figure I'm thinking of picking him up. I owned the superman at one point but sold him due to the size being off and my figure having some issues but would love to get jor el and the new superman figure coming out will be perfectly fine to go next to jor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Just an amazing figure I'm thinking of picking him up. I owned the superman at one point but sold him due to the size being off and my figure having some issues but would love to get jor el and the new superman figure coming out will be perfectly fine to go next to jor.

He is a great figure, one of HT's best likenesses, in my opinion. Definitely a must given the low prices you can currently snare him at if anyone is contemplating picking him up.

What were some of the issues with your MoS Supes, if I may ask?

He is a great figure, one of HT's best likenesses, in my opinion. Definitely a must given the low prices you can currently snare him at if anyone is contemplating picking him up.

What were some of the issues with your MoS Supes, if I may ask?
I think I will go ahead and get him then! Time to save up some extra pennies. My body was very difficult to pose. The feet wouldn't budge and would fall, swapping hands were difficult and again the body was too tall. Head sculpt was amazing though. I just got a bad batch figure. I bought it right before it sold out on Sideshow and I couldn't replace it. I was going to rebuy but never did.

I think I will go ahead and get him then! Time to save up some extra pennies. My body was very difficult to pose. The feet wouldn't budge and would fall, swapping hands were difficult and again the body was too tall. Head sculpt was amazing though. I just got a bad batch figure. I bought it right before it sold out on Sideshow and I couldn't replace it. I was going to rebuy but never did.

I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the Jor-El figure. :duff

That's a bummer to hear about your MoS Supes. The body is indeed a bit tall, but he's probably in my top three favorite figures. Just an amazing piece. The sculpt is amazing as you mentioned and the texture and fabric of the suit is spot on.

I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the Jor-El figure. :duff

That's a bummer to hear about your MoS Supes. The body is indeed a bit tall, but he's probably in my top three favorite figures. Just an amazing piece. The sculpt is amazing as you mentioned and the texture and fabric of the suit is spot on.
I probably will! The new supes will represent the best to date. Yeah it is but luckily I didn't pay much and sold it for decent amount. It's an awesome figure for sure but he had to go at the time I do wish I picked him up again but I just didn't feel like I should.

The BvS Supes is a figure I'm really looking forward to. I already have MoS Supes, but I got BvS Supes as well because I'm a staunch Superman fan. I actually got my MoS Supes as a gift for Christmas 2014 from someone who snared it in an eBay auction for $50. This was during the time when demand for it was very low and you could practically get it for free.

The BvS Supes is a figure I'm really looking forward to. I already have MoS Supes, but I got BvS Supes as well because I'm a staunch Superman fan. I actually got my MoS Supes as a gift for Christmas 2014 from someone who snared it in an eBay auction for $50. This was during the time when demand for it was very low and you could practically get it for free.
Exactly very pumped for it and I think the suit looks awesome this time around and the new head sculpt looks great. Wow what a deal! Very lucky.

Back