Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get what you're saying, and I agree.

I guess sometimes we just have to leave the brain at the door before watching. :lol

Yeah. It's incredibly unrealistic in "our" world.
But for all that, it just seems plausible in the movies.
Despite the fact the armour can go on in hundreds of pieces, it still seems feasible that it could be air and watertight enough for him to go underwater, or to pee himself and suit would recycle and filter the water, lol.
I'm still a fan!

C7BB3BD4-896F-4210-95A7-F58F0B59E30E.jpg

1976F1FB-AFF0-4930-B1A2-163C9577952A.jpg

The MK42 was standing eight feet away. He couldn't get into the MKVII.
He suited up in the Mark 42 before Maya arrived and then took it off, he could have suited up in it during the time before she came.

I do agree that the older suits should have been used more in later movies, to some extent anyway.

He suited up in the Mark 42 before Maya arrived and then took it off, he could have suited up in it during the time before she came.

I do agree that the older suits should have been used more in later movies, to some extent anyway.

Something I just noticed, he was all over JARVIS for being on ding-dong and not full lock down for the Mandarin. But Why didn't Tony make sure the 42's other weapons were online at the same time...

Something I just noticed, he was all over JARVIS for being on ding-dong and not full lock down for the Mandarin. But Why didn't Tony make sure the 42's other weapons were online at the same time...

Because the script called for it? :D I mean, if the 42 was fully-functional, those helicopters wouldn't have been able to stand a chance and the movie would have ended really quick from then on. :D

Because he was arrogant. He challenged Mandarin to a fight out of sheer revenge and bravado and plainly put Pepper and his house in danger, he used his prototype 42 suit and nothing else because he thought that was all he needed. He was gearing for a fight, but underestimated as his thinking was clouded by severe PTSD and anxiety. He was caught up with the validation he got from creating and just keeping busy to distract from the mental issues he was suffering. That's kind of the entire arc of the character. Then a bit of clarity dawned on him after crash landing in Tennessee. He lost his suits, found his roots and rebuilt.

Hi, I'm new here but I've always been reading the forums for tips and the conversations. I have this figure in like new condition with the shippers box. What would be a fair price to sell it for?

They still could have done something else, like still that whole "The Mandarin is a fraud" or something after Tony won. I get what you guys are saying but still :lol I mean, Tony took down Vanko early in Iron Man 2, yet he still came later.

Finally stumbled on the right deal and scooped this up on the Bay this week. He just showed up today and I'm wondering why the hell I didn't grab this for retail while it was lingering around on SS FOREVER and Forbidden Planet in NY couldn't give the thing away :slap. At least this guy didn't appreciate as much as the others and I got Finally stumbled on the right deal and scooped this up on the Bay this week.

Awesome fig :rock. Fair deal so I didn't get killed. But hindsight is 20/20

Last edited:
If HT actually re-releases the older armours in die-cast, Mark V is one I'd love to get.

I really wish they'd remake the Mark III in die-cast(Preferably with interchangeable battle-damaged parts).

That figure is in serious need of a remake, not just because of how old the original is, but because how expensive both it and the Battle-Damaged Version is.

With the Mark II, just re-release the Unleashed Version, except with a RDJ head, instead of Don Cheadle. That simple.

I can get this figure for a good price, but I'm on the edge about it.

That and right now Ive got a pretty good deal going for the Avengers Iron Man Promo from a fellow Freak. :D

This is one of those figures that was on SS for so long that it wasn't a priority buy. Then the damn thing sold out and now people want a ridiculous amount of money for it. I'd like to pick it up but I definitely will wait for a decent deal. A die cast version would be great. I'm really impressed with the new WM.

I had a 10% off coupon on The Bay so I ended up getting this brand new, sealed but no shipper for $290. In the big scheme of aftermarket prices this is that much above retail so it wasn't horrible, but I could've gotten this for a good amount less than retail so I guess that's what stings. But at the end of the day I lose out on the shipper and took about a $95 beating so that's not too bad coming in this late in the game.

Mark III needs a reboot DRASTICALLY!!

Honestly yeah, the Mark III should be re-released with battle damage like the old one. Kind of like the Mark I got a re-release, and the Mark II (which was justified though)

Honestly yeah, the Mark III should be re-released with battle damage like the old one. Kind of like the Mark I got a re-release, and the Mark II (which was justified though)

I think that had IM3 had less than 36 new armours(Maybe two or three new ones), we would have seen a MKIII re-tool happen by now.
As it is, they have plenty of armours to be going on with, without retreading an old one(Even the MKIII which is seriously in need of a retooling).

I think that had IM3 had less than 36 new armours(Maybe two or three new ones), we would have seen a MKIII re-tool happen by now.
As it is, they have plenty of armours to be going on with, without retreading an old one(Even the MKIII which is seriously in need of a retooling).

I'm still surprised they don't though. The III was like the corner stone armor and they'd sell like hotcakes. I have to believe that there is WAY more popularity behind an updated III than Starboost or any other insignificant armor they might offer next. The I & II were very necessary reboots because they were pretty dated. The current III is still part of that same era and could use some major updating. I'm not one who thinks that they should all be redone in die-cast because that doesn't matter too much to me. I think everything from the IV-VII are all equally very much up to today's standards but the III is becoming a dinosaur. A new one with a great long haired younger Stark sculpt is just what the doctor ordered

Hi guys, sorry I didn't look back through the pages but I just bought my mark V, can someone tell me where the chest light battery compartment is? I cant seem to find it, thanks in advance guys.

Back