Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked this guy up about a month ago, and though I agree that the detail, face sculpt, etc. are all top notch, his damn overcoat is too bulky IMO. Or at least, it was that way on my figure, and I couldn't seem to futz it much though others here seem to look less awkward than mine.

Have you removed the shirt underneath?

The figure wears the coat, a olive colored sweater and a greyish shirt underneath. Remove that shirt, since you don't see it at all and only gives the figure unnecessary bulk.

It was the first thing I did and it definitely improves the look! :)

I have not, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks. I actually just took the overcoat off and left the green sweater on, since he looks less silly that way (though, of course, not screen accurate).

I have not, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks. I actually just took the overcoat off and left the green sweater on, since he looks less silly that way (though, of course, not screen accurate).

Take the shoulder padding out of his jacket. That makes a massive difference.

I picked this figure up a few months ago for a really good price.

I really like it. I agree with all the comments on HS and paint it's one of HT's best.

I like all the guns he comes with but I only display him with that big honking knife of his.

I'm going to go remove some of his clothing now to make him look less bulky. That was my only complaint.

Take the shoulder padding out of his jacket. That makes a massive difference.
Thanks. Didn't even realize he had shoulder pads. . .

On another note, I picked up some Dastan gripping hands for my custom Bill the Butcher, and after realizing they were too dark, I traded them for my Raine hands. The darker Dastan hands actually look closer to the shade of Raine's head than his stock hands in my opinion. Like they're a bit dirty almost. Just FYI.

Could've had him for $110 from gohastings today. They're having a 29% off sale today with a special code and I went on before bed last nite around 3am but the code wasn't active till 5am this morning. Needless to say I checked back when I woke up this morning and he's now sold out. $155 itself is still orig price but $110 was major.

It's a good figure that appreciated by too few collectors but I'm still hopeful I can get him for much less then eBay.

The sculpt on this guy is spot on Pitt. However I too wish the expression was more aggressive instead of passive. I might pick him up in the future

It's amazing, out of all the figures I've sold, this is the one that I actually regret selling. I wanted to get him today from hastings, but he sold out unfortunately. And just like zidane, I went to sleep around 3am. I woul've stayed up if my professor had let us know that we wouldn't have class today :gah:

It's amazing, out of all the figures I've sold, this is the one that I actually regret selling. I wanted to get him today from hastings, but he sold out unfortunately. And just like zidane, I went to sleep around 3am. I woul've stayed up if my professor had let us know that we wouldn't have class today :gah:

I hate profs that don't do that :lol :slap

I used to own this figure as well and regret it quite a lot that I sold it. HT really did a great job on this one.

Seeing this thread get bumped the other day inspired me to unpack Aldo and take a couple of pics:
Untitled-31.jpg

Untitled-32.jpg

I'm glad HT got to this underrated film and great characters when it did...

Landa was most deserving of an Oscar, rightfully won it and that figure is supreme. These two would've got lost in today's mix.

I'm glad HT got to this underrated film and great characters when it did...

Landa was most deserving of an Oscar, rightfully won it and that figure is supreme. These two would've got lost in today's mix.

I totally agree with u here...I'm hoping EB sees the current trend in HT pieces and starts to go off the beaten path a bit with licenses other than big budget action flicks, especially if HT is ignoring that sector of the market.

I love my Aldo and Landa great figures and from the looks of it, the last of smaller budget figures.

:exactly: That's why I only bought Landa in this license...just blown away by his character in the film. But now, after seeing the stable price of Aldo in the market I'm tempting to pick him up as well to complement Hans. :monkey1

Back