Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made this quick shop of how I think he should look :

Aldo-Shop-1.jpg

I really like how you made the hair, but the hat would never go on.
I guess Hot Toys could go the Enterbay route and make the hair swappable like the Kato figure

Okay I have posted this on HT Facebook and asked them to change it. If you agree, please vote for it and show support, maybe they will listen.

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys?ref=nf

See the youtube link above. The HT figure is based on Aldo's look during the interrogation immediately preceding the baseball bat scene. HT probably rewatched that sequence and saw that he had definite "hat head." To request a change would be asking for it to be less, not more, accurate.

He really does not do that smirk much in the movie.
I think he does before he is grabbed in the movie theater and on the poster.

The figure is from this scene and seems to represent really well

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yIja0yValiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yIja0yValiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

In about every scene he has done his grinning/smirk face at least once, sometimes more extreme than others... I think it's much more trademark than this open mouth expression.

This figure and its new improvements represent the character well enough for this particular scene it was based off.

I can't believe all the rivering going on here now after these new pics leaked, unreal.

This figure is marvelous.

See the youtube link above. The HT figure is based on Aldo's look during the interrogation immediately preceding the baseball bat scene. HT probably rewatched that sequence and saw that he had definite "hat head." To request a change would be asking for it to be less, not more, accurate.

Skip to 1:25 in the youtube video. The old hair was the accurate hair.

Rubbish!..at 1:25 his part hangs off to the side a tad more but, its not like the old hair at all, that sculpt drops over the side of the face more.

New hair looks better and goes well enough with this scene and most of the others through out the movie and can be used also for the white tux look.

If you want to get technical about it then, the left side of his head is missing that poofy mess as well.

Honestly, you can't really call one look of the hair inferior to the other, his hair changes slightly in style so much during the movie.

This new sculpt is not only much better but, universally works for this characters other looks from this movie, while still fitting with the scene(s) it is based from.

Which would be cool if they were giving us his outfits to go along with those looks. Since it's this look they chose, they should stick with the original hair.

I don't mind anything but the hair change. If they were going to change something drastic it should be the expression.

11tyf0y.jpg

big improvement. the old sculpt looked just a tad too old for pitt and the eyes and mouth are much more a accurate likeness now as well. i'm kinda indifferent on the hair until i see better pics. in fact i think the improvements will be obvious when we see some new official pics.

still would like to see a smirking head sculpt.

Back