Hot Toys - MMS 100 - Terminator Salvation - Marcus Wright- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milk

IMG_0180.jpg

Nothing new :rotfl

Unlike what we could have thought, there's no wire inside the coat... It's still poseable though.

Well I have him in hand as well. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said that. I don't know what material they used to make the coat but it makes it poseable somehow. But like I said, no wire.

Well I have him in hand as well. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said that. I don't know what material they used to make the coat but it makes it poseable somehow. But like I said, no wire.

Sounds cool! Maybe somesort of foil inside the cloth? :dunno

I'm really looking forward to this figure, but it'll probably be a while before I have it.

Does anybody know how long it usually takes for Sideshow to get the HT figures after the release?

I believe that the Dutch importer gets these figs through Sideshow instead of HT directly. So it'll be probably a month after Sideshow gets him, that I get him...

I hope I'll have him in hand somewhere before Christmas...

Ahh ^^^^! Too much coming at one time. Now I have to choose between this figure and storm shadow. I don't know I think I'm going to have to give Storm the ax?

Ahh ^^^^! Too much coming at one time. Now I have to choose between this figure and storm shadow. I don't know I think I'm going to have to give Storm the ax?

Given the reception this figure seems to be getting and common situations with HT, I would imagine Storm's got better odds of being picked up later at retail, maybe even less, than Marcus.

Given the reception this figure seems to be getting and common situations with HT, I would imagine Storm's got better odds of being picked up later at retail, maybe even less, than Marcus.

:lecture Quoted for truth.

My personal preference is T:S > GI Joe and Marcus > Storm Shadow. However, to each their own.

You are right. Storm will get the ax. I'll pick him up sown the road. Marcus looks to be one figure that will skyrocket in price very soon.

Just got marcus today!

Not as excited when I got connor though. Figure comes with a lot of stuffs, but the leather jacket, and the blue coat doesn't fit nicely on him like the way connor's leather jacket fit. Also, paint job is a notch below of what we got for connor (he looks a bit too tanned, IMO), and neck has a lil bit of that 'giraffe effect'.

Prolly cause I saw the actual prototype a month ago, and that one was perfect! John was a 5 out of 5 star figure. While this ones just a 3.5 star fig IMO. Only thing that I really enjoyed exploring was the battle damaged arm, which was pretty easy to bend and they even paint the endo underneath the skin, which I always enjoyed, those sweet little details that are hidden. But I'm just displaying him with the bd head, and just a t shirt, and he's looking pretty cool, next to connor and T800 :D

Just got marcus today!

Not as excited when I got connor though. Figure comes with a lot of stuffs, but the leather jacket, and the blue coat doesn't fit nicely on him like the way connor's leather jacket fit. Also, paint job is a notch below of what we got for connor (he looks a bit too tanned, IMO), and neck has a lil bit of that 'giraffe effect'.

Prolly cause I saw the actual prototype a month ago, and that one was perfect! John was a 5 out of 5 star figure. While this ones just a 3.5 star fig IMO. Only thing that I really enjoyed exploring was the battle damaged arm, which was pretty easy to bend and they even paint the endo underneath the skin, which I always enjoyed, those sweet little details that are hidden. But I'm just displaying him with the bd head, and just a t shirt, and he's looking pretty cool, next to connor and T800 :D

A 3.5 star figure. I had such high hopes, he looks great in pictures. I am glad I will wait for SS.

You going to post some pics soon?

A 3.5 star figure. I had such high hopes, he looks great in pictures. I am glad I will wait for SS.

You going to post some pics soon?

Hey mate, yeah, I'm bit disappointed myself. Maybe the big let down for me was the fact that both the jackets looks a tad too big on him, and looks nothing like the proto I saw a month ago in toy fair.

Also like someone has already mentioned, the hair paint job looks a bit toyish, as it was only a single color paint, unlike what we get from connor, which was a two tone paint job. And the skin texture paintjob wasn't as perfect as the connor ones. And the nose part is especially 'shiny'. The eyes also look lifeless, like their prior figures, I thought that by now they shouldve perfected it, since connor and the don was perfect! I suspect that this is what we are gonna get for the connor v2.

This figure is more of a supporting fig, next to connor. It really shows me that they really did an excellent figure of connor.

I did took some pics, but can't upload it just yet, as its my wife's birthday and I gotta spend the day with her. Will upload them tomorrow mate :)

Post some pics, man! I don't have Marcus yet, but I did have apprehensions about the black leather jacket. It did look a bit too big for him, but the blue one looked like a nice fit. As for the neck, is it any longer than the necks on other figures? I would assume it isn't and it's just the nature of figures displayed either topless or with thin attire to have long necks...unless it's Dutch we're talking about.

I hope I like him more than you liked yours, but right now I can only go by the photos posted here, and the figure looks quite nice. Like in these, from toysdaily:

3909595117_2c14e3efdb_o.jpg

3910371498_3bd7261f69_o.jpg

If the head(s) look anything like that when it arrives, then I'd be happy. I do see what you mean when you mentioned the hair though, could use a bit more detail.

I dunno bout the blue coat, I put it on after the leather jacket, and futzed it a bit, but still looks weird. Besides, I can't be bothered with putting the clean sculpt again since taking those off and putting em on can be a bitxh! The rubber ring on mine came off on the clean sculpt one, not a big deal, but stil"..

Ok, here comes mine, took a quick pic before my wife told me to get ready, I'm uploading it in the bathroom so that she won't know, just for you guys!

Excuse the angle and the quality :)

SU1HMDA1MTEuanBn.jpg

Having Connor in hand really makes me want this guy, hopefully not much longer before Sideshow gets theirs in.

Check out the neck thing once you get yours, it looks a bit too long on certain angles, IMO.

But I think he looks awesome next to connor! Can't wait to get the T600 weathered rubber version to put it next to him, along with the hydrobot :D

Hot Toys' necks tend to be a bit on the longer side, though on most figures it's only really apparent when you minimize an outfit, they seem to set the necks for certain costume setups and when you do differently, you can notice them longer at times.

Back