Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wont regret it :D

0291600x1200.jpg

I wish I was into HT when the T-800 came out. Thats another great figure to have multiples of. Nice display. I love the pointy finger but I rarely use it for some reason. I got mine displayed with him wagging his finger. What a great addition. They really went all out on this one.

I haven't shopped at gohastings.com in a while and I got an email with an additional 30% off code for my entire purchase if I go back. T-1000 is on sale there for $131. With my discount I can pick this guy up for $92, hmmmm what to do what to do???

I'm not sure if that code will work. After reading your post, I checked my email and had the same 30% off coupon. I went to gohastings site, added T-1000 to my cart then entered the promo code. The site accepted the code as valid but the price remained the same.
Give it a try and see what happens for you. I'm very curious.

My T-1000 just arrived from GoHastings and I can't wait to set him up when I get home! Took a quick look to make sure all was ok with the fig (which it was) and now that I have it in hand, it really is an impressive release. Tons of "goodies" included with this figure. And how I do love that new figure smell! :lol

Yep, I only picked up the "Uncle Bob" T-800 about a month ago!

I originally passed on the line but got a great deal on Uncle Bob and that infected me with the Terminator disease... T-1000 was immediately followed by the T1 Terminator...

Sarah would be a must-have to me only if there were a young John Connor released. But since it doesn't appear that it will happen, unless I find Sarah for dirt cheap, I'm going to pass on her.

Yep, I only picked up the "Uncle Bob" T-800 about a month ago!

I originally passed on the line but got a great deal on Uncle Bob and that infected me with the Terminator disease... T-1000 was immediately followed by the T1 Terminator...

Sarah would be a must-have to me only if there were a young John Connor released. But since it doesn't appear that it will happen, unless I find Sarah for dirt cheap, I'm going to pass on her.

Ive seen her as low as $115 but thats it. I love that figure. Shes so utterly bad ass in the that SWAT/mercenary style get up. That sculpt isnt spot on but with the glasses and hat you cant tell.

For me the Sarah figure is a 'good enough' sculpt much like the T-1000. I'm also OK with the T-1000 Sarah sculpt which some people hate. I'm more fussy when it comes to Arnie.

I hear ya. I've been tempted to pick her up but while I think that the T-800 / T-1000 display is perfect, if I were to add Sarah and never get a Johnny Connor, the display would always appear to be incomplete, to me.

I hear ya. I've been tempted to pick her up but while I think that the T-800 / T-1000 display is perfect, if I were to add Sarah and never get a Johnny Connor, the display would always appear to be incomplete, to me.

Its annoying not having John Connor. I understand your point. Sarah without John makes her an odd one out. Damn T1 and T2 portraying the 2 targets as helpless. Cameron should have had the foresight to know that in the future the only way that toy companies would consider these characters action-figure worthy is if he armed them to the teeth! :mad:

Got my T1000 today from GH for $131 shipped. If you've got the patience, deals do revolve. Then I just bought the donut head here in the FS section.

One day, when I have the space, he will go up.

For me the Sarah figure is a 'good enough' sculpt much like the T-1000. I'm also OK with the T-1000 Sarah sculpt which some people hate. I'm more fussy when it comes to Arnie.

You think the T-1000 sculpt is only "good enough"? Huh, I think its extremely close to Robert Patrick. In fact I think its one of the best HT has done. That part in the steel mill when he pulls himself back together....the figure has that facial expression nailed IMO

I dunno all loaded down with guns and ready for a fire fight Sarah looks quite at home with the T-800 and T-1000 when displayed. Plus that scene she exudes this lone bad ass. I dont think John is needed at all to complete the look IMO. I honestly dont care that much if they ever make a young John....or rather I dont think Ill lose sleep over it.

You think the T-1000 sculpt is only "good enough"? Huh, I think its extremely close to Robert Patrick. In fact I think its one of the best HT has done. That part in the steel mill when he pulls himself back together....the figure has that facial expression nailed IMO

I did say that didn't I. Meh ignore that part. Put it this way I have no ideas on how it could be better if indeed it could be - whereas I could talk about how I think the T-800 sculpt could be better. The T-1000 sculpt doesn't capture every face of RP if you know what I mean but it does capture the most important, predominant ones from the film that you'd want on an action figure - that determined Terminator stare. Its good for scanning the shopping mall, for frowning at the lookalike mannequin, for fighting the T-800, for breaking into a run after John Connor or for telling Sarah to 'call to John'. About the only scene it isn't good for is when he's talking to the Voights. So yeah forget I said that :lol

I dunno all loaded down with guns and ready for a fire fight Sarah looks quite at home with the T-800 and T-1000 when displayed. Plus that scene she exudes this lone bad ass. I dont think John is needed at all to complete the look IMO. I honestly dont care that much if they ever make a young John....or rather I dont think Ill lose sleep over it.

I think Sarah looks great, but John Connor is the reason why the two Terminators paid a visit to late 20th century L.A.... ;)

I would love to have John Connor display on a Detolf shelf, flanked by the two opposing Terminators. On one side, the one on a mission to kill him; on the other side, the one with the mission to protect him. It's the whole theme to the film and I think it would make for a great display.

Then perhaps I could have Sarah displayed behind John, further back in the shelf. Perhaps symbolizing how she protected him and yet was separated from him. Corny? Perhaps, but I think it would work.

^ I understand completely. Instead we've just got these Terminators fighting over nothing. I mean I'd rather have them than not have them but its still a shame that you can't fully represent the plot of the film on your shelf with all the essential characters.

Exactly. I am very appreciative of what we did get. These figures are amazing and are some of the most impressive in my whole collection, but the series or line would have been considered "complete" with the addition of John. Unfortunately, we can't say that about most of Hot Toys' other lines of figures.

Back