Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best poseable Spidey HT has ever done were the Tobey figures in their cloth suits. I sure wish they’d make a classic comic version like that.
For proper Spider-Man costumes, I 100% agree. The HC Homemade suit is the best overall movie figurre for poseability with the cloth outfit and more modern body.

The ankles broke, yes. That red plastic was notoriously fragile. But the use of the very well done cloth suit allowed for dynamic posing which is what I was referring to. The black suit Spidey didn’t have the sculpt stitched to the neck and that release was just about perfection.
If the new Tobey Spidey figures use the older style fabrics and the newer ratchet style bodies it would be perfection. Ive had my Red and Blue and Black Spideys in extreme poses for over a year at a time and they still bounce back perfectly.

If the new Tobey Spidey figures use the older style fabrics and the newer ratchet style bodies it would be perfection. Ive had my Red and Blue and Black Spideys in extreme poses for over a year at a time and they still bounce back perfectly.
the black suit Spidey 3 was really good material

the black suit Spidey 3 was really good material
Yep still one of my favorite figures till this day. I bought two of em back when they released, have left one in a museum pose and the other in the most extreme poses i could get him in and after almost 10yrs later I could put them side by side and you wouldn't even know which was which. Fantastic material!

I think the NWH final suit is making some people pause. It could be a 1.5 year wait.

Figured I might as well take a few pics here's most the collection. Black suit been through the ringer over the years,been posed like this for around 2 years at this point.

Attachments

• 20220210_193501.jpg
    20220210_193501.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 20220210_193318.jpg
    20220210_193318.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 20220210_193125.jpg
    20220210_193125.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 142
  • 20220210_193059.jpg
    20220210_193059.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 20220210_193014.jpg
    20220210_193014.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 20220210_192808.jpg
    20220210_192808.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 142
I remember ordering a black suit spidey from disney, on sale, and they sent me 2 of them on accident
(think it was a Disney store, it was one you wouldn’t expect)

‘’I’ve always thought the ASM figure had a durable suit
i posed the heck out of it and it still look great

Figured I might as well take a few pics here's most the collection. Black suit been through the ringer over the years,been posed like this for around 2 years at this point.
Awesome Spidey collection! Love it.

It's sad isn't it we can't pose our spideys in a dynamic pose without damaging the suit?
I too display them in a museum pose.

2022-02-06_10.00.08.jpg

Awesome Spidey collection! Love it.

It's sad isn't it we can't pose our spideys in a dynamic pose without damaging the suit?
I too display them in a museum pose.

View attachment 561880
Yeah it is very sad! I buy doubles of the suits I really liked just so I could have a second copy in pristine condition. However with most these suits I just cannot bare to intentionally mess them up as they are just too awesome in appearance,leaving me buying doubles a moot point. Last modern release Im comfortable with manipulating freely is the scarlet spider as it too rebounds like the old SM3 suits. Nice setup!

This whole damaged suit thing again. You can pose these figs without worry. A little gentle steam (from a face steamer as a kettle is too harsh and watery) will return the suit back to normal. The only way these can be damaged long term is from the grabbers.

I have always posed my web heads in dynamic poses for months at a time and a little steam from the wifes face steamer and its back to normal.

However, these game suits will need a few attempts as the material is much thicker.

This is the shot I wanted since I have the HC version. Yeah HC is what I thought in being more realistic than this one so he might still be the better option to have standing next to MCU characters. There will be people holding out for that NWH final suit that might go better with their MCU collection.

Screenshot 2022-02-11 093845.jpg

This whole damaged suit thing again. You can pose these figs without worry. A little gentle steam (from a face steamer as a kettle is too harsh and watery) will return the suit back to normal. The only way these can be damaged long term is from the grabbers.

I have always posed my web heads in dynamic poses for months at a time and a little steam from the wifes face steamer and its back to normal.

However, these game suits will need a few attempts as the material is much thicker.
Good to know👍

Has anyone who ordered from TWL gotten any shipping updates? Paid for DHL shipping on Monday and tracking still just says "Shipment Information Received" with no updates. First time ordering through TWL so idk if this is standard procedure or what.

Yeah it is very sad! I buy doubles of the suits I really liked just so I could have a second copy in pristine condition. However with most these suits I just cannot bare to intentionally mess them up as they are just too awesome in appearance, leaving me buying doubles a moot point. Last modern release Im comfortable with manipulating freely is the scarlet spider as it too rebounds like the old SM3 suits. Nice setup!

Lol I also do buy multiples of some figures, and yep, I even if I intend to pose them, I just end up not doing so :ROFLMAO:

It's been a long time since I was fully hyped for anything fandom related but Justin's video above has completed my journey to the Hype Side.

I feel like a joyful nerd again and my boiling cynicism at what's become of geekdom at the hands of Big Entertainment and their merchandising arms has abated enough for me to enjoy this figure.

Can't wait to get my copies in hand!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

It's been a long time since I was fully hyped for anything fandom related but Justin's video above has completed my journey to the Hype Side.

I feel like a joyful nerd again and my boiling cynicism at what's become of geekdom at the hands of Big Entertainment and their merchandising arms has abated enough for me to enjoy this figure.

Can't wait to get my copies in hand!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

THAT'S the spirit!!! :D:D:D

Back