Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As ZE said, the material for this feels more durable. It's not the thin spandex material that they use on the Man of Steel figures where it dents in when posed. It brunches up into thicker folds more than anything so you don't really get pinches in the fabric.

Happy to finally put this alongside SooSoos Green Goblin. I also have Mysterio displayed next to him as well. This is the Spider-Man figure to get if you only need one in your collection. Although I do hope Hot Toys does Tobey/Garfield. Would love those two alongside this.

51928023795_2205c5b9be_k_d.jpg

51927481468_f92b90112e_k_d.jpg

For those getting theirs from Sideshow I got my two in and both had pretty horrible seam stitching on the left side where they sealed the suit on the body. Looking through the pics from the last 10 pages just about every pic is not showing this part of the figure, im curious for those who have him in hand what that seam looks like on your figure. Sideshow is replacing mine thankfully but I feel Ill get another 2 with the same issue,I hope not.
View attachment 565359
View attachment 565360
Just opened this up just to check and mine looks nearly identical to yours.

As ZE said, the material for this feels more durable. It's not the thin spandex material that they use on the Man of Steel figures where it dents in when posed. It brunches up into thicker folds more than anything so you don't really get pinches in the fabric.

Happy to finally put this alongside SooSoos Green Goblin. I also have Mysterio displayed next to him as well. This is the Spider-Man figure to get if you only need one in your collection. Although I do hope Hot Toys does Tobey/Garfield. Would love those two alongside this.

Those really do look great together!

And excellent pose on your Spider-Man! I might be stealing it from you when I finally open up my figure!

Sick shots my dude!

The best part is that pose hardly stresses the material at all.

Just opened mine. Overall really great figure. Terrible method of stitching on the right side torso though:

0291F6A6-3644-488A-9A8F-48830482141F.jpeg

Regardless I’ll be keeping it. It’s not as bad as the others have reported.

As long as it holds the suit together it’s out of sight out of mind for me.

Straight up museum pose for me. I feel like the suit would stretch out over time if left in a dynamic pose.

E84ECFA1-1B06-4F83-8EA0-556BA3D293EA.jpeg

This figure looks awesome on display. The colors pop.

For those getting theirs from Sideshow I got my two in and both had pretty horrible seam stitching on the left side where they sealed the suit on the body. Looking through the pics from the last 10 pages just about every pic is not showing this part of the figure, im curious for those who have him in hand what that seam looks like on your figure. Sideshow is replacing mine thankfully but I feel Ill get another 2 with the same issue,I hope not.
View attachment 565359
View attachment 565360
You actually got SS to replace them for that..😳 All of them are like this..this is how they stitch the fabric together so it allows room to let the articulation happen While not throughly damaging the material . Wow I’m shocked SS is replacing it for you. I’m pretty sure you’re going to get much of the same design in the replacements ..I’ll be shocked if it looks better..but we’ll have to see 🤔

You actually got SS to replace them for that..😳 All of them are like this..this is how they stitch the fabric together so it allows room to let the articulation happen While not throughly damaging the material . Wow I’m shocked SS is replacing it for you. I’m pretty sure you’re going to get much of the same design in the replacements ..I’ll be shocked if it looks better..but we’ll have to see 🤔
I shouldn't be able to see the body underneath and in the right light it's visible,not okay with that. Not only that but the building ledge part with magnets was torn in half too. The second one I got isn't as badly stitched, it's comparable to others here. Hope this replacement is better.

That’s how it’s done people! Great posing 👍

I shouldn't be able to see the body underneath and in the right light it's visible,not okay with that. Not only that but the building ledge part with magnets was torn in half too. The second one I got isn't as badly stitched, it's comparable to others here. Hope this replacement is better.

I’m not quite sure I understand. So you bought two and they had the exact same stitching and thought they must be both defective?

I’m not quite sure I understand. So you bought two and they had the exact same stitching and thought they must be both defective?
Bought two,second one I opened up looked a bit sloppy on the stitching,the first one I opened up l,the one I posted,looked terrible, stitching was not the exact same. Requested a replacement for only the first one and received it yesterday and it looks better.

Last edited:
Still waiting for my first one to show up from sideshow that I ordered over a year ago....

Back