Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome. :yess: Wish it was fabric but gonna have to just figure out a pose that works with the material.

133751633_3599787983423117_7571501369043682896_o.jpg

At first I thought it was just thin cardboard, but it does appear to have some depth to it along the cornice, window border as well as those electrical boxes. Speaking of those, hopefully HT fixes them prior to release. Having them directly under a window is an obvious building code violation. Easy pass unless that's changed. :slap

:wink1:

View attachment 502410

Looking at that with the front and back angles. I think it's going to be black foam with it just paper printed on it.

Look at the electrical boxes and the sides of the wall on the interior shot. Just black, not grey like you'd expect if it was anything molded. So will probably feel super cheap in hand.

I think it looks cool enough, but will probably be very light and floaty, and probably annoying to pose with since it'll have no weight to it.

Eh, I would never give HT the benefit of the doubt. The diorama backdrop seems sturdier than the cheap stuff they usually give us, but I'm willing to bet this will be as cheap as the BP black light stand made of styrofoam. This is HT we're talking about after all, a reputable "premium" toy company. :lol

Thats my only concern. How will this hold up over time. I feel like over time in a extreme pose this suit could crack or rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what has kept me from getting any Spider-Man HT figures, I don?t think the suits will hold up over time.

Man he looks good, but that suit material still makes me hesitant

That is what has kept me from getting any Spider-Man HT figures, I don?t think the suits will hold up over time.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer a different material, but whatever they're using on a lot of these VG Spideys (Advanced, Negative, Classic) is pretty durable and I think it will last if you're careful. I had the Advanced and I could push it pretty far in poses, and the material recovered just fine.

None of these 1/6 figures are gonna last forever if you manipulate them a lot -- even 1:1 clothing wears out. My main concern would be if they fell apart just standing on a shelf, which some Hot Toys figures have done, so I get the hesitation -- but I don't think the vinyl used on these suits will deteriorate any time soon, unless subjected to temperature extremes.

I'm less sure about things like the EG Black Widow's suit, because I can't make out the nature of the material which also feels thinner and more fragile than the Spidey suit, if it's a thin layer bonded to fabric or something I can see that falling apart over time.

This is the first 1/6 scale HT figure I've ordered since Endgame Captain America (around a year and a half ago. . .still waiting. . .). This is the one I've been waiting for from HT. Comic-styled figures are what I've wanted from HT since the beginning, and this is likely the closest we will get with Spidey. Now, where is brown Wolverine???

They should make a 1/4 version too.
:drool

I pre-ordered the MCU version, but it's just a stand-in for a classic, comic version. Like others, I would prefer cloth here. Worked really well on the MCU Spidey. And I wasn't really keen on how the plastic material worked on the Amazing Spidey 2 version. But, we will see.

I want to want this, but there are things I don’t like. For one, the raised webs on the head and hands, not accurate to the game and is an eyesore, especially since the advanced suit didn’t do it. Second, the material used for the suit looks like the advanced suit which SUCKED, the worse one to pose out of the 4 spider man figures I own, with the scarlet spider suit being the perfect material. Also the arm pits on my advanced suit are starting to peel after only a year of owning, so if this is the same material as the advanced suit it’s an easy pass for me. But we’ll have to wait for in hand comparison first. And last, the backdrop looks like the cheap cardboard crap they usually include.

I want to want this, but there are things I don?t like. For one, the raised webs on the head and hands, not accurate to the game and is an eyesore, especially since the advanced suit didn?t do it. Second, the material used for the suit looks like the advanced suit which SUCKED, the worse one to pose out of the 4 spider man figures I own, with the scarlet spider suit being the perfect material. Also the arm pits on my advanced suit are starting to peel after only a year of owning, so if this is the same material as the advanced suit it?s an easy pass for me. But we?ll have to wait for in hand comparison first. And last, the backdrop looks like the cheap cardboard crap they usually include.

Yeah it looks like a similar suit material to the Adv. Spidey, but hey I mostly do museum posing. I'm not bothered by the raised webbing, but as others mentioned the foam and cardboard backdrop seems lackluster; I prefer a solid rooftop base the figure can stand on, but alas.

Let me guess, no NRD there?

Huh. Cheaper shipping maybe? Or they?ll have it back up at some point.

I get the popularity, I?m buying more than 1 and it?s a grail...but it feels way too early for a sell-out anywhere.

BBTS has an NRD AND is $15 more than MSRP. They have $4 shipping and pack excellently, so I think those are reasons, but they still charge sales tax too. So extra $15+$4 shipping $tax and I might as well order at Sideshow, pay for the overpack, and get 5% rewards.

BBTS has an NRD AND is $15 more than MSRP. They have $4 shipping and pack excellently, so I think those are reasons, but they still charge sales tax too. So extra $15+$4 shipping $tax and I might as well order at Sideshow, pay for the overpack, and get 5% rewards.

Just in case you havent seen already, sideshow has updated their rewards policy so you basically need to use them within a year. I used to stockpile mine and get a 'free' figure every other year or 3, but that wont be possible starting in 2022.

Sorry I?m a noob with hot toys stands. Is there a way to have the stand holding him standing on the base in a neutral pose? Or is an aerial pose the only option?

Sorry I?m a noob with hot toys stands. Is there a way to have the stand holding him standing on the base in a neutral pose? Or is an aerial pose the only option?

Looks like neutral pose is possible. I have my Homecoming Spidey in a neutral pose and these two appear to have the same type of stand.

I want to want this, but there are things I don’t like. For one, the raised webs on the head and hands, not accurate to the game and is an eyesore, especially since the advanced suit didn’t do it. Second, the material used for the suit looks like the advanced suit which SUCKED, the worse one to pose out of the 4 spider man figures I own, with the scarlet spider suit being the perfect material. Also the arm pits on my advanced suit are starting to peel after only a year of owning, so if this is the same material as the advanced suit it’s an easy pass for me. But we’ll have to wait for in hand comparison first. And last, the backdrop looks like the cheap cardboard crap they usually include.

I entirely agree with this. I have POed, but can’t say I’m really happy. I know that the very first Spidey is dated, but it still remains my favorite because of all of them, that’s the only one you can actually pose without risks.

I would not use the gripper holder unless you need to, I would just pose him balanced against the rod. The grippy thing is pretty tight, I've only seen it once but it rubbed through someone's Homecoming suit. If I'm just standing him, I just have him lean slightly so he doesn't need to be gripped.

Back