Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not use the gripper holder unless you need to, I would just pose him balanced against the rod. The grippy thing is pretty tight, I've only seen it once but it rubbed through someone's Homecoming suit. If I'm just standing him, I just have him lean slightly so he doesn't need to be gripped.

I highly recommend this as well.

I noticed a small ?dent? in the rubber suit on my HC Spidey. Luckily I took him out of the gripper before it got too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case you havent seen already, sideshow has updated their rewards policy so you basically need to use them within a year. I used to stockpile mine and get a 'free' figure every other year or 3, but that wont be possible starting in 2022.

I haven?t seen this. Where is it stated? I?ve literally held on to all my RPs for almost 4 years now with the big plan being to drop it all on the eventual DC Iron Man Mk1. Don?t want to end up in a situation where I look at my points and they?re suddenly all gone.

I haven?t seen this. Where is it stated? I?ve literally held on to all my RPs for almost 4 years now with the big plan being to drop it all on the eventual DC Iron Man Mk1. Don?t want to end up in a situation where I look at my points and they?re suddenly all gone.

It was sent in an email

It's now stated in the Rewards Program Terms & Conditions:

- As of January 1, 2021, Sideshow Rewards from any source will have an expiration date of one (1) year from the activation date of the Sideshow rewards. The activation date is defined as the date the Sideshow reward became eligible to be used for redemption. Any rewards that are active as of January 1, 2021 will expire in one year on January 1, 2022. Sideshow Rewards listed as PENDING are not ACTIVE and therefore not assigned an expiration date.
- Sideshow Rewards that are due to expire within 30 days will be highlighted in the Sideshow Rewards area of the Member?s account and may be included in the Member?s Sideshow Rewards Program summary email under a section entitled, ?About to Expire?.

It was sent in an email

- As of January 1, 2021, Sideshow Rewards from any source will have an expiration date of one (1) year from the activation date of the Sideshow rewards. The activation date is defined as the date the Sideshow reward became eligible to be used for redemption. Any rewards that are active as of January 1, 2021 will expire in one year on January 1, 2022. Sideshow Rewards listed as PENDING are not ACTIVE and therefore not assigned an expiration date.
- Sideshow Rewards that are due to expire within 30 days will be highlighted in the Sideshow Rewards area of the Member?s account and may be included in the Member?s Sideshow Rewards Program summary email under a section entitled, ?About to Expire?.

I appreciate the replies. I’m not very active here anymore and have slowed down on collecting so I could’ve very easily missed this. Thanks.

I would not use the gripper holder unless you need to, I would just pose him balanced against the rod. The grippy thing is pretty tight, I've only seen it once but it rubbed through someone's Homecoming suit. If I'm just standing him, I just have him lean slightly so he doesn't need to be gripped.

I highly recommend this as well.

I noticed a small ?dent? in the rubber suit on my HC Spidey. Luckily I took him out of the gripper before it got too bad.

Yeah I'm a bit weary of clamps, I wish they'd also include a straight pole with a groin holder, like some of the Iron Man quarter scales, and the Mark XLV.

It is a real pity that this release is one of the weakest out of the videogame Spider-Man line.

Sculpted web on head and hands makes no sense.
They could have just reused the Mark IV or Advanced suit sculpt.

Suit material should be the one used for Scarlet Spider.
Using this material for no practical reason other than production costs, is a letdown.
Mark IV Spidey at least has UV effects...

And the wrist bands for the webshooters, they seem to be more noticeable here than in the previous releases.

Being a life-long fan of Spidey it is hard for me to pass on this release, but I will.

I have 1/6 Hot Toys Raimi Spider-Man, and VG Scarlet Spider. But I find myself passing this one! incredible.

It is a real pity that this release is one of the weakest out of the videogame Spider-Man line.

Sculpted web on head and hands makes no sense.
They could have just reused the Mark IV or Advanced suit sculpt.

Suit material should be the one used for Scarlet Spider.
Using this material for no practical reason other than production costs, is a letdown.
Mark IV Spidey at least has UV effects...

And the wrist bands for the webshooters, they seem to be more noticeable here than in the previous releases.

Being a life-long fan of Spidey it is hard for me to pass on this release, but I will.

I have 1/6 Hot Toys Raimi Spider-Man, and VG Scarlet Spider. But I find myself passing this one! incredible.

I’m starting to agree. Still on the fence though. The raised webbing isn’t ideal but I can live with it. I have a bigger problem with the web shooters, I wonder if they’re removable as they look like bracelets

The rubber suit this what is really making me hold off though. Comparing the poses this one does in the promos (and all the other rubber suit spideys) to the Scarlett spider ones. You simply can’t get those cool realistic web swinging poses

Yeah, due to SS's cheapening out on the reward points and the fact that they had a NYE flash sale yesterday I decided to cash out my points and I ordered The Wasp from them yesterday...surprising, I know since I hate SS...but a decent deal is a decent deal...got her for just under $240...so I consider that a win.

Thanks for the advice. I took the holder off of all my figures that had them and have them now balanced against the rod. Still all good.

I actually like the diorama building that comes with this. I think it's the first backdrop I've seen that can be integrated with the stand for some interesting display options (sitting on top of the building, wall crawled on the side, swinging away from it, etc.). I would probably use it only for a few pics, and then leave it in the box, but I think it's kinda neat.

I originally was going to pass on this due to aforementioned issues (material, raised webbing, etc.), and I am still happy with the ASM2 version. But I've always wanted a classic suit look, and the ASM2 has muted colors and the silver webbing instead of black webbing on the suit.

I figured I'd pre-order so I don't miss out, in case they make some improvements, then after I have it in-hand I can decide which to keep and which to sell.

Best of Two Worlds

lopan.jpg

I'm well aware of the figure's shortcomings, such as they are, but having owned the Advanced suit I know what's coming, and I can't imagine a Spidey fan passing. To each their own, of course, but for me the raised webbing may not be what I want, but also not a deal-breaker.

The suit material's not the worst, you can still pose it without major problems, although obviously not like Scarlet Spider.

I'm well aware of the figure's shortcomings, such as they are, but having owned the Advanced suit I know what's coming, and I can't imagine a Spidey fan passing. To each their own, of course, but for me the raised webbing may not be what I want, but also not a deal-breaker.

The suit material's not the worst, you can still pose it without major problems, although obviously not like Scarlet Spider.

Pretty much the same. Would prefer not to have raised webbing on the head but the overall aesthetic is excellent and I don't doubt this is going to look badass on the shelf...unless it gets shafted in some (as yet) unforeseen way between now & final product.

Pretty much the same. Would prefer not to have raised webbing on the head but the overall aesthetic is excellent and I don't doubt this is going to look badass on the shelf...unless it gets shafted in some (as yet) unforeseen way between now & final product.

SHUT YO DAMN MOWF!! :rotfl

They pulled off the Advanced and Negative suits very nicely from proto to production, I'm not anticipating problems with this grail of grails. :pray:

SHUT YO DAMN MOWF!! :rotfl

They pulled off the Advanced and Negative suits very nicely from proto to production, I'm not anticipating problems with this grail of grails. :pray:

If there's one thing HT is extremely consistent with it's always messing SOMETHING up eventually. It's kinda like a grab bag or randomizer. They're gonna drop the ball on a figure again sooner or later...the question is which one? :lol

If there's one thing HT is extremely consistent with it's always messing SOMETHING up eventually. It's kinda like a grab bag or randomizer. They're gonna drop the ball on a figure again sooner or later...the question is which one? :lol

Not this one.

Not. This. One.

BBTS has this back in stock, so I pulled the trigger on pre-ordering it. There's a couple of things about it that I don't like (and hope they fix) but, as said before, it's probably the best classic 1/6th Spider-Man we're going to get for a while.

Back