Hot Toys Iron Man 2 War Machine preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
those pics prove it. its not a matter of me being the first with it, its about where can I get this awesome thing as soon as humanly possible:rock

so no seperate cheadle head for a rhodes in military outfit? also love the articulated hands, hope they do this for ironman too.

Pretty sweet, but that Rhodey sculpt needs some work.

It worries me how early this package has come together. I'm entirely positive HT hasn't seen the film. What if there are cool WM-related gadgets or stuff that we don't know about yet? How good is HT's reference material?

Still, good looking figure.

1/6th scale War Machine Collectible Figure

Product code: MMS120

Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale War Machine collectible figure from the Iron Man 2 movie. The movie-accurate War Machine collectible is highly detailed and fully deployed, specially crafted based on the image of Don Cheadle as the well-received character War Machine in the movie, highlighting the well equipped armor, light-up functions and weapons.

The 1/6th scale War Machine collectible figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Don Cheadle as War Machine in the movie Iron Man 2
- Alternate head with authentic likeness of Don Cheadle as Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes in the movie
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Movable and detachable parts on shoulder and waist
- Four (4) pairs of interchangeable palms
+ One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
+ One (1) pair of open palms with light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
+ One (1) pair of relaxed palms with light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
+ One (1) pair of fists
- Metallic grey flat colored painting on armor
- Special features on armor
+ LED-lighted eyes and heart (red light, battery operated)
+ Articulated flaps at the back of armor on left and right legs 

Weapons:
- One (1) articulated shoulder-mounted gatling gun, rotatable and multidirectional
- Two (2) shoulder-mounted cannons with one on left and one on right side
- Two (2) machine guns with one behind left and one behind right forearm

Accessory:
- Figure base with War Machine nameplate and movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: End Q2 – Early Q3, 2010

© 2010 MVLFFLLC. TM & © 2010 Marvel Entertainment, LLC & subs.

Remarks:
- All information is subject to change without prior notice.
- The above release date is for reference only, please check with your local distributors and wholesalers for more accurate details.
- Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

It worries me how early this package has come together. I'm entirely positive HT hasn't seen the film. What if there are cool WM-related gadgets or stuff that we don't know about yet?

my concern as well. finished film's not in the can yet when ht was making this toy. we could see another round of mark III 1st release/mark III BD.

It worries me how early this package has come together. I'm entirely positive HT hasn't seen the film. What if there are cool WM-related gadgets or stuff that we don't know about yet? How good is HT's reference material?

Still, good looking figure.

Gotta agree completely here...particularly on the Don Cheadle head sculpt...plus aint that brotha a little more on the ebony side of the color spectrum? :huh

I dig it. Dont care about the likness cause I'll never display it with that head. Consider it ordered :cool:

Awesome! Just awesome!!!! :rock :rock :rock
Don't really see the Don Cheadle likeness... maybe a bit. I hope HT fixes it, but I probably wouldn't display him with that headsculpt anyway.
I hope I'm able to buy this figure because this looks to be outstanding! :)

Does anyone reckon we'll get the Tactical Assault drones a 1/6 figures i mean they are that badass, hot toys could really make heaps of figures for this film. Mark 4, Mark 5, Mark 6, War Machine, Whiplash, Whiplash Mark 2 (possibility), Hammer's Tactical Assault Drones (maybe different variants)

I'd say that's a given.
i meant they jumped too fast with the initial mark III, hence all the added weaponry details on the latter produced mark III BD. if ht jumped too fast on WM(only relying on concept arts, not the finished film), we could have another version of WM down the line with added details. that's what worries me.

ARTICULATED FINGERS !!!!!!!!:horror:horror:horror

kinda makes all that extra pairs of hands moot, doesnt it? :D

Surely Hot Toys would have had access to the "Hero" costumes months before we knew anything about this?An awful lot of work has gone into this figure.

Surely Hot Toys would have had access to the "Hero" costumes months before we knew anything about this?An awful lot of work has gone into this figure.
no doubt about that. but it's not the details of the "costume" that worries me at this point(it's amazing as is!), it's what ELSE can the costume do. and for that i think ht needs to have seen the finished film, lest there's a scene with WM shooting all kind of bazookas out of his... i dunno, armpits or something and the studio forgot to mention it to ht.

and months later after the film is out... BAM! another ht WM that can shoot missiles out of his armpits. just dont like surprises is all.

qyhith.jpg

Problem with the figure is Don Cheadle's face is way too light. Other than that its a almost perfect figure. 9 out of 10. The articulated fingers is great but have me worry because we all know how FRAGILE Hot Toys figures are. I'm not going to play with the aritculated fingers.

Looks great, sold sold and sold. Articulated fingers and waist :D

Even if the likeness of Cheadle is off a bit, I dont give a rats arse because this will have its mask down all the time:banana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back