Hot Toys Iron Man 2 War Machine preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're in the US I do not understand preordering now at all. It's a waste of money. It's your money though so do what you will. That's just how I feel and me expressing my confusion.

this is the first time i've been so competely sold on a figure even before seeing proper pics of it. war machine as a design (both comic and film) is simply too bada$$.

my only (inconsequential) doubt is over the rhodes headsculpt but since i'll only display him with helmet on, it's a small issue.

1/6th scale War Machine Collectible Figure

Product code: MMS120

Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale War Machine collectible figure from the Iron Man 2 movie. The movie-accurate War Machine collectible is highly detailed and fully deployed, specially crafted based on the image of Don Cheadle as the well-received character War Machine in the movie, highlighting the well equipped armor, light-up functions and weapons.

The 1/6th scale War Machine collectible figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Don Cheadle as War Machine in the movie Iron Man 2
- Alternate head with authentic likeness of Don Cheadle as Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes in the movie
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Movable and detachable parts on shoulder and waist
- Four (4) pairs of interchangeable palms
+ One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
+ One (1) pair of open palms with light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
+ One (1) pair of relaxed palms with light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
+ One (1) pair of fists
- Metallic grey flat colored painting on armor
- Special features on armor
+ LED-lighted eyes and heart (red light, battery operated)
+ Articulated flaps at the back of armor on left and right legs 

Weapons:
- One (1) articulated shoulder-mounted gatling gun, rotatable and multidirectional
- Two (2) shoulder-mounted cannons with one on left and one on right side
- Two (2) machine guns with one behind left and one behind right forearm

Accessory:
- Figure base with War Machine nameplate and movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: End Q2 – Early Q3, 2010

© 2010 MVLFFLLC. TM & © 2010 Marvel Entertainment, LLC & subs.

Remarks:
- All information is subject to change without prior notice.
- The above release date is for reference only, please check with your local distributors and wholesalers for more accurate details.
- Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

Looks great! But I got to admit, I don't see Cheadle either (perhaps because the skintone is too light. Cheadle is pretty dark). Its not a deal breaker though since I've never displayed any of the Iron Mans unmasked. But still when they make a big point about the likeness it should be there.

Wow! There's some insanely impressive engineering going on there (the articulated fingers, the overlapping panels in the waste), and it's nice to see Hot Toys finally make a non-clothed figure that's not too skinny for the first time in their history; however, they need to work on their Cheadle headsculpt, and something about the finish on the figure leaves him looking like an inexpensive 6" figure. The textures in the metal might be too subtle.

I think Kojun can do better. I know they are in a rush to get these out so Im sure the face will get some more work done. They mention Cheadle in the listing so there wont be any rights problems. Does look like a guy in a suit this time. The neck seems a little thin though.

And again, I think the skintone on the figure is just too light. I think that is throwing the likeness off quite a bit.

That was fast!!!
I have to agree that it's mainly the skincolor that is off. Let's hope they are not sacrificing acuracy just to be PC

I gave up and told Eric to PO every single IM2 figure for me by default :p

And again, I think the skintone on the figure is just too light. I think that is throwing the likeness off quite a bit.

I think that may be it, because the features look really close to me. Eyes, nose, lips... might just be the skin tone.

For me its the mouth and the eyes. Maybe if the mouth was painted differently. To be honest, like the Downey, I don't really care to much because the face wont see the light of day for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back