Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm...good point. I haven't seen the second movie yet but from pictures (especially ones where Tony has his IM /Head/helmet removed) IM should be a little bulkier.

I seem to recall in early video games that he was kind of scrawny / thinny though. I don't even remember what game but I seem to remember a beat em up side scroller with IM...what was it...long time ago.:slap

In comics and games he can afford to be skinny. But like others have said, this is a 1/6 representation of a character in a movie hence the Movie Masterpeice tag so he should look and have the size of the movie. Also doubt they will give us a bulkier MKVI since all they have to do is change the chest piece and change the color some, that's how lazy Hot Toys will be and will milk another $180 from us.

The same concerns were expressed with IM figures.

I admit it does not appear a person could fit in the Mark suits (Mark I excluded) but whaddya do. The same defect appears true with IM2 figures which HT acknowledged and explained therefore, I doubt any adjust are forthcoming.

I enjoy my IM figures and I expect the same from IM2 (skinny or not).

Is it wrong that I like the figure more than the actual movie costume...?

he's supposed to be bulky. i mean, if you placed this fig next to say...DX bats, won't something look off?
In my opinion he's going to look off even next to Black Widow; displaying the Iron Man 2 figures together is going to make it obvious that Tony would have to be smaller and skinnier than Black Widow to fit in this suit.

In my opinion he's going to look off even next to Black Widow; displaying the Iron Man 2 figures together is going to make it obvious that Tony would have to be smaller and skinnier than Black Widow to fit in this suit.

Do you believe this applies to HT War Machine as well?

I do agree the color scheme is more iconic on the mark IV, and I've grown to like the look of the circular chest piece of the films than the classic triangle of the modern comics, but the Mark IV does nothing of worth onscreen. Sure, there's the battle against the Mark 2, but that battle only left me more impressed by the Mark II and Rhodey.

So then what's left? Tony getting stupid drunk and pissing in his mark iv suit? Yeah, great.

Actually, this might get me some flak, but I think the Mark IV didn't need to exist at all in the film. Think about it, a repaired Mark III would have been fine until the Mark VI showed up and the transition would have been more impactful if it happened like that -- kinda like how the Batsuit changed within The Dark Knight. I saw the movie with some friends and most of them couldn't tell how the Mark VI was any different from the Mark IV, which made the latter suit seem insignificant of an upgrade. Hypothetically, the mark iv does nothing on screen that the Mark III wasn't able to do. But Marvel and Hasbro needs the cash-in, so I understand.

Still, I will most likely get this for the Stark head sculpt and donuts, which is amusing, but I will be more excited by the Mark V and VI figures.

Actually, this is where you are wrong mate.

I watched the movie 3 times, and on the third time, I managed to pay attention to the little details on the movie.

When tony just got back on his workshop in the beginning of the scene, the hall of armor begins to light up, and on top of each mark theres a subtitle. I only managed to see mark 3, which has a "BATTLE DAMAGED" written on it, and mark 4 which has a "WAITING FOR UPGRADE".

Which actually means that mark 4 isnt perfect yet, just like mark 2 is, compared to the mark 3.

so by saying the mark 4 doesnt need to exist is almost like saying the mark 2 doesnt have to exist.

I will be more excited by the Mark V and VI figures.

Me too, for the reasons you specified about the Mark IV not doing much in the movie, and how awesome the Mark V is. While I think the Mark VI will rock, and am a big fan of the triangle chest, I'm going to wait for a Mark VI or Mark VII from the third film. The advancements Hot Toys will make by that time will be worth the wait.

Give me a Mark V, easily the coolest piece of armor in the movie and quite a jaw dropping scene as it unfolds out of the suitcase form :rock

Actually, this is where you are wrong mate.

I watched the movie 3 times, and on the third time, I managed to pay attention to the little details on the movie.

When tony just got back on his workshop in the beginning of the scene, the hall of armor begins to light up, and on top of each mark theres a subtitle. I only managed to see mark 3, which has a "BATTLE DAMAGED" written on it, and mark 4 which has a "WAITING FOR UPGRADE".

Which actually means that mark 4 isnt perfect yet, just like mark 2 is, compared to the mark 3.

so by saying the mark 4 doesnt need to exist is almost like saying the mark 2 doesnt have to exist.

You make a good point. I'll still stand by my argument that going from Mark III to Mark VI (in regards to the full sized armors, so this means excluding Mark V) would have made a bigger impact. Teasing the new armor by just showing it on the Hall of Armors would be good enough. A close up shot and maybe a remark from Tony that "it's not ready yet", would have built audience expectations much higher, and then when it finally appears, as the Mark VI, it would have had a much bigger payoff.

The Mark II serves a significant purpose in the first film. It's the first time we get to see the sleeker armor doing cool stuff and it's color scheme is AWESOME. I have friends who still love the chrome/polished metal look of the Mark II over the Mark III. The color itself justifies it's existence, not to mention it allows the audience to observe the suit's details better.

The Mark II does cool stuff and serves as a logical step over the Mark I. The Mark IV does neither of those things. How is it a logical step over the Mark III? Tony doesn't do anything interesting in it onscreen. It doesn't seem any more powerful than the Mark III. It goes toe-to-toe in a battle against the Mark II itself and loses. It's repulsors aren't more powerful than the Mark II, judging by how their blasts cancel each other out.

Most of my complaint is really the fault of the how the film presents the Mark IV, not in how it's designed. I don't think it needed to exist or have such a large role as it did in the film.

Me too, for the reasons you specified about the Mark IV not doing much in the movie, and how awesome the Mark V is. While I think the Mark VI will rock, and am a big fan of the triangle chest, I'm going to wait for a Mark VI or Mark VII from the third film. The advancements Hot Toys will make by that time will be worth the wait.

Give me a Mark V, easily the coolest piece of armor in the movie and quite a jaw dropping scene as it unfolds out of the suitcase form :rock

I can't even imagine what a Mark VII could be! :lol But whatever it is, I hope it's more significant than the Mark IV, even if the Mark VII just turns out to be a stepping stone to a possible Mark VIII. Wow. Mark VIII.

You make a good point. I'll still stand by my argument that going from Mark III to Mark VI (in regards to the full sized armors, so this means excluding Mark V) would have made a bigger impact. Teasing the new armor by just showing it on the Hall of Armors would be good enough. A close up shot and maybe a remark from Tony that "it's not ready yet", would have built audience expectations much higher, and then when it finally appears, as the Mark VI, it would have had a much bigger payoff.

The Mark II serves a significant purpose in the first film. It's the first time we get to see the sleeker armor doing cool stuff and it's color scheme is AWESOME. I have friends who still love the chrome/polished metal look of the Mark II over the Mark III. The color itself justifies it's existence, not to mention it allows the audience to observe the suit's details better.

The Mark II does cool stuff and serves as a logical step over the Mark I. The Mark IV does neither of those things. How is it a logical step over the Mark III? Tony doesn't do anything interesting in it onscreen. It doesn't seem any more powerful than the Mark III. It goes toe-to-toe in a battle against the Mark II itself and loses. It's repulsors aren't more powerful than the Mark II, judging by how their blasts cancel each other ou

Most of my complaint is really the fault of the how the film presents the Mark IV, not in how it's designed. I don't think it needed to exist or have such a large role as it did in the film.

Therefore based on that analogy, Mark 4 should've really been the suit case armor and Mark 5 should've been the end battle armor.

No Mark 6.

Him DJing drunk should've just been done in Mark 3.

But that theory hits a wall because his Mark 3 was damaged.

Therefore he had to build a Mark 4, regardless if he used it in the movie only to DJ. :lol

Mark 6 is just his ultra bad ass triangle chested super duper laser turbo suit :lol

Mark 6 couldn't exist until he found the "new" but yet named element (cough Vibranium cough).

Therefore based on that analogy, Mark 4 should've really been the suit case armor and Mark 5 should've been the end battle armor.

No Mark 6.

Him DJing drunk should've just been done in Mark 3.

But that theory hits a wall because his Mark 3 was damaged.

Therefore he had to build a Mark 4, regardless if he used it in the movie only to DJ. :lol

Mark 6 is just his ultra bad ass triangle chested super duper laser turbo suit :lol

Mark 6 couldn't exist until he found the "new" but yet named element (cough Vibranium cough).

What, Tony can't repair the Mark III again? He repaired it after it took a beating in the desert fight in Gulmerra (spelling?). Come on.

Maybe I shouldn't have worded my previous posts the way I did. Instead of the Mark IV not having a reason to exist, I should have just complained about the movie and its narrative and pacing choices. The Mark IV should have been treated better.

What, Tony can't repair the Mark III again? He repaired it after it took a beating in the desert fight in Gulmerra (spelling?). Come on.

Maybe I shouldn't have worded my previous posts the way I did. Instead of the Mark IV not having a reason to exist, I should have just complained about the movie and its narrative and pacing choices. The Mark IV should have been treated better.

I don't agree,

I think the Mark 4 is the best DJing battle armor ever built and it showed its true potential up on the big screen!

:lol

I don't agree,

I think the Mark 4 is the best DJing battle armor ever built and it showed its true potential up on the big screen!

:lol

Your point overwhelms mine. You win. It also has urine filters and it explodes watermelons like no other armor. :lol

The same defect appears true with IM2 figures which HT acknowledged and explained therefore, I doubt any adjust are forthcoming.

Can you elaborate on this a little? What did HT say about it? Sorry if this has been explained trying not to check this thread too much until I see the movie cos I hate spoilers :D

Can you elaborate on this a little? What did HT say about it? Sorry if this has been explained trying not to check this thread too much until I see the movie cos I hate spoilers :D

I don't recall whether it was on facebook or a thread but somewhere exist a post stating HT made the figure thin for abdominal articulation.

I don't recall whether it was on facebook or a thread but somewhere exist a post stating HT made the figure thin for abdominal articulation.

I still don't totally believe that translation is getting across the original intent of the message and I do believe it specifically referred to the chest, not the abdomen... although it could have been the torso in general. I forget and there's no way I can find it in this giant ass thread.

Back