Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, this is where you are wrong mate.

I watched the movie 3 times, and on the third time, I managed to pay attention to the little details on the movie.

When tony just got back on his workshop in the beginning of the scene, the hall of armor begins to light up, and on top of each mark theres a subtitle. I only managed to see mark 3, which has a "BATTLE DAMAGED" written on it, and mark 4 which has a "WAITING FOR UPGRADE".

Which actually means that mark 4 isnt perfect yet, just like mark 2 is, compared to the mark 3.

so by saying the mark 4 doesnt need to exist is almost like saying the mark 2 doesnt have to exist.

Now that you've mentioned it, did you manage to see what it said over the MKI?
zz1f1d7d8a.jpg

Do you think that HTs will be making a new MKI because of this? Because I actually like the clean look of it

I still don't totally believe that translation is getting across the original intent of the message and I do believe it specifically referred to the chest, not the abdomen... although it could have been the torso in general. I forget and there's no way I can find it in this giant ass thread.
It was in this post:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2474042&postcount=402

And OMG's translation was:
2) HT decided to make MK IV slimmer specially the chest armor for better articulation.

Now that you've mentioned it, did you manage to see what it said over the MKI?
zz1f1d7d8a.jpg

Do you think that HTs will be making a new MKI because of this? Because I actually like the clean look of it

but the pic you posted says it clearly though???

"reconstruction"

The Mark1 figure was molded parts over a true type. The reason why there were so many version of the Mark 3 figure was because it was an entire new body and they had to get as much use out of that mold before it became obsolete.

OK I have to ask but can someone PM me the BT or DD for the rip of this cause it looks very good quality.... I promise I will still see it in IMAX before watching it but man I gotto have this refernce material!! :D

What, Tony can't repair the Mark III again? He repaired it after it took a beating in the desert fight in Gulmerra (spelling?). Come on.

Maybe I shouldn't have worded my previous posts the way I did. Instead of the Mark IV not having a reason to exist, I should have just complained about the movie and its narrative and pacing choices. The Mark IV should have been treated better.

The damage on Mark III when battle on Gulmira only scratches and some bullet holes on the suits.
While when battling Iron Monger there's a lot of damage done on his suit like one of his leg repulsor offline and all of Mark III weaponry also not working after being 'hug' by Iron Monger.

And about Mark IV are 'useless' in the movie, remember that this movie happen 6 months after the first movie, so Mark IV suit playing a lot of role that we didn't knew.

PS: If i'm as rich as Tony, I'll make a new suits rather than repair an old one.

OK I have to ask but can someone PM me the BT or DD for the rip of this cause it looks very good quality.... I promise I will still see it in IMAX before watching it but man I gotto have this refernce material!! :D
That's from the 1080p trailer; no bootleg copy would ever look that good.

ohh how about the Hammer presentation ? That wasn't in any trailers? The one where someone listed the drones for the 4 different US Forces

but the pic you posted says it clearly though???

"reconstruction"

I know that it says reconstruction... but because it is a variant to the original MKI, without all the welds, at least to me it did. That was why i was asking if anyone thought HT might out out with a new MKI, so I can hold off on purchasing the original

It would totally suck if the Mark 4 wasn't in the movie, and all Hot Toys had to work with was Mk 5 and Mk 6, because I hate that damn triangle :pfft: I thought I might like it after seeing the movie but the circle still looks better

i don't plan on getting Mark 6 unless its animatronic and starts tap dancing, which with Hot Toys I would not rule out:lol

They will probably add something to it so you have to get it, like the rest of the Hall of armor base :gah:

You're weird. Were you that kid in kindergarden that refused to complete his shaped block puzzle because it contained a triangle shaped hole?

If you hate the triangle shaped chest reactor, you might end up hating all the armors in IM3.

I'm impartial to the shape. What counts for me is what the armor does in the film.

Last edited:
You're weird. Were you that kid in kindergarden that refused to complete his shaped block puzzle because it contained a triangle shaped hole?

If you hate the triangle shaped chest reactor, you might end up hating all the armors in IM3.

I'm impartial to the shape. What counts for me is what the armor does in the film.

I am sure he will love the Olympic IM. :lol:lol

The only really cool part was,

Spoiler Spoiler:

The only really cool part was,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good idea. :clap:clap

Back