Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What version of the suit was at the end of the movie, the one with the triangle center?
Was it MARK VI?
Was MARK V the briefcase version,and will there be a figure of that too?

What version of the suit was at the end of the movie, the one with the triangle center?
Was it MARK VI?
Was MARK V the briefcase version,and will there be a figure of that too?

Yes, the one with the triangular chestpiece is the Mk VI and the suitcase is Mk V.

I'm guessing HT will make both of them!

I dont like the shape of this guy. Looks more like a robot, than a man in a robotic suit. Too skinny and angular. I will stick with my MarkIII. War Machine on the other hand looks great. IMHO.
:)

I saw the movie last night and very much enjoyed it; however, I now find this figure completely off-putting. The Mark IV (and by extension Mark VI) are very bulky suits, much more so than the Mark III was in the first film. While the details are all there, this figure is a very poor representation of the suit and by extension in no way captures the essence of the character. These proportions are great for the suitcase armor, but that's it. I wish Hot Toys would start over with this figure and do it right, especially since it's almost guaranteed that they'll reuse the same figure for their Mark VI release. Whiplash and War Machine are such fantastically well done figures, it's a crime that Iron Man is the poorest figure in his own series.

IM2_MarkIV_PR2.jpg

I saw the movie twice and the figure from Hot Toys looks skiny I think Hot Toys have to remake this figure and make it more bulkie, my two cents.:wink1:
Looks like Ultraman:)

Even though the Hot Toys Mark IV is obviously too slim, the movie Mark IV and VI are in no way bigger than the Mark III.

mark34comparaison.jpg

They're designs are slimmer and more streamlined on purpose. And closer to RDJ's proportions too (the Mark 3 was designed before he was casted as Stark).
But the chest maybe a little more proeminent on Mark 4/6.

I was just about to point that out. The Marks IV and VI are actually a bit slimmer than the Mark III. Not by much, but they clearly are. The HT Mark IV needs a bit more bulk in some places, but they are on the right track for absolutely sure.

Even though the Hot Toys Mark IV is obviously too slim, the movie Mark IV and VI are in no way bigger than the Mark III.

They're designs are slimmer and more streamlined on purpose. And closer to RDJ's proportions too (the Mark 3 was designed before he was casted as Stark).
But the chest maybe a little more proeminent on Mark 4/6.
Maybe it was just the much wider legs that made the new suits seem bulkier than the Mark III. I think if Hot Toys just widened the legs (that shouldn't affect articulation at all) and shortened the neck, that alone would go a long way. But it seems his legs are also proportionately way too long for his body, which is pretty evident from the official photos as well as a side by side comparison. Looks like the upper half of his legs are way, way too long; look where his, um, crotchal region, starts:

markIV_hottoyscomparison.jpg

markIVmodified.gif

Last edited:
Saw the movie today. Does anyone have any interest in a Hot Toys "Hammer Drone"? I think getting one of these would be sweet i really like their design and would like to see at least one version made.

Saw the movie today. Does anyone have any interest in a Hot Toys "Hammer Drone"? I think getting one of these would be sweet i really like their design and would like to see at least one version made.

I would not mind picking up 1 of each military versions. Also will not mind a Crimson Dynamo figure too

I am fine (thus far) with the Mark IV design. All IM figures seem a bit skinny this one isn't any different IMO.

I have no interest in Hammer drones but if they make them congrats to anyone who would purchase.

I would not mind picking up 1 of each military versions.

You mean the versions developed by other countries??

Theres a whole section devoted to them in the "Art of Iron Man 2" book.And if you do nt buy any other merchandise you really should nt miss out on this it s superb.

Back