Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some new pics from toyworld forum:
dsc0180p.jpg

This pic looks UNREAL!!:horror
dsc0203s.jpg

Credits:vanhelsing67

thanks for the excellent pics, valvoliner & vanhelsing!

wow. i must say ht has FINALLY nailed the robert downey jr likeness! this is exemplary work. i agree with those of u who pointed out the thing with the whites of the eyes showing beneath the pupils. esp in downey's case, he's got large pupils. but i think the reason ht does that is to accommodate the badass "head tilted down, staring straight ahead" look. it works esp well for characters like the T1000 and blade.

still, even with the "smaller" pupils, i think it looks undoubtedly like downey jr. compare this latest sculpt with previous versions. when i showed a gal friend the mark1 portrait, she was confused. "why is a mongolian dude wearing the armour? isn't it supposed to be that cutie downey?" :lol

this bodes really well for the markVI i have on po. congrats to all who've gotten the markIV tho...

superb work, ht!

The Downey jr headsculpt was another reason I wanted to get this figure. Hot Toys are putting together a great collection of really good headsculpts of so many actors, I sorta wish I could have them all.

I've been polystone free x 1.5 years :rock
Ironically, I'm becoming more and more a fan of statues, and I believe jye was the reason for starting it all by selling me his Cap PF :D

I like Hot Toys figures and Sideshow statues. They are completely different beasts, so I can't say that one is better than the other. They both have their pros and cons, and I have both, so I don't have to choose :rock

I always find the paint work on the vast majority of statues (Sideshow included) extremely disappointing. For whatever reason 1/6 scale stuff tends to not disappoint.

Well, Hot Toys and Enterbay's 1/6th scale paint jobs are usually very good--better than what I see on larger Sideshow statues. But Sideshow's 1/6th scale stuff still has a long way to go. As does Medicom's.

Boy, does Medicom have a ways to go.

i dont even see this guy on AE's site anymore,,,,i know it was on there because i PO'd this guy back in may lol

Last edited:
I have him secured at BBTS. Alter Ego usually takes stuff off their website after their pre-order limit has been filled. However, usually when the item arrives, they have a few extra and put it back up.

Ironically, I'm becoming more and more a fan of statues, and I believe jye was the reason for starting it all by selling me his Cap PF :D

I like Hot Toys figures and Sideshow statues. They are completely different beasts, so I can't say that one is better than the other. They both have their pros and cons, and I have both, so I don't have to choose :rock

:rock :rock :rock

The most stressful packing jobs I've ever done were your Cap (the wings), plus Thor (again, wings) and Wolverine comiquette (blades and you guessed it, his wings).

How is he doing :rock

Don't get me wrong, it was hard selling them but I wanted a home theater the entire family could enjoy vs just me enjoying the statues (Thor PF was my favorite).

But i've grown accustomed to being polystone free.

My passion has turned into these little PFs as I like to call them.

I enjoy posing them.

Everytime I see a statue, it looks the same.

Everytime I see a HT figure, they're in different poses.

i dont even see this guy on AE's site anymore,,,,i know it was on there because i PO'd this guy back in may lol

I have him secured at BBTS. Alter Ego usually takes stuff off their website after their pre-order limit has been filled. However, usually when the item arrives, they have a few extra and put it back up.

Yeah I think I grabbed the last one. Same thing happened to me with Chris Taylor.

I understand that, and like that about the 12 inchers. But you just don't feel the same awe looking at a 1/6 scale figure as a 1/4 scale statue.

Cap is doing well in my collection. Still the centerpiece. That set me down the path of spending a couple thousand dollars on statues, so. . .yeah, thanks a lot :lol

Sadly, I just sold a damaged one I had to Boba Ben and was not as capable with my packaging attempt as you were with the one you sent to me :(

That Cap is now truly showing his old WWII battle scars.

I'm with you karamazov80 :hi5: as I have both as well and enjoy them both for what they are.

If I HAD to choose, I would pick HT's figures hands down. There are times though that I look at my PF's and am really in ah over how great they are.

The Conan PF and the Iron Man Classic Comiquette are 2 of my favorite pieces I own.

I'm with you karamazov80 :hi5: as I have both as well and enjoy them both for what they are.

If I HAD to choose, I would pick HT's figures hands down. There are times though that I look at my PF's and am really in ah over how great they are.

The Conan PF and the Iron Man Classic Comiquette are 2 of my favorite pieces I own.

I agree with this. I love both statues and 1/6 figures for different reasons. However, I'd take out the the Conan PF and replace it with the Conan: The Prize diorama. That piece really rocks the house down.

I understand that, and like that about the 12 inchers. But you just don't feel the same awe looking at a 1/6 scale figure as a 1/4 scale statue.

Cap is doing well in my collection. Still the centerpiece. That set me down the path of spending a couple thousand dollars on statues, so. . .yeah, thanks a lot :lol

Sadly, I just sold a damaged one I had to Boba Ben and was not as capable with my packaging attempt as you were with the one you sent to me :(

That Cap is now truly showing his old WWII battle scars.

:lol :lol

I promised my wife that after I hit the lotto, I will repurchase all my previous PF pieces.....and then some....although I don't know if I would pay the Ebay asking price for the HT Mark 1 even if I was wealthy.

Ok, maybe I would :lol

Back